Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 04:31 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
I must say I am surprised by the logical reasoning going on here since in earlier threads there was much more "lock yourself inside!!! The ebolapocalypse is coming!!!" from you two.

Anyway, it's unfortunate that he contracted ebola but I'm still not worried about it becoming any type of epidemic in the US.
Please quote exactly what I said instead of putting words in my mouth. I have been reading a fair amount about this issue and actually educating myself, so if I ever made one post anything along the lines of what you are accusing me of early on during my self-education (again, would be helpful if you quote it), then I must have made several more where I was talking about factual information I read in the NY Times, etc.

One point I have made and will continue to make, is that there are a fair number of "please calm down" articles that cite details about the disease and in the same publication, there are reports contradicting these details in the demonstration of what actions health officials are taking.

That is why people are confused. One such piece of information is that "ebola isn't airborne" (NY Times) yet another article in the Times the same day mentions the hospital spokesman in CT where the suspected patient was being kept is assuring everyone that the patient is being kept in a room where airborne particles can't escape.

There is another example I cited yesterday that is along the same lines. I never said I was a scientist. I do, however, know how to read and educate myself, which is what I am doing. I also know how to spot contradictions, and there are dozens of these in the media (reputable media). So don't be so quick to attack.

Last edited by Henna; 10-24-2014 at 05:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 06:27 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Default Cuomo and Christie Announce Mandatory Quarantine for Health Care Workers returning from West Africa

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/25/ny...g-spencer.html

So workers who come back from affected countries (Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone) will now have mandatory quarantines.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:39 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
So I guess they will just fly into another international airport and take a domestic flight to NYC. This quarantine is pointless, unless it's done at every US airport.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:40 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
good, its about time some one woke up!!

Obama is still sleeping behind the barn.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:50 PM

483 posts, read 854,386 times
Ok, so how is this going to work? Will they be making designated quarantined facilities or will the people be quarantined in their homes with their families, which would then expose the family members? Will they have cops standing outside of their apartment ensuring compliance? If they're taken into a designated facility, who is staffing them? Who will be volunteering for such a gig? Will everyone be kept separately because God forbid, you have it and I don't BUT I'm stuck in the same building. It's not as simple as mandating quarantines, there's so many things that has to be put in place.

What happens to the healthcare workers in NYC that are taking care of an Ebola patient, are they going to be forced to be quarantined too? Good luck getting staff to care for these patients if that's the case.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:00 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Finally someone has brains.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:37 PM

559 posts, read 1,111,726 times
I in in my car on the George Washington Bridge. I am fleeing NY right now. See you soon, in Rutherford NH.

[quote=Henna;37006755]Let's all panic!

Old 10-24-2014, 09:38 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,221 times
Never proactive, just reactive! The politicans remind me of a 3rd world nation.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:21 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
They all have succumb to media pressure and public outcry. It maybe the right thing to do in the shortrun but in the long run you can't close off those from Africa. What about those people who sneak through Europe.

We will see more Ebola cases, the question will be how they manage to get it.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:22 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
They all have succumb to media pressure and public outcry. It maybe the right thing to do in the shortrun but in the long run you can't close off those from Africa. What about those people who sneak through Europe.

We will see more Ebola cases, the question will be how they manage to get it.
Vaccine. Antiviral medications to cure it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City