Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 16,707 times

Advertisements

How long after we take the exam.. Till we are hired and how many people are taking this exam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 10:19 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,306,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
I repeat-

Useless job that is being replaced by cameras and pay-by-mail citations.

Remove the collectors and reduce the tolls. This job is obsolete.

WHY are we hiring people for an absolutely useless position.
Tax the city residents gather the cash and throw it in the river, same effect.
You keep this up someone is gonna throw you in a river. Have you read the job description? It's more than toll collecting. In fact the MTA hires outside temporary part time workers that collect the tolls. These people were tan/beige shirt uniforms.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:15 PM

288 posts, read 469,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiththeplan_002 View Post
Received my exam notice today. Excited for the exam and opportunity, salary/benefits wise sounds like a solid start. Could always move on to something bigger and better but graduating college in early 20's this would be a solid place to start. I saw some people badmouth this job and 1 who offered his experience. Overall anyone else care to describe the job day to day or offer some thoughts??

good luck those who will take the test.
From me reading the job description on the Notice of Examination, and officers sharing their experiences without saying they hate or dislike the job, this is something you want to consider a good career. You will have a few knuckleheads talking bad about the job that don't even have this job, so don't let the negativity get to you. Just focus on passing this exam and hope to get a letter from tbta for an interview. Good luck to you.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:46 PM

7 posts, read 18,431 times
Is someone know when do we get a notice regard the test result after taking the exam?

Old 02-16-2015, 06:59 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,489 times
If i recall correctly most tests results are mailed 6 months later give or take.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 12,525 times
I received an email stating the Post Office returned my letter for the Bridge and Tunnel Exam no. 5606. They are telling me I have to go to the testing center in Brooklyn. I was wondering if anyone had the number for the NYS Civil Service Information. I am trying to see if they can resend my letter.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 12,354 times
I took my exam today, how long does it take for us to get our result. I heard they are in need to hire. Is that true? I also heard we might get our result back in a month.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:43 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schow View Post
I took my exam today, how long does it take for us to get our result. I heard they are in need to hire. Is that true? I also heard we might get our result back in a month.
Someone literally answered this two posts up...

Old 03-07-2015, 06:46 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schow View Post
They are going to post the answer keys online so if you took the test and recorded your answers you can match your results with the MTA and see where you stand. It was a full house today. Line stretched from the school along the cemetery which rides along one subway station to the next.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 12,222 times
How long after taking the test does it take to get a call back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City