Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 02:37 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Not all black:

1. First female ever from Iowa to serve in House or Senate (weird right?)

2. First black senator from former-Confederate state since Reconstruction.

3. First Hispanic Female from Northern Illinois to House.

On President: my racist, white, woman-hating, pig ass believes that the best candidate for president currently alive in this country is Condoleeza Rice. I bet she'd be one of the best presidents we've ever seen. Too bad she says it isn't in her plans every time she is asked.
More Non-White Voters for the GOP | National Review Online

The review said that Republicans have improve their relationship with non whites and that among all the among non white groups the percentage of people voting for Republicans is up (Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 03:17 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times
I believe it is because Obama has driven the Dems so far left that successful minorities are starting to say "hey, wait a minute here, what about us?" It's no longer as simple as "racism!" Everyone is tired of paying for other's mistakes and shortcomings.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:43 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,089 times
Quote:
My 4 deployments taught me that living in a crap-hole sucks, so I choose the new NY every day of the week.
I'm with you AB.

My parents grew up in Manhattan, my Mother was moved from the LEW to Jamaica Estates Queens, when she was about 10 or so and that area became a **** hole by the late 60's. When my Parenst married they fled those areas and moved to Staten Island because it was the safest part of the city than. I recall the ugliness of the late 1970's, 80's up until Rudy became Mayor. I will take this corporate, tourist utopia over the rotten apple any day.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:44 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,862,673 times
The bright side is a GOP majority will make it easier for Obama to implement trade measures like the Keystone pipeline, new free trade agreements and exporting crude oil (and perhaps even coal). It's a good thing that the GOP made trade measures their #1 priority after the elections instead of party ideology.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:09 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
The bright side is a GOP majority will make it easier for Obama to implement trade measures like the Keystone pipeline, new free trade agreements and exporting crude oil (and perhaps even coal). It's a good thing that the GOP made trade measures their #1 priority after the elections instead of party ideology.
Coal stocks are so cheap right now which makes this a good time to pick shares up in various companies.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:29 PM

446 posts, read 649,314 times
Quote:
I believe it is because Obama has driven the Dems so far left that successful minorities are starting to say "hey, wait a minute here, what about us?" It's no longer as simple as "racism!" Everyone is tired of paying for other's mistakes and shortcomings.
You know, I've only been lurking--and not posting--for over like two years by this point, but... just, wow. Obama is a "far leftist". Please name one--ONE!--thing he has done that qualifies as "far left". By WORLD standards, mind you, not by American standards. After all, "far left" loses its meaning in a country that's so hard-right that we have a fascist party and a fascist-lite party.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:47 PM

446 posts, read 649,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
Those rural folk seem to really enjoy getting involved in politics and creating tons of laws to control the personal lives of people, though.
Yup. They want to get all up in peoples' privates--literally. But don't expect the people who support them to recognize that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
That's just not true. This is fear mongering from the left. Obamacare will not be defunded, it will not be repealed, it's the law it's not going away. There will be changes to the law that will hopefully cut the watefull spending that pours billions of bottomless dollars away.

This country can't survive by pour billions of dollars down the welfare society hole. Companies need to be able to turn a profit and keep people working.
Please, do explain why you think the Almighty Dollar(TM) is more important than providing a safety net for sick people who would otherwise DIE for lack of health coverage. I'll wait.

Also, newsflash--the government is not a company, and public services are not meant to turn a profit. They're meant to be public services. Roads. Transit systems. Police. Fire departments. Street lights. The commons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Sore loser!
A country that is so dim as to vote for people who want people to starve and who think poor peoples' health plans should boil down to "don't get sick--and if you do get sick, die quickly!" might as well be Pakistan.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:53 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Quote:
I don't think Obama has driven Democrats to the far left. I think Obama and the Democrats has lost some appeal to Democrats who do not adhire to liberal white gentry post grad urban liberal that resides in big cities. Democrats can be easily be broken up into 3 or 4 parties such as the urban liberal, progressive types, traditional blue collar Democrats and religious Democrats. Democrats are not unified and what hurt Democrats more is the class warfare platform which is mainly within the Democratic party itself. Urban liberal who makes plenty of money while other Democrats make none to little. If the Democrats want to win 2016 they will need to spread the wealth around with its constituents and I don't meant tax write off donations. I think it's possible that plenty of minorities and blue collar whites are fed up with the democrats and voted for the gop instead. Last year nationwide progressives won elections nationwide against the economic income in equality of the gentry urban liberal. This is when I noticed the Democratic party is in huge trouble. With the Democratic party broken up its easy for blue collar types to hop over and vote Gop.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-07-2014 at 11:08 PM..

Old 11-07-2014, 10:55 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Serge View Post
You know, I've only been lurking--and not posting--for over like two years by this point, but... just, wow. Obama is a "far leftist". Please name one--ONE!--thing he has done that qualifies as "far left". By WORLD standards, mind you, not by American standards. After all, "far left" loses its meaning in a country that's so hard-right that we have a fascist party and a fascist-lite party.
Obama is a centrist and a wall Streeter and capitalist. He is no where near left. If anyone wants to visit a world that is controlled by the far left take a trip to places like Cuba, Guyana or Venezuela and see how the far left operates.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:43 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Serge View Post
Why would I be concerned with the views of the rest of the world? As for the rest of it, I read your next post so responding would be pointless. If you've been lurking here that long, you should know that I hate liberals and consider them terrorists (as they like to label people like me). I no longer debate people like you. I gave that up awhile ago.

FYI, you may have caught during your lurking that I am a reformed Obama voter. No more, never again. The Dems are deader to me than their idol, Josef Stalin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City