Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 04:43 PM

898 posts, read 1,219,615 times

Advertisements

apparently it is now cool to live in (and gentrify) the "cool" areas of brooklyn like east new york, brownsville, etc. it is also apparently cool to deal with this on a nightly basis:

Man shot dead in Brooklyn, 2 women injured in hail of gunfire - NY Daily News

it's incredible how brokers will lead naive out of towner kids to live in these neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 05:36 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
I work with a girl who is from and lives in ENY, she assures me that there is nothing cool about it and NO ONE is moving in. She laughed at that article that said it was up and coming, because she has no idea why anyone would ever want to live there.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:46 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,451,621 times
Hmmmmm. . . something doesn't add up. Let's look at the article:

Quote:
One witness, who did not want to be identified, said the 25-year-old victim was sitting on a bench in front of the Hylan Houses when the shooter walked up to him and started firing.
Quote:
"The guy just came up and just shot him sitting on the bench,"
Quote:
"He was on a mission. . .
Quote:
"Must be some pre-existing beef 'cause he didn't say nothing; just walked up and shot him."
So while your title is definitely misleading let's not leave out facts/witness statements like these. The likelihood of someone from out of state/new residents/tourist etc. getting shot dead in the head is slim to none. People (for the most part) kill people who they have some sort of history with, for better or worse.

The shooter knew where the victim was/would be. We don't know why this happened but to act like this happens on a nightly basis with RANDOM people (meaning this could've been anyone) is truly false.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:58 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,619,303 times
That address is the projects.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:12 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,320,015 times
Third media reported shooting this week in a nabe that according to Jeremiah's Vanishing New York is going through a "hyper-gentrification" process. No doubt Bushwick has come along way, but it still has a ways to go. Not the one year period that he claims is all it takes these days.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:14 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
That address is the projects.
/thread

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-10-2014, 07:31 PM

287 posts, read 593,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
/thread

What a surprise. King SeventhFloor closes any thread he disagrees with.

You should not be a mod, my man

Old 08-10-2014, 07:41 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,451,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
What a surprise. King SeventhFloor closes any thread he disagrees with.

You should not be a mod, my man
Lol but it's not closed.

Furthermore "/thread" just means no one else need to reply because that post sums up the discussion. Are you new to the internet? lol, jk (just kidding) .

Old 08-10-2014, 08:43 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,776,377 times
I grew up not to far from there (6 min walk) and my mom still lives in the area that place is far from hood especially over the past 10yrs or so. If you only google the addy and say the map/projects please dont even offer your input.

Take the L train t montrose and see for yourself. Back in 2003/2004 we use to call mckibbin st (1 block away from this shooting) the white block cause of all the white people that would make a Left turn from bushwick ave after coming out the subway to the mckibbin lofts.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:19 PM

898 posts, read 1,219,615 times
my point was that there are random shootings and gunshots at random hours (putnam avenue). i have NEVER had a random shooting once living in midwood since august 1987. i have never heard a gunshot here, never saw a man get shot on the streets. from what i know, these areas of east new york, you hear gunshots at all hours of the day. THAT is what the broker won't tell you and THAT DOES affect you directly because you are in the midst of it. doesn't matter if you didn't get shot. you hear bullets flying and realize someone just got shot nearby. i am sure there's open drug dealing going on down there too. if these things are the case, how is this area a hot place to live? the propaganda is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City