Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:27 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times

Advertisements

Wearing gloves may prevent you from getting the disease but as we now know, it's taking it off improperly may get you the disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 10:27 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belltolls View Post
No one is taking about the airborne enterovirus which has killed more Americans than Ebola because that virus doesn't generate as much fear and hysteria like Ebola. The technical term for Ebola is Hemorrhagic Fever, but don't tell media that. MSM is a ratings driven industry. They are not here to inform, they are here to entertain and sell ads. Everything you can find on Ebola can be found on the CDC's website or on the WHO's website but people would rather listen to tv talking heads who are regurgitating myths on how Ebola is transmitted. I mean, the information is there at your fingertips.

If you think these doctors and officials are somehow lying to you then tell us what information do YOU (not you specifically) have that has been peer reviewed by medical scientists who've spent years studying the behavior of Ebola?
Hush. You're being rational and using logic, not fear, to make these comments.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:39 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Wearing gloves may prevent you from getting the disease but as we now know, it's taking it off improperly may get you the disease.

This. Very few people know how to correctly take off medical gloves.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:39 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Ebola certainly is a cause for concern. Though based on this 1 case here all we can do is keep up on the story, And follow the same precautions we should during the height of the flu season if not vaccinated; wash hands frequently, try to avoid people who appear sick etc if possible etc. What more can one do?

That doctor indeed messed up by going out when he was not feeling well, But that's over and done with. Hopefully it stays just an isolated case.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:44 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,514,459 times
Hang on, hang on.

Now, I've heard the side of the story from medical and scientific professionals. People who have dedicated their entire lives to studying how diseases spread and how to control them. People with PhDs and decades of real world experience behind them.

But first, I want to hear from some random people on the Internet who have been watching cable news all day.

You know, to get a well rounded debate.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:55 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
This. Very few people know how to correctly take off medical gloves.
This what I am thinking as well.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:59 AM

912 posts, read 1,132,100 times
You will not get Ebola on the subway. You need direct physical exposure to body fluids of someone showing systems of the virus. But please, go ahead and wear disposable gloves on the subway. It helps me identify the morons, that way I know who not to associate with.

Last edited by Astorian31; 10-24-2014 at 11:08 AM..

Old 10-24-2014, 11:07 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
This what I am thinking as well.

It's ironic bc I learned how to do it from a Red Cross babysitting class years and years ago and I never realized people didn't know.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:34 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Hang on, hang on.

Now, I've heard the side of the story from medical and scientific professionals. People who have dedicated their entire lives to studying how diseases spread and how to control them. People with PhDs and decades of real world experience behind them.

But first, I want to hear from some random people on the Internet who have been watching cable news all day.

You know, to get a well rounded debate.
Well, we all know that people on an anonymous Internet forum, who have zero formal education in medicine or science, know MORE than the professionals with years of schooling, practice, and research.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:36 AM

483 posts, read 854,327 times
What is it about having to come in contact with a SYMPTOMATIC patient's bodily fluids that people don't understand? The video that they keep showing of the 2 police offers wearing the mask and gloves (taking the gloves and mask off improperly, I might add) just to cordon off his apartment is just unnecessary and adds to the panicking. I know this is new to us here in the states but we have to listen to reason, to what makes sense. If you weren't touching this person's fluids then how are you going to get it? IF one (doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers) unfortunately catches this virus, there is a great chance of recovery as seen by the two nurses, the cameraman and the other people that are now Ebola free. Ebola does not have to equal a long agonizing death in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City