Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:10 PM

51 posts, read 104,367 times

Advertisements

Charlies is cool every once and a while but I feel like it's not as inviting as it used to be when it was Clock Bar. Bruckner is my default when I want to stay close to home, I have noticed that their burgers fell off big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 01:19 PM

49 posts, read 49,028 times
Yes every once in awhile it is ok for a drink...so is Mott Haven Bar & Grill. They have definitely lost their flair. I am hoping they open up a new Bruckner Bar & Grill.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:31 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
I too hope they open up a new Bruckner Bar and Grill.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:39 PM

116 posts, read 145,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmatthew5876 View Post
I almost rented a room with someone who works at one of the bars in the bruckner area. They offered me a shot of whiskey as a I was leaving. I didn't take the apartment, but I did get a window into the crowd of people working at these places. They sound like kids who just drink a lot and don't care about much else. Take this with a grain of salt of course, that's only the impression I was able to ascertain from my brief interaction with one of them.
I thought you meant they offered you a shot while at their work establishment and was thinking that was just friendly. After fixing my reading comprehension - that's at best - odd, and at worst - stranger danger! Being paranoid I would have thought they were going to drug me and steal a kidney.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:42 PM

624 posts, read 982,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie180 View Post
I thought you meant they offered you a shot while at their work establishment and was thinking that was just friendly. After fixing my reading comprehension - that's at best - odd, and at worst - stranger danger! Being paranoid I would have thought they were going to drug me and steal a kidney.
I don't think it was that bad lol. I think the guy was just a young dumb party dude. Not what I want to deal with after getting home from work. lol

Old 10-02-2014, 02:47 PM

51 posts, read 104,367 times
Original BBG comeback sounds good to me! The real question is how the hell does Wish37 keep the lights on!? Every time I pass by it's either closed or empty.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:52 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,519 times
As long as they still have the good food and the free home made chips with salsa!

Old 10-03-2014, 07:28 AM

49 posts, read 49,028 times
Wish37 has been a conundrum for everyone for some time. I suspect there is more to this place than a restaurant/bar. But who knows..according to the owner he has sunk $500K into the place..and keeps on sinking more. That doesn't make sense now does it? His daughter runs the bar...so their payroll is nonexistent...but they still lose tons of money on rent alone every month. I am hoping they give up and let Ceetay take over their lease and that will be the new location of the new BBG!

Old 10-03-2014, 09:17 AM

116 posts, read 145,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybold View Post
Original BBG comeback sounds good to me! The real question is how the hell does Wish37 keep the lights on!? Every time I pass by it's either closed or empty.
On the weekends when I've been there, I've not seen it open - it would be the perfect spot to watch NFL/MLB/World Cup etc. - seems like they are missing out on some $$$.

A month ago was one of the few times I witnessed Wish to be open. We were at Ceetay for dinner which had a steady stream of people in and out. There were a decent amount of people at Wish37, including a few guys standing right outside (it was a warm-ish night, so all the windows / door were open and people were enjoying the weather). All of a sudden, one of the flags fell off the facade, and came *thisclose* to hitting one of the poor guys! Imagine that lawsuit - it would have done some damage for sure, was like a spear dropping from the sky. With the amount of ped traffic that night between the 2 places, they are lucky it didn't hit anyone!

Old 10-03-2014, 10:03 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
Marketing the neighborhood for new comers. That's how it usually begins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City