Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 03:37 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belltolls View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRi-1llMOUw

A few things:
Money was snatched from the guy's pocket. Why? What was the purpose of doing that?
The officer points and taunts the guy while holding the cash in his hand and precedes to pepper spray onlookers without arresting them. Why? That's not protocol.

De Blasio seems awfully quite lately. Either way, Internal Affairs found no wrongdoing. Business as usual.
Then why voucher the money? Have you ever done a voucher? Go through the effort! SUCKS! Cop was right and the PERP is lying through his teeth!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 03:50 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Cop was right and the PERP is lying through his teeth!!!!
Story of life. This is why street guys need to go at 20. Why risk your pension over some skel's bogus complaint?

Old 10-10-2014, 04:21 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,791 times
Hey news flash Perps lie, they lie all the time. That's why they are perps. They aren't upstanding citizens. I will admit that the first time I saw this video I was disturbed by it, BUT I waited in my rush to judgement I wanted to see as many of the facts as possible, and low and behold all the papers and media outlets are reporting that the cop didn't rob the perp of $1300, he vouched all the property that he took off the perp, and guess what the perp lied. It wasn't $1300, it was $62.

I don't doubt that perp doesn't work and isn't capable of earning that amount of money legally, but at the end of the day he lied about what happened and still has an open warrant against him for driving without a licence that he still hasn't cleared up, still hasn't gone to pick up his property because he will be charged, and made a fool out of himself, the attorney that represented him in his sham accusation.

I have a friend who was is a detective Sergeant that was assigned to internal affairs for 2 1/2 years. He said 90% of the public complaints are unfounded, but they investigate every one of them. The ones who had legitimate complaints were dealt with.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:13 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Hey news flash Perps lie, they lie all the time. That's why they are perps. They aren't upstanding citizens. I will admit that the first time I saw this video I was disturbed by it, BUT I waited in my rush to judgement I wanted to see as many of the facts as possible, and low and behold all the papers and media outlets are reporting that the cop didn't rob the perp of $1300, he vouched all the property that he took off the perp, and guess what the perp lied. It wasn't $1300, it was $62.

I don't doubt that perp doesn't work and isn't capable of earning that amount of money legally, but at the end of the day he lied about what happened and still has an open warrant against him for driving without a licence that he still hasn't cleared up, still hasn't gone to pick up his property because he will be charged, and made a fool out of himself, the attorney that represented him in his sham accusation.

I have a friend who was is a detective Sergeant that was assigned to internal affairs for 2 1/2 years. He said 90% of the public complaints are unfounded, but they investigate every one of them. The ones who had legitimate complaints were dealt with.

So just cause the cop says it was $62, you believe him?

Old 10-10-2014, 06:28 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
People in the inner city just need to wear helmets and bulletproof vests. Problem solved.
It would also benefit them to respect authority, not hang on street corners , not be loud and obnoxious, and lastly pick up their pants.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:35 PM

943 posts, read 1,198,483 times
Let's Abolish The Police Department! We could lower our income taxes, property taxes and sales taxes!

Old 10-10-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Yes I do! Go through an IAB investigation! IAB hates their own! If they say he is cleared there is no evidence what so ever to implicate this cop! Go ahead believe a fregin perp over a 22 NYPD vet!!! FOOL!!!

Old 10-10-2014, 06:49 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

Do the world a favor and go play in traffic

Old 10-10-2014, 08:07 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
Let's Abolish The Police Department! We could lower our income taxes, property taxes and sales taxes!
Speak for yourself, they could abolish it in the neighborhoods that don't pay income tax. I'm glad to pay my fair share for the police.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:21 PM

As my old man says the people who pay the most receive nothing and the people that pay the least receive the most. Take the cops outta of the sh1tholes and watch what happens!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: