Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 12:33 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,076,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I watched De Blasio's eulogy online and noticed the network didn't show the police or the crowd reaction.

De Blasio did not stay for the removal of the casket from the church to the hearse, unlike Cuomo and Biden.

How will the mayor deal with this situation he created?
I was unaware DeBlasio shot and killed two cops.
I was also unaware how 25,000 people openly showing disrespect at someone else's funeral isn't creating an equal situation.

There's civil unrest about these situations for many reasons.
Where is the NYPD's statement about Daniel Pantaleo? This officer I'm certain had no intention of killing that man, but he did- in the line of his work, possibly using very questionable judgment... and the thing got caught on tape.

If NYPD learned nothing from the LAPD incident years ago that led to riots and countless deaths- sometimes action needs to be chalked up really quickly when '****e hits the fan'. Many agencies and businesses call this Damage Control, and whether completely just or not- it's necessary to prevent this burning wildfire going on right now.

NYPD should have dismissed Pantaleo, and will be paying out MILLIONS in lawsuits to the family since his death was ruled a homocide to a nonviolent crime.

Knowing DeBlasio's standpoint- I can see why he took the very minor stance that he did. He's also not pleased in the fact to see that an absurd number of police officers believe their union has the right to go about policing as they like, rather than they are paid by the public to do.

The prolific panopticon of camera phones in the streets and the classrooms means far less protection for teachers and police officers than the unions previously could protect. I do believe in the unions and their right to solidarity and arbitration- but they have to be sensible in this day and age and lob off members who don't utilize pinpoint judgment in every situation- just as the rest of the private sector world must.

Hot potato is part of the reality of 2014.
Does anyone truly think Bloomberg would have been more apologetic? This is a PR nightmare no matter who you are.

I feel terribly sorry for the slain cops who were completely innocent and uninvolved in the whole thing.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:42 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Leadership, words and deeds, matters, WithDisp.

Nothing more I can say.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:46 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Big mistake on the part of the union. I was pretty much on their side in this fiasco but I think it's despicable that they chose to hijack the funeral and turn it into a demonstration.They should have saved their demonstrating for a later date and a different place.

I feel sorry for the family that they will have to remember this for the rest of their lives whether they want to or not.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:53 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
They made their statement. Now what happens next. Let's see.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-27-2014, 12:56 PM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culdesac25 View Post
They were ordered to do so from union reps and their chain of command. Not all or them feel 'betrayed" by the mayor, but they were made to do so or face the repercussions.

This is just another effort to disparage his reputation, but that is the easy thing to do since people are so easily manipulated.
The union had absolutely nothing to do with this. As a matter of fact, from my vantage point, it seemed to start with a contingent of what looked to be NJSP. The NYPD side of the procession was actually the last to catch on. I whispered to someone next to me, "Is this what I think it is?"

Old 12-27-2014, 01:08 PM

916 posts, read 2,246,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Big mistake on the part of the union. I was pretty much on their side in this fiasco but I think it's despicable that they chose to hijack the funeral and turn it into a demonstration.They should have saved their demonstrating for a later date and a different place.

I feel sorry for the family that they will have to remember this for the rest of their lives whether they want to or not.
Agree, I understand when they did it in the hospital the night the two officers were assassinated. But
today is not the right time or place to pull such a stunt no matter how much you dislike the Mayor.

Do what ever you want to do at later time to show your contempt for DeBlasio, but not during the funeral
today. It's disrespectful to your fallen brothers and their family. I'm kind of depressed how childish both
sides acted.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:10 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I was there, and participated proudly!
Welcome to Glendale/Ridgewood, ABG.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:12 PM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Welcome to Glendale/Ridgewood, ABG.
First time in that area besides driving through. Wish I could have stayed for a few beers but I need to head to bed.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:16 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I disagree, jaydata.

Do the police have less of a right than the people who were allowed to shout and advocate "What do we want? Dead cops"? Despicable behavior.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:22 PM

557 posts, read 737,083 times
Great job guys, it wasn't only NYPD cops it was cops from all over the country , I applaud them . Deblasio is a communist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City