Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 06:37 PM

527 posts, read 707,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballervision View Post
Isn't the Mall at Short Hills where those thugs killed a guy in cold blood for his Range Rover last year?
Yes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 07:26 PM

566 posts, read 501,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Just stay away from King's Plaza.
And not because the stores are bad, but the area and the people are.
KP has so many fights inside and outside that no one cares any more. I used to go there when The Wiz was open, and the movie theater was open. But, both are closed, the food courts got worse too.

I'd go back just to eat last time at Sbarro's pizza as it's shutting down.
Although, KP does get some hot chicas from Africa and the Islands walking around in the Summer.

Oh, and there was a big nice mall on 34st. some 10 years ago, with a food court and toilets, but just stores now.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:25 PM

8,094 posts, read 6,717,343 times
Quote:
That place is my old stomping grounds.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:50 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,277,550 times
What about the Coliseum Mall?

Old 12-03-2014, 06:42 AM

298 posts, read 705,444 times
Quote:
If Obama had a son, he'd hang out at King's Plaza.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:10 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,089,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
That place is my old stomping grounds.
Mine as well when younger, And I worked there for over 8 years as an adult. Place used to get really nuts esp on the weekends. Lots of battle royals in the fast food places with chairs being thrown.

Good memories as a kid though hanging out in the video arcade and the merry go round. I even remember the big stone ashtrays around since people could smoke everywhere back then.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:41 AM

33,867 posts, read 47,070,732 times
Quote:
Man I havent been there in years.....it's the closest mall to my house, but if I had to go to a mall I would prefer Green Acres or Queens Center Mall over Kings Plaza. Any mall that need NYPD for security can't be good. I saw them chase and arrest a shoplifter in there one time. I'd even go to the Staten Island Mall over Kings Plaza. I'm not from Staten Island so going there for me can still feel brand new at times....we used to go to Staten Island Mall every year for Christmas shopping but that was before online shopping really took off.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-03-2014, 10:02 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,604,980 times
NYC malls pales in comparison to suburban malls. I avoided Queens center mall a lot because there are too many car thefts there in the past.

Kings Plaza mall is a joke, more like a bazaar.

Staten Island Mall is a getting close to being trashy like Kings Plaza.

If you want better mall experience you have to go to the suburbs.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:50 AM

18,953 posts, read 13,838,201 times
I live right by the mall, but I'm rarely there. I'm not big on "fashion" so that alone pretty much keeps me out of malls. When I am there, it is either for sneakers or Red Robin!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:40 PM

478 posts, read 770,570 times
I'm surprized nobody mentioned Newport Center, Jersey City, right by the Path and light rail. Used to travel there frequently when all I had was a Sears and JCPenny credit card (no Visa, etc.). Nice place, was going there since it opened, long before most of the office buildings there were built, and the path station was a real hole-in-the-ground. Great food court, with views of lower levels. Could just zone out there.

If you like vixens and MILF's with big hair, go to the Staten Island mall. Think of it as anthropology research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City