Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 40,641 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I am currently struggling with the test for petsmart. To me the questions are very weird. The answers to all of them seem both correct and incorrect to me. This fourm isn't only just for me, but for other people who are willing to work at a petsmart, or maybe they have seen similar questions like these. So if you already have experience in answering these questions please help out. This will be a great help for many people indeed!!

Here are the following questions Petsmart Asks in their application.

1.) You have been working for several hours to carefully organize some supplies when you stop to take a break. When you come back you find that a co-worker has been carelessly searching through the supplies and messed up a lot of the work you did. Which of the following would you most likely do?
A.)Tell your co-worker that you are upset and ask that they do not mess up your work in the future.

B.)Take a few minutes to make sure you are calm, and then ask your co-worker what happened.

C.) Ignore it and start again, reminding yourself to leave a sign or a barrier next time you take a break.

D.) Tell your manager what the person did.

2.)Your last task of the day is to move some heavy supplies. You should use certain equipment to complete the task, but it is not immediately available. What would you most likely do?

A.) Attempt to move the supplies on your own and call for help if you need it.

B.) Stay after your shift to wait until the equipment is available and move the supplies.

C.) Leave the task for someone else to complete with the equipment.

D.)Ask a coworker to help you instead of waiting for the equipment.

3.)You are on your way to meet with your manager about changing your work schedule, when you see a spill on the floor. What would you most likely do?

a.)Stop and find a mop or rag to clean up the spill.

b.)Look around for a coworker and tell him or her that the spill needs to be cleaned up.

c.)Head to your meeting, assuming a coworker will see the spill and clean it up.

d.) Place a caution sign next to the spill and head to your meeting.

4.)The work schedule requires your work team to complete a large order before noon. The only way you can complete the order by that time is if you do not follow all the safety guidelines. What would you most likely do?
a.) Follow the safety guidelines that you can to still complete the order by noon.

b.)Start out following all of the safety guidelines and stop following them if you are running late with the order.

c.) Decide together as a work team which safety guidelines you will follow.

D.) Follow all of the safety guidelines and complete the order after noon.

5.)You overhear a group of your co-workers laughing at some crude jokes about a few customers. Which of the following would you most likely do?

A.)Join in and share some jokes of your own.

B.)Tell your co-workers that this could get them in trouble if someone else heard them.

C.)Tell your manager about this offensive behavior.

D.)Decide not to say anything this time, thinking you'll tell your manager if it happens again.

6.)You begin working on a task which normally takes you two hours to complete. Your manager has just informed you that the task needs to be completed in only one hour. What would you most likely do?

A.)Tell your manager that it is not possible to complete the task in only one hour.

B.)Explain to your manager why you think the task requires two hours.

C.)Ask your manager if you can have a coworker help you complete the task.

D.)Tell your manager that you will do the best you can to complete the task in one hour.

Also I would like for people who already got a job with them some interview tips. That would be amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 10:08 PM

279 posts, read 850,738 times
there are no right/wrong answers. this is just a stupid personalty test that almost all jobs want to push to new hires

Old 11-02-2014, 10:28 PM

2,733 posts, read 4,131,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahluafox3039 View Post
Hi everyone! I am currently struggling with the test for petsmart. To me the questions are very weird. The answers to all of them seem both correct and incorrect to me. This fourm isn't only just for me, but for other people who are willing to work at a petsmart, or maybe they have seen similar questions like these. So if you already have experience in answering these questions please help out. This will be a great help for many people indeed!!

1.) You have been working for several hours to carefully organize some supplies when you stop to take a break. When you come back you find that a co-worker has been carelessly searching through the supplies and messed up a lot of the work you did. Which of the following would you most likely do?
A.)Tell your co-worker that you are upset and ask that they do not mess up your work in the future.

B.)Take a few minutes to make sure you are calm, and then ask your co-worker what happened.

C.) Ignore it and start again, reminding yourself to leave a sign or a barrier next time you take a break.

2.)Your last task of the day is to move some heavy supplies. You should use certain equipment to complete the task, but it is not immediately available. What would you most likely do?

B.) Stay after your shift to wait until the equipment is available and move the supplies.

3.)You are on your way to meet with your manager about changing your work schedule, when you see a spill on the floor. What would you most likely do?

b.)Look around for a coworker and tell him or her that the spill needs to be cleaned up.

c.)Head to your meeting, assuming a coworker will see the spill and clean it up.

4.)The work schedule requires your work team to complete a large order before noon. The only way you can complete the order by that time is if you do not follow all the safety guidelines. What would you most likely do?
a.) Follow the safety guidelines that you can to still complete the order by noon.

b.)Start out following all of the safety guidelines and stop following them if you are running late with the order.

5.)You overhear a group of your co-workers laughing at some crude jokes about a few customers. Which of the following would you most likely do?

B.)Tell your co-workers that this could get them in trouble if someone else heard them.

D.)Decide not to say anything this time, thinking you'll tell your manager if it happens again.

6.)You begin working on a task which normally takes you two hours to complete. Your manager has just informed you that the task needs to be completed in only one hour. What would you most likely do?

A.)Tell your manager that it is not possible to complete the task in only one hour.

D.)Tell your manager that you will do the best you can to complete the task in one hour.

Also I would like for people who already got a job with them some interview tips. That would be amazing.
Ugh. Those stupid tests. Supposedly there are no right or wrong answers, but let's be honest, if they aren't answered the way they want, the application will be purged from the system, and a manager will never see it.

Interviews at PetSmart? I've never interviewed there, but I found this:

PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Interview: Questions & Tips Online

Just Google "Interview tips at Petsmart" and you'll get more.

This thread should probably be in the "Work and Employment" forum.

Last edited by NewJerseyMemories; 11-02-2014 at 11:09 PM..

Old 11-03-2014, 02:31 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,983,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahluafox3039 View Post

C.) Ignore it and start again, reminding yourself to leave a sign or a barrier next time you take a b
reak.

My answers are highlighted in blue.

These tests are looking for snitches, people willing to kiss ass and that you will FOLLOW ALL RULES AND PROCEDURES. No independent thinking.

As long as you realize this, then these tests should be easy to pass.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:09 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,869,022 times
I can't stand these questions. Since July I've been answering them pretty much every week. Petco has something like 12 pages worth of these questions. Best advice is to answer the ass kissing ones, even if you are against those answers.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:20 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,983,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I can't stand these questions. Since July I've been answering them pretty much every week. Petco has something like 12 pages worth of these questions. Best advice is to answer the ass kissing ones, even if you are against those answers.
Agreed.

The ones revolving around rules and procedures, especially with equipment needs to be answered in a way in which you will ALWAYS follow them due to liability issues. Most people would move heavy items with the help of another co-worker rather than wait on the proper equipment being available, but for legal and liability reasons you need to say that you WILL use the equipment or not do the job at all.

They want timid robots working for them.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:11 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,311,669 times
This is basically a personality test and they are tying to understand how you would act and react in certain situations. I've taken a couple of similar tests in my career. In my current role I had to take a Myrers Briggs test (albeit after I was hired) which is actually pretty interesting. They use these tests to understand how people will work together and/or independently but also to understand things like morals and values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City