Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 02:04 PM

107 posts, read 207,908 times

Advertisements

I'm also a municipal employee, I think we're third in line so maybe this summer?! Unfortunately I have a lease to renew at that time...

Old 04-17-2015, 03:03 PM

63 posts, read 110,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysidemom View Post
Hi, so glad I found this forum as I'm at a loss of what to do. I received a letter 2 weeks ago stating to schedule an interview and I've called various times leaving messages and no one has returned my call or emails. I was supposed to have an interview by April 15th and now it's the 16th and still nothing. Did anyone have to wait long to hear from anyone after the interview letter? I'm considering stopping by the office and just make an appointment in person. I don't want to miss this opportunity!
Hi Sunnysidemom,

I had the same problem, but I'm a bit of a nervous person so instead of waiting, I headed down to the office and made the appointment in person. If you have the time, consider visiting them in person. I made the appointment in two minutes and then asked a bunch of questions. The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful. During the interview, the rep asked for more documents and those I also delivered by hand in person. If you take a copy of the list they give you requesting documents, they will stamp it with a received date.

Don't miss out on the opportunity by waiting for them to answer your calls. They are really swamped and working long hours trying to speed things up.

Best of luck!

Old 04-18-2015, 08:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewCitizen111 View Post
Hi Sunnysidemom,

I had the same problem, but I'm a bit of a nervous person so instead of waiting, I headed down to the office and made the appointment in person. If you have the time, consider visiting them in person. I made the appointment in two minutes and then asked a bunch of questions. The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful. During the interview, the rep asked for more documents and those I also delivered by hand in person. If you take a copy of the list they give you requesting documents, they will stamp it with a received date.

Don't miss out on the opportunity by waiting for them to answer your calls. They are really swamped and working long hours trying to speed things up.

Best of luck!
Thank you so much! I received another letter today that said 2nd notice and the dealing for the interview is April 23rd, so I'm really going to have to go down there in person to make this appointment since I've called tons of times with no luck! But so grateful for that 2nd letter!

Old 04-20-2015, 06:09 PM

200 posts, read 374,207 times
Has anyone received a counter-executed lease yet?? I signed mine almost a month ago and haven't received anything.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:08 PM

170 posts, read 314,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Has anyone received a counter-executed lease yet?? I signed mine almost a month ago and haven't received anything.
I signed a lease around the same time, and I'm still waiting on mine as well.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
I signed a lease around the same time, and I'm still waiting on mine as well.

Ridiculous! What if they decide to opt out?! That's my fear.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Ridiculous! What if they decide to opt out?! That's my fear.
It seems unlikely, after we've been vetted so thoroughly. If I don't hear anything back by the end of the month, I'm going to email them and see what's going on. But it doesn't seem like it would be in their interest to back out at this point.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
It seems unlikely, after we've been vetted so thoroughly. If I don't hear anything back by the end of the month, I'm going to email them and see what's going on. But it doesn't seem like it would be in their interest to back out at this point.
Sorry - wasn't clear. Fearful they will opt out of the month we signed up for and push us back.

I was also told we could see a model of the apartment once it is available. Hoping that is soon since move ins are slated for mid-May.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Sorry - wasn't clear. Fearful they will opt out of the month we signed up for and push us back.

I was also told we could see a model of the apartment once it is available. Hoping that is soon since move ins are slated for mid-May.
Oh, I see. I was told we'd do a walk-through of our actual apartment before we move in, although I got the impression it would be a little closer to the move-in date. Also that if the move-in date were to change, we would most likely find out a few months ahead of time; they wouldn't be springing it on us at the last minute.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Oh, I see. I was told we'd do a walk-through of our actual apartment before we move in, although I got the impression it would be a little closer to the move-in date. Also that if the move-in date were to change, we would most likely find out a few months ahead of time; they wouldn't be springing it on us at the last minute.
Let's hope not! I was told I could tour a model apartment as soon as it was ready. Signing a lease without actually seeing the apartment is a huge deal, and I would really like to see it soon and be able to take measurements. I'm hoping they will send the lease by end of April, since I saw that they told someone they should be receiving by end of the month. Here's hoping!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.