Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 03:09 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times

Advertisements

Some of those Asian "massage parlors" are actually sex slave victims. While I support legalized prostitution, I'm totally against forcing women into prostitution against their will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 05:12 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I've always wanted to go to a massage parlor but I'm always afraid the cops would run in lol. I'm not looking for "happy endings" but it's something I just wanted to scratch off the bucket list. Don't want to go to any high-end spa either, just want a regular massage one time.

so just go to one of the chain ones that advertise all over the place. A massage isn't all that expensive.

I would love one but I just don't like the idea of a stranger touching me. It grosses me out.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:14 PM

34,009 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
so just go to one of the chain ones that advertise all over the place. A massage isn't all that expensive.

I would love one but I just don't like the idea of a stranger touching me. It grosses me out.
Didn't even know there were chain massage places. Can you tell me the names of some? Thanks.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-23-2014, 05:42 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Quote:
Didn't even know there were chain massage places. Can you tell me the names of some? Thanks.
Massage Heights is what my parents swear by. I Googled it for NYC but they didn't have it. There is a "Massage Envy" spa in Brooklyn 1 block from the Borough Hall station, though.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:44 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
I know here in Florida, Massage Envy is a chain...but you can usually tell by location and overall look of the place..

Old 12-23-2014, 06:30 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Serious question.

Are the massage parlors in NYC really just fronts for sex trafficking? Or is this just a small minority of them? Has anyone ever been? They are largely run by the chinese right?

Are there legit massage parlors out there? Like what about Spas? There is a this big one in Queens called Castle spa or something. They offer massage. Do the legit massage parlors feel that this illegitimate places hurt their business?
I have. Some good ones too with optional extras and they are not the typical amp or rmp.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:44 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Massage Heights is what my parents swear by. I Googled it for NYC but they didn't have it. There is a "Massage Envy" spa in Brooklyn 1 block from the Borough Hall station, though.
That's a chain that's in NJ, too.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:23 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,251,947 times
The one massage I got at massage envy was overpriced and nothing more than the masseuse rubbing lotion and rearranging the blanket.

Here's a legitimate place for a massage in the city

Asia Tui-Na Wholeness - Flatiron - New York, NY | Yelp

No I have not been, but it seems very similar to a place in NJ that I've frequented. It's a little on the hard side compared to the kind of massages that you might get through an American chain, but it will really work out the knots. If you're ever up in NJ by the GW bridge I can recommend a place, cheap prices too.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:31 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Majority of massage parlors are legit businesses that are frequented by women and men. I was at one in Chinatown and I've seen more women there then men. I could see some men asking for shady service but not all of them. I was there and got my back massaged, nothing illegal about that.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:42 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Can't go wrong with "Massage Envy". Totally legit with over a 1,000 locations nationwide with three in NYC.

https://locations.massageenvy.com/se...NY,%20USA&l=en
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City