Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:45 AM

5,839 posts, read 3,256,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belltolls View Post
PBA is a politically motivated militant organization. It's not impartial, or fair in it's advocacy. He has no business putting forward this outlandish petition. They pulled a similar stunt when Dinkins created CCRB. They lost their s*** because of that which spurred that angry mob outside of City Hall in 1993. De Blasio can pay officers handsomely and still you will have Lynch in front of a podium upset that the mayor isn't "supportive" of the NYPD.

What Lynch wants is for the mayor to blow kisses and tell him how right they always are even when they are wrong at times. The police officers are losing that privilege and that is why he is coming out with these ridiculous statements. And those of you who agree with Lynch are apathetic to any nuance discussion surrounding you rights as a citizen and policing. I'd be sympathetic to the PBA if they were upset about something like no retroactive pay or healthcare costs but it's not. It's all politics.
Ok lets break your statement down. The PBA is not impartial. They are not there to be advocates of the general public. The PBA is there to defend its cops. It was not a chokehold and the PBA has a duty to defend its member. It is not an outlandish petition. If I was still on the job would I want that cop hater DeBlasio coming to my funeral? NO! DeBlasio is anti cop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 08:50 AM

384 posts, read 510,173 times
Maybe they're just worried that DeBlasio would show up late.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:10 AM

4,454 posts, read 4,586,383 times
Re: the NYC Mayor ...

Kind of a rookie in handling the 'hot' issue of the moment. Being in such a position he is undoubtedly an opinion maker amng the public. As I see it his job along those lines is to take a position which is sensitive to both sides of the issues. However the polls don't show it and there's certainly a racial divide. Just don't think he's skillful in his job. I guess he's a politician.
Hard to be a statesman on the big issues.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:45 PM

250 posts, read 268,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Ok lets break your statement down. The PBA is not impartial. They are not there to be advocates of the general public. The PBA is there to defend its cops. It was not a chokehold and the PBA has a duty to defend its member. It is not an outlandish petition. If I was still on the job would I want that cop hater DeBlasio coming to my funeral? NO! DeBlasio is anti cop!
Whatever. If Mulgrew defended a pedophile teacher the way Lynch defends Panteleo, you and everyone else would be outraged. You can call Pat Lynch a good guy. He might be a good guy. I don't know nor do I care but he is an idiot, a shortsighted individual who is out of touch with what's going on. He attacks the mayor while fighting for a better contract deal with a pay raises. He goes on and on about respect but fails to understand that respect is a two way street. Police officers are suppose to extend that respect to the average citizen. It's called professionalism. He needs to wake up!

He could have joined the mayor and said "I would like to work with the city to improve relations between police officers and the citizens of New York City." That would be refreshing and it would boost the image of the PBA and the NYPD. Why can people like him show some humility? Why do some of these police officers have to behave in a disrespectful manner towards citizens? It's no coincedence that he attacks the mayor while ignoring the protests. He knows he is DONE for if he turns his sights against the protesters. This mentality has to end. This "us vs them" crap serves in no one's best interest and it's a shame how people don't see that.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:37 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,535,118 times
Is this the same PBA that was against the formation of a NYPD inspector general?

Old 12-14-2014, 02:51 PM

5,839 posts, read 3,256,895 times
Quote:
Whatever. If Mulgrew defended a pedophile teacher the way Lynch defends Panteleo, you and everyone else would be outraged. You can call Pat Lynch a good guy. He might be a good guy. I don't know nor do I care but he is an idiot, a shortsighted individual who is out of touch with what's going on. He attacks the mayor while fighting for a better contract deal with a pay raises. He goes on and on about respect but fails to understand that respect is a two way street. Police officers are suppose to extend that respect to the average citizen. It's called professionalism. He needs to wake up!

He could have joined the mayor and said "I would like to work with the city to improve relations between police officers and the citizens of New York City." That would be refreshing and it would boost the image of the PBA and the NYPD. Why can people like him show some humility? Why do some of these police officers have to behave in a disrespectful manner towards citizens? It's no coincedence that he attacks the mayor while ignoring the protests. He knows he is DONE for if he turns his sights against the protesters. This mentality has to end. This "us vs them" crap serves in no one's best interest and it's a shame how people don't see that.
Pantaleo did his job so he should be defended! You can say he is an idiot all you like. However I can assure you he isn't lol. Also if you know PBA politics is that Lynch gets blasted by the membership for not being aggressive enough! Talk about professionalism look at our dirtbag mayor how he slanders cops! Lynch is doing his job weather you like it or not!!

Old 12-14-2014, 04:35 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,218,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You'd be hard pressed to find a cop (especially one with kids) who is complaining about the protestors. This Christmas, NYPD households are going to be the happiest they have ever been! I know cops who are praying the protests continue well into next year!
Didn't OWS mean "Overtime We Support"?
Quote:
If Mulgrew defended a pedophile teacher
When does the UFT not defend every teacher?

Old 12-14-2014, 05:25 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,673,202 times
Quote:

Guess you have missed all the articles on Teacher tenure and the famous "Rubber Room". Eric Linsker Charged With Assaulting 2 Cops During NYC Protest « CBS New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City