Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 11:18 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,598,743 times

Advertisements

People have nothing to worry about, Dr. Ebola was only fevering/sweating on subway poles touched by hundreds of other people and then went bowling in sweaty rental shoes and rolled communal bowling balls over and over and over. What could go wrong?

Good night everyone, sleep tight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 11:19 PM

33,333 posts, read 46,766,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Not right now no but the problem is if this isn't nipped in the bud exponential growth gets ugly fast. It's not necessarily a bad idea to start getting in the habits of good hygiene (washing hands, not touching your face, etc.) and minimizing eating out sooner rather than later, even if plastic gloves are overkill at this stage.
Minimize eating out? Amazing how the media just turns people into sheep. Did eating out in West Africa lend a hand to the Ebola outbreak there? What, do you people just wait for the Internet and media to guide you through life or what?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-23-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Besides, all I have been doing is to raise awareness of ebola and take proper precautions to reduce one's risk of contracting it.
Oh, so you think if you send Africa some gloves it will help them??? Jesus Christ

Old 10-23-2014, 11:25 PM

18,827 posts, read 13,710,549 times
It's heeee-rrrreeeee.

I truly hope the naysayers are correct. Only an insane person wouldn't want to see Seventhfloor laughing at all of us a few months from now. The big problem is that the position of people like him seems to be increasingly unlikely to pan out. The only question remaining is "How bad will it get before it ends?"

Others are simply parrotting the progessive/Obama/liberal line of "nothing to see here, government will fix all." After all, those people exist solely to parrot the progressive/Obama/liberal line on all topics.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:26 PM

5,002 posts, read 4,883,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Oh, so you think if you send Africa some gloves it will help them??? Jesus Christ

7th, given more time, I will be able to figure out how ebola infects and kills ppl, but I am not sure I will ever be able to figure out why you are so insanely against ppl being cautions concerned by a deadly virus that we know so little about at the moment...

what is at work with you?

Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
7th, given more time, I will be able to figure out how ebola infects and kills ppl,
Go to Africa (the epicenter) and figure it out for us.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:40 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,977,622 times
Default Red Herring

There are many fatal viruses still slaughtering people by the thousands in the third world. Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria, et cetera. Other than the millions in the third world that die every year first worlders are infected by these diseases and they do occasionally bring them back to the first world. Why is Yellow Fever not a story? In fact I am once removed from someone that died from Yellow Fever last year. Where was that news story? Have you been to the third world? Ubiquitous viral threats like Yellow fever are major concern, Ebola not so much.

Ebola is a difficult disease to transmit and easily isolated. Yes, ebola it is awful for the unfortunate victim and likely fatal if acquired but Ebola is like chainsaw accidents. Very rare, likely fatal but Ebola like chainsaw accidents are easy to avoid. I assure you that more people die in North American chainsaw accidents than in ebola deaths. In fact more people have died this year in inflatable amusement recreation devices than will die from ebola. Nobody ever talks about chainsaw accidents or inflatable recreation device deaths.

Inflatable bouncy house horrors - statistically more dangerous than ebola. Ebola is a story that someone that controls the cultural choke points decided to make a top story. It is amazing how a non-issue like ebola can come to dominate the minds of so many with so many real pressing concerns in the world.

This story is fear mongering
Quote:
How relevent is your argument?
Just because there are other significant causes of death, we should give up defending ourselves from new health-threatening events? Please explain.

Last edited by samyn on the green; 10-23-2014 at 11:48 PM..

Old 10-23-2014, 11:52 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,163,888 times
well God bless the little hearts of those Americans and European's for going over to west Africa to help contain Ebola, it is commendable,...but I guess it is to be expected if they go there, to help, they will likely pick up the virus themselves, and transport it back to their home countries, so they should get tested prior to leaving Africa and prior to boarding any planes... imo.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:58 PM

499 posts, read 789,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
There are many fatal viruses still slaughtering people by the thousands in the third world. Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria, et cetera. Other than the millions in the third world that die every year first worlders are infected by these diseases and they do occasionally bring them back to the first world. Why is Yellow Fever not a story? In fact I am once removed from someone that died from Yellow Fever last year. Where was that news story? Have you been to the third world? Ubiquitous viral threats like Yellow fever are major concern, Ebola not so much.

Ebola is a difficult disease to transmit and easily isolated. Yes, ebola it is awful for the unfortunate victim and likely fatal if acquired but Ebola is like chainsaw accidents. Very rare, likely fatal but Ebola like chainsaw accidents are easy to avoid. I assure you that more people die in North American chainsaw accidents than in ebola deaths. In fact more people have died this year in inflatable amusement recreation devices than will die from ebola. Nobody ever talks about chainsaw accidents or inflatable recreation device deaths.

Inflatable bouncy house horrors - statistically more dangerous than ebola. Ebola is a story that someone that controls the cultural choke points decided to make a top story. It is amazing how a non-issue like ebola can come to dominate the minds of so many with so many real pressing concerns in the world.

This story is fear mongering

^Finally some logic. The lack of understanding and rational thinking shown here is more frightening than the virus itself.
If a disaster ever goes down here, I would want to be no where near any of you fear mongering idiots. More of you would die from the riots and chaos you'd incite. So keep watching the news and let it scare you senseless, they're loving the ratings.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:01 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,606,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It's heeee-rrrreeeee.

I truly hope the naysayers are correct. Only an insane person wouldn't want to see Seventhfloor laughing at all of us a few months from now. The big problem is that the position of people like him seems to be increasingly unlikely to pan out. The only question remaining is "How bad will it get before it ends?"

Others are simply parrotting the progessive/Obama/liberal line of "nothing to see here, government will fix all." After all, those people exist solely to parrot the progressive/Obama/liberal line on all topics.
Yes, you're all going to look very silly in a few months, but I don't think you'll learn anything from it.

The most important thing you could learn would be that the epidemiology of Ebola, like so many things in the world, has little or nothing to do with Obama or "progressives" or politics of any kind. Again, though, I know this won't sink in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City