Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:19 PM

9,242 posts, read 24,012,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Another health care worker who cared for Duncan tested positive for Ebola.

Second Dallas health care worker with Ebola flew day before diagnosis | fox4kc.com

You guys who are singing that tune of it's not very communicable, might want to change the song.
Ya,who needs ISIS to spread the virus around ? We seem to be doing a very good job of our own with incompetence and stupidity.

She got on a plane from Dallas to Cleveland even though she was not supposed to go on any public transportation then she got on a plane from Cleveland back to Dallas with a temp of 99.9 because it was below the mysterious "threshold" of 100.4. Next morning she went over the 100.4 and reported herself. Meanwhile the plane went to Denver and back to Dallas and then back to Cleveland again before they found out she had been on the plane with a fever.Then the plane was disinfected… after another 300 or 400 people had been on it. Nice.

Also,heard from my niece who is a nurse and who has a friend who is a nurse in the hospital in Texas, that the reason why Mr Duncan was sent home the first time ,even though he had a fever and said he had been in Africa,was because he wasn't a citizen and had no insurance so they didn't want to admit him. Also nice,right?

Now the CDC is moving her to a hospital in Atlanta because they have no confidence in the hospital in Dallas.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:22 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,059,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Also,heard from my niece who is a nurse and who has a friend who is a nurse in the hospital in Texas, that the reason why Mr Duncan was sent home the first time ,even though he had a fever and said he had been in Africa,was because he wasn't a citizen and had no insurance so they didn't want to admit him. Also nice,right?
That seems very easy to believe.

And here he went to all this trouble to lie (about having had no contact with sick people) in order to get into this country, probably figuring if he were going to come down with Ebola that he'd be better off in a US hospital than one in his own country

Old 10-15-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
That seems very easy to believe.

And here he went to all this trouble to lie (about having had no contact with sick people) in order to get into this country, probably figuring if he were going to come down with Ebola that he'd be better off in a US hospital than one in his own country
I will never forget the time I broke my ankle in Italy and spent an afternoon in a hospital in Siena getting x rays,cast,etc and was astounded at the end when they told me there was no charge because I was a guest in their country and they assumed an Italian citizen would be afforded the same courtesy in the US.I was too embarrassed to tell them the truth.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:39 PM

250 posts, read 268,716 times
Quote:
With all of the Ebola stories in the news, I was wondering if anyone has thought about the possibility that ebola could be used as a biological weapon against the US? The perfect place to send an ISIS martyr would be NYC in that the infected terrorist could infect many NY'ers within a short period of time. I thought about this as I read a story about how ISIS is infiltrating N Africa.

Your hypothesis makes absolutely no sense. None at all. You can't bottle up Ebola and disperse it to the population like a can of Lysol. Once you have the vrius in your body, it takes 2 to 21 days for the virus to attack your immune system. There is no way a person with Ebola can move with ease when the virus is attacking your muscles . Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, and fever. That's just the first stage of the virus. After that, your internal organs start to bleed and it gets worse from there. Without immediate care, death is a inevitable. By the time your Ebola martyr reaches NYC, he'll be dead.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:49 PM

8,085 posts, read 6,708,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belltolls View Post
Your hypothesis makes absolutely no sense. None at all. You can't bottle up Ebola and disperse it to the population like a can of Lysol. Once you have the vrius in your body, it takes 2 to 21 days for the virus to attack your immune system. There is no way a person with Ebola can move with ease when the virus is attacking your muscles . Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, and fever. That's just the first stage of the virus. After that, your internal organs start to bleed and it gets worse from there. Without immediate care, death is a inevitable. By the time your Ebola martyr reaches NYC, he'll be dead.
WRONG!!! Go to, how long does Ebola live outside the body.

Q&As on Transmission | Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever | CDC

Old 10-15-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
WRONG!!! Go to, how long does Ebola live outside the body.

Q&As on Transmission | Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever | CDC
Obviously wrong because Mr.Duncan seems to have easily spread it to two people who were all geared up without even trying.Imagine if he had wanted to purposefully spread it to as many people as possible in the 3 or 4 days between the initial onset of symptoms and his hospitalization.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:55 PM

18,931 posts, read 13,814,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belltolls View Post
Hey we have the CDC chief posting with us!

Old 10-15-2014, 09:43 PM

8,085 posts, read 6,708,039 times
Quote:
Obviously wrong because Mr.Duncan seems to have easily spread it to two people who were all geared up without even trying.Imagine if he had wanted to purposefully spread it to as many people as possible in the 3 or 4 days between the initial onset of symptoms and his hospitalization.
RIGHT!!! He came here to get US standard health care, not to purposely spread the disease, yet he still infected 2 people, that we know of. Say he was a terrorist hell bent on spreading it in NYC. Taking the subway, bus, going to restaurants, ball games. NYC would be in lockdown right now.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:55 AM

25,364 posts, read 36,930,648 times
And STILL Obama hasn't fired Tom Frieden from a job that he is obviously completely incompetent to handle.

Yes, there is no need for terrorists to spread this disease...we will do it and indeed ARE doing it all by ourselves.

I wonder how many dozens of people will enter the United States from West Africa TODAY?

Old 10-16-2014, 01:00 PM

5,191 posts, read 4,644,271 times
Quote:
Actually the transmission method hasn't changed. Now the hospital is admitting the two nurses didn't even have proper protection for two days after he was admitted with symptoms. What the CDC said initially, that the nurses didn't follow protocol was factually accurate but insensitive. This incident is a wake up call that a lot of our hospitals and medical workers are woefully unprepared to deal with this illness. I think it was comforting to think this can only spread in Africa because obviously their medical facilities are inferior. However, here we have incompetence which is just as deadly when it comes to Ebola. The CDC should have said, if we all behaved liked well-informed rational people, this disease shouldn't spread. Obviously a lot of training has to happen now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City