Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 11:09 AM

101 posts, read 159,400 times

Advertisements

The dotted line is my entrance to the kitchen. Only one way to get in and out.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:15 AM

163 posts, read 271,127 times
Oh I see, it's a breakfast bar of sorts. Awesome.

Do you remember what day they first contacted you? It'll help to know cuz was probably the first day of low income, no preference people.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:11 PM

101 posts, read 159,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Oh I see, it's a breakfast bar of sorts. Awesome.

Do you remember what day they first contacted you? It'll help to know cuz was probably the first day of low income, no preference people.
I was first contacted on July 14.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:22 PM

76 posts, read 127,201 times
For anyone who has been there over a month, how how are the A/C's doing in terms of electricity use? If anyone could look up the make and model number on one of them, that would be awesome. I'm trying to do comparisons to what I have now and see how energy efficient they are. Thanks!

Old 08-17-2015, 01:45 PM

218 posts, read 473,110 times
Has anyone moved into the two bed two bath yet? I was wondering the average cost of electricity as well given that they have washer and dryers?

Old 08-17-2015, 01:54 PM

35 posts, read 49,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
Is that the second floor? I think I live right above you
Yes! Do you have the same layout?

Old 08-17-2015, 01:54 PM

94 posts, read 216,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
For anyone who has been there over a month, how how are the A/C's doing in terms of electricity use? If anyone could look up the make and model number on one of them, that would be awesome. I'm trying to do comparisons to what I have now and see how energy efficient they are. Thanks!
The company is islandaire I believe. No model number but it's really big and seems like it does use a lot of electricity on high

Old 08-17-2015, 01:56 PM

35 posts, read 49,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aml1026 View Post
the closet spaces in the layout you picked are terrific!
also, congrats on the early move in date.

we aren't expected to move in until mid-december (the wait is killing me!)

Thank you! I'm sure your apartment will be just as amazing (or even better). The higher floors have better views and none of that metal bars blocking the windows. Also I heard rumors the square footage is bigger as well! Moving was such a pain but best of luck to you in December!

Old 08-17-2015, 01:57 PM

103 posts, read 158,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
RCN actually said they would honor existing customers as "new customers" in the transfer of services when we called, which is awesome. As far as the wiring, you could be right - I just thought because our current building offered TWC and RCN that the cable wiring was the same and only FIOS fiber optic was different. In any case, I guess we will find out soon enough. And if there was an exclusive deal, that's a shame because there were clearly better deals available to all of us elsewhere.
I just spoke with a RCN representative while cancelling my current service and thought I would ask if HPS properties support RCN. She confirmed that both addresses (Crossing and Commons) are not wired for RCN and there are "no plans for service to be supported at those addresses". Sorry friends!

Old 08-17-2015, 03:24 PM

357 posts, read 656,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICaviator View Post
I just spoke with a RCN representative while cancelling my current service and thought I would ask if HPS properties support RCN. She confirmed that both addresses (Crossing and Commons) are not wired for RCN and there are "no plans for service to be supported at those addresses". Sorry friends!
Thanks for checking and getting back to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery