Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

lots of felons on CDF post their hatred of police.
nothing new there.
the unique part of CDF is even a dog can post their opinion and often do.
i assure you there are many that do not like mine.
sometimes by reading how far out the opinions are i think we are a bit crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 10:59 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
lots of felons on CDF post their hatred of police.
nothing new there.
the unique part of CDF is even a dog can post their opinion and often do.
i assure you there are many that do not like mine.
sometimes by reading how far out the opinions are i think we are a bit crazy.

So are you calling me a felon and a dog? As soon as anyone brings the spotlight on cops, there can be no debate. Truly sad...

Old 10-24-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
He also labeled pretty much every white cop as racist from their upbringing. He's an old fool, nothing more.

Gotta look at it from his perspective and the era he is from.....America passed The Civil Rights Act in 1964

Old 10-24-2014, 11:25 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I know the cops suck. Cops are pigs. Cops run around hunting men of color. 50 years from now all you cop haters will still say the same crap. All I know is that over the years I helped thousands of NY's over and over again. I am proud for what I did for the city and the people. I helped out every race. I didn't care who you were. You showed me respect and I respected you. I am no exception though. The men and women that I call my brothers and sisters did the same thing as me. I don't care what you cop haters tell me the corrupt heavy handed guys are the exception and not the rule. There is nothing I can say that will change the cop haters mind. There is also nothing that a cop hater could say that would change my mind!
I've met a lot of good cops but there are too many that are just ticket writers and will do anything to get a summon.

The worst part is that 1/2 the cop I speak to act like they're the boss and you have to listen to them when the reality is that cops are public servants they're suppose to serve the tax payers.

Cops gets the bad rep because they're like big bullys in high school because they have a badge and can arrest you for any reason just because they can.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:43 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Again cops suck,,,,until you need them. People can come in here ranting about how bad the cops are. In reality the NYPD is nowhere near as corrupt as it used to be. Actually I am all for the body cameras. I think it will reduce many CCRB's,,IAB complaints ect ect ect.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:02 AM

19,047 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Gotta look at it from his perspective and the era he is from.....America passed The Civil Rights Act in 1964
Yes, and as I said earlier, a lot of what he accepted as normal would be considered corrupt by today's standards. The modern lynch mob against the police goes far deeper than the obvious graft and bribery. Extremely trivial and seemingly nonsense "violations" such as accepting a single free cup of coffee can lead to being fired. Ask Serpico what his opinion on that is.

Policing is nowhere near as corrupt or violent as it was in his time, and for him to blindly parrot the anti-police line having lived on a farm upstate for the last 30 some-odd years, is nonsense. He knows nothing about modern policing. He knows that but is willing to lend his name and supposed credibility to that voice of the racial antagonists.

His opinion from 40 years ago is as entrenched in his brain as those bullet fragments. Serpico is no police expert. He is a racial apologist whose time has passed. He needs to realize that and fade away.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:13 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I know the cops suck. Cops are pigs. Cops run around hunting men of color. 50 years from now all you cop haters will still say the same crap. All I know is that over the years I helped thousands of NY's over and over again. I am proud for what I did for the city and the people. I helped out every race. I didn't care who you were. You showed me respect and I respected you. I am no exception though. The men and women that I call my brothers and sisters did the same thing as me. I don't care what you cop haters tell me the corrupt heavy handed guys are the exception and not the rule. There is nothing I can say that will change the cop haters mind. There is also nothing that a cop hater could say that would change my mind!
Thank you for your fine service to the city. Obviously the cop haters are criminals themselves who want to live out criminal lives, but when they get busted they play the race card.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:18 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Yes, and as I said earlier, a lot of what he accepted as normal would be considered corrupt by today's standards. The modern lynch mob against the police goes far deeper than the obvious graft and bribery. Extremely trivial and seemingly nonsense "violations" such as accepting a single free cup of coffee can lead to being fired. Ask Serpico what his opinion on that is.

Policing is nowhere near as corrupt or violent as it was in his time, and for him to blindly parrot the anti-police line having lived on a farm upstate for the last 30 some-odd years, is nonsense. He knows nothing about modern policing. He knows that but is willing to lend his name and supposed credibility to that voice of the racial antagonists.

His opinion from 40 years ago is as entrenched in his brain as those bullet fragments. Serpico is no police expert. He is a racial apologist whose time has passed. He needs to realize that and fade away.

Repped! It's an election year, so of course it's perfect time for some crappy media outlets to post click bates and portray all cops as hoodlums. Particularly when the NY Times, which bought the Boston Globe for one billion, just recently sold it for 70 million (a massive loss). But don't worry, this fad will burn itself out!

Old 10-25-2014, 11:52 AM

19,047 posts, read 13,964,273 times
^ Exactly. That is why media outlets are digging up old coots like Serpico.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Thank you for your fine service to the city. Obviously the cop haters are criminals themselves who want to live out criminal lives, but when they get busted they play the race card.

You're too narrow minded..if that's the only perspective you can gain from this all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City