Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 08:12 AM

19 posts, read 19,087 times

Advertisements

So here's the deal I'm a young person with bug dreams I just finished 2 years of college along with certificates I planned to start a 4 year college soon to finish off but I wanted to move before I live in a small city where it's nothing but cows and trees and I cannot take it anymore! I'm looking for info on where I can move I'm choosing between the beach and New York... I love the city scene and also the relaxed feeling of the beach.. I have family that live in Bronx New York and if I could go every weekend I would!!! It's 7 hours away though.. Based on my info which part of New York would be ideal for me? A nice college I plan to study human services, somewhere I can get a job Dealing with children possibly the school system? I have tons of exp... Which parts are atypically safe? Is there any parts of New York that have beaches? Lol.... What about Staten Island? Manhattan seems a little to exp for me we'll depending on the kind of jobs and the pay I will have to see what's the next step after manhattan? Brooklyn? Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 09:03 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,618,066 times
Can you live with your family in the Bronx? That's the most worthwhile situation given rent here is hard to do on a student's salary without really packing it in or living far away renting a room (for the most part anyways). If you want to work here, going to school here would be ideal as it would give you the connections that would be more valuable than the quality of your education, unless you graduated from an Ivy league of course, though this applies only towards entry level jobs.

I can't speak much for school-based jobs as the only one I know is the CPS in Chicago, and that system is absolutely horrific and is a bad representation on the rest of the nation's systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: