Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 07:24 AM

32 posts, read 45,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Does anyone know the actual cost of amenities? I was told $100, but then someone else is saying it goes by room size, and mine would now be $150 for a one bedroom.
I was told the cost of using the gym would be $100/year and the party rooms cost $100 for 4 hours of use. Haven't heard about any of the other amenities but I imagine they all have a cost component to them.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:07 AM

200 posts, read 374,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJay1990 View Post
I was told the cost of using the gym would be $100/year and the party rooms cost $100 for 4 hours of use. Haven't heard about any of the other amenities but I imagine they all have a cost component to them.
I heard the gym is small - with three treadmills for the entire building. 😕 I mean I guess it's good they have them...

Old 05-19-2015, 10:20 AM

457 posts, read 737,022 times
I'm sure the tenant lounge is free. My building charges more for the gym. 100 for 12 months is a good deal.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:54 AM

5 posts, read 11,921 times
Default Move in for HPS Commons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Congratulations!! The wait is over. I am hoping they will start the move-ins for Commons building soon as well, at least for the lower floors. However, I am hearing that the hold up is the Certificate of Occupancy, though not exactly sure. Any thoughts?
You can't move into any building if it does not have a c of o. The building could be finished but no c of o, no move in.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:05 PM

16 posts, read 27,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetolove2 View Post
Yes we have signed a lease for the 32nd floor of the smaller building with a move in date for October.

lobetolove2, how long did your application process took? from interview to lease.

Any new updates guys. I am still waiting for my interview call.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:56 PM

136 posts, read 217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS_Applicant View Post
lobetolove2, how long did your application process took? from interview to lease.

Any new updates guys. I am still waiting for my interview call.
Mine went fast in about few months for Commons, however it got stuck on the lease part. I still need to sign the preliminary and the hold up is the certificate of occupancy, which is holding everything up. Anyone in the same boat?

Old 05-19-2015, 02:01 PM

32 posts, read 45,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Mine went fast in about few months for Commons, however it got stuck on the lease part. I still need to sign the preliminary and the hold up is the certificate of occupancy, which is holding everything up. Anyone in the same boat?
Has anyone been offered a studio or 1 bedroom in Commons? Everything offered to me was in Crossings; just kind of wonder what is available in Commons, which *seems* like the better building.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:53 PM

200 posts, read 374,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJay1990 View Post
Has anyone been offered a studio or 1 bedroom in Commons? Everything offered to me was in Crossings; just kind of wonder what is available in Commons, which *seems* like the better building.
Ditto!! I'd also like to see what a one bedroom in commons would be like in a middle income range.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:25 AM

6 posts, read 9,262 times
Hey , my number is lower than 900, any good advice?

Old 05-20-2015, 10:41 AM

12 posts, read 17,243 times
just wanted to give an update on my status to see if anyone's in the same boat.

i received a letter requesting financial documentation in mid-april, got everything to related within 24 hours, but hadn't received any response other than a general confirmation that they had received the documents.

last week, someone else at related started up the application again and asked for a few additional documents, but wouldn't reply back with any status updates or timeline for what was happening with the application. it feels like there is a very strict limitation on correspondence coming from related. they'll do nothing other than confirm they've received whatever I've sent them - any requests for additional info on my end (i.e. "have i been placed on a waiting list?" "any anticipated timing for when the application will be moved forward", etc.) have resulted in either radio silence or an automated-type response that the team is working hard to process the application.

the opacity of the process is very frustrating. i'm not sure if there's a hold-up due to C/O or constructed-related problems, if they're overselecting applicants and placing some of us on informal waiting lists, or if they're just actually over-burdened with work. these are all plausible scenarios, but i'm not sure why there's so little regard for our time, or why it would benefit them to be so withholding.

it looks like the answer is 'yes', but anyone else having a similar experience? based on sarahtresko's comments, maybe the whole process has been frozen until the C/O issue has been resolved. sarah - have they mentioned anything in particular regarding this to you, or when they planned on resolving it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery