Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 12:43 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
If I was on the bridge at that time I very likely would have. But then again I have a life worth living whereas some of these protesters obviously do not, so I'd rather steer clear of violence at this point in my life. I'm a family man, at least one that tries hard to properly take care of my kids, so I'm done with trouble. I've learned my lesson on not talking back to cops. That's all one had to do. Its not about getting the last word in. Oh and do you really not know that you are the biggest internet warrior (whatever that stupid term is) on CD?
I have been to protests and disagreed with protesters in person.

So again, complaining about it here does no good. Take it straight to the source. I've seen people in the general public have discussions and disagreements with protesters, EVEN WOMEN! Including mothers. So no excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
You have right to assemble and speak. You don't have a right to disrupt. As soon as they say they're going to shut down the city, and attempt to do so by blatantly blocking traffic, and blocking private property (ie trying to take over Macy's, et al), they crossed the line.

If they want to rally, they can get a permit, and the city has to cooperate. If they want to show they can be disruptive (which was a CLEAR point of these marches), they need to be squashed.
Okay, that sounds a LOT better. Yes, you do have the right to assemble and speak. Yes, protesters can get a permit from the city (I'm told the Saturday event was permitted). And yes, protesters were arrested for blocking traffic on earlier events.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:40 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,317,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I have been to protests and disagreed with protesters in person.

So again, complaining about it here does no good. Take it straight to the source. I've seen people in the general public have discussions and disagreements with protesters, EVEN WOMEN! Including mothers. So no excuse.
Unfortunately I'm 110% employed at the moment. Nor do I really care that much. I don't really want to be responsible for breaking up the biggest party of the month, because really that is all it is (or at this point was). At the end of the day nobody really cares that these criminals are dead but the police. That's what makes their jobs easier. Two less criminals roaming the streets.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
4 different protests movements overall had little problems with the cops when they organized events (save the occasional out of control person getting arrested). So for future reference, no NYC mayor will be stopping any protest.
Know what even has less problems? How many criminals that end up dying during arrest. Statistically it happens less so than protests getting violent.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:25 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Bottom line its a black vs white issue. You can tell me all you want that its a police issue. That's utter nonsense though. 50 years from now nothing will change. With the exception that the NYPD will be 80% minority by then. Guess what? These things will still happen! Have your marches. Cops love the overtime and you will just get jerked off by the politicians!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Unfortunately I'm 110% employed at the moment. Nor do I really care that much. I don't really want to be responsible for breaking up the biggest party of the month, because really that is all it is (or at this point was). At the end of the day nobody really cares that these criminals are dead but the police. That's what makes their jobs easier. Two less criminals roaming the streets.
Excuses Mr. Internet warrior, excuses for your impotence.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Bottom line its a black vs white issue. You can tell me all you want that its a police issue. That's utter nonsense though. 50 years from now nothing will change. With the exception that the NYPD will be 80% minority by then. Guess what? These things will still happen! Have your marches. Cops love the overtime and you will just get jerked off by the politicians!
Are you going senile in old age?

Old 12-16-2014, 04:31 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Quote:
Are you going senile in old age?
Not senile at all. Everything I said is true. But keep believing your garbage in the fantasy world you live in!

Old 12-16-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Excuses Mr. Internet warrior, excuses for your impotence.
You mean my excuses for not protesting the protesters that are not protesting anymore? Forget about being an internet warrior, your a real internet clown. Sorry for having a different opinion on how to handle your criminal thug buddies.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:07 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,007,056 times
When is the march to protest black on black crime ? Or will that coincide with your march to protest the slaughter of 80+ children in Pakistan this morning by the Taliban...? Just wondering
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City