Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:18 AM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times

Advertisements

All my neighbors are nice, except the next door woman. She's reported me for noise nuissance because my daughter had a playdate at 7 pm!!

Yet, Saturday she has her boyfriend come over, and their humping is louder than Fire trucks. But like clockwork, at 12 at midnight they always have a bad fight -- screaming and yelling, and throwing things. Sometimes, it sounds like wrestling too. He leaves and slams her door. The whole Building shakes. It rarily fails.

She has a large dog too, which she calls "the beast." This dog is uncontrollable and happy to jump on you. I almost called animal control on her too. She's been in the Building before me, and I have discussed the matter with Management, and noise meters is the next thing left to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 10:20 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
All my neighbors are nice, except the next door woman. She's reported me for noise nuissance because my daughter had a playdate at 7 pm!!

Yet, Saturday she has her boyfriend come over, and their humping is louder than Fire trucks. But like clockwork, at 12 at midnight they always have a bad fight -- screaming and yelling, and throwing things. Sometimes, it sounds like wrestling too. He leaves and slams her door. The whole Building shakes. It rarily fails.

She has a large dog too, which she calls "the beast." This dog is uncontrollable and happy to jump on you. I almost called animal control on her too. She's been in the Building before me, and I have discussed the matter with Management, and noise meters is the next thing left to do.
You should record them if it's that loud and play it back for her. Maybe she'll get embarrassed and tone the love-making down a bit for you.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-04-2015, 10:21 AM

913 posts, read 2,273,022 times
@JayData - let me enlighten you. I know when you are at Duane Reade from 12pm to 2pm in Midtown Manhattan and can see the people online all dressed in business attire. It's safe to say the world is made up of 2 people: The HAVES and Have NOTS. You think the customer that just got rung up by a DR cashier doesn't think in his head after he leaves: My cashier is really beneath me. I hope he/she aspires to do more and make more past the age of 30.

Come on??!!! Let's keep it real shall we.

I have these conversations all the time with coworkers. I'm not rich and I'm not any better saying I'm on my high horse because at work, people that make a certain amount of money only talk to people who make a certain amount of money. It is not tattooed on anyone's forehead, but people know when they see a person's job title. Honestly, at work, people that drive a Ford only associate and go to lunch with other people that drive a Ford. People that drive a BMW only go to lunch with people who drive a Mercedez. It's the way of life and it's common sense. Anyone can see this including Stevie Wonder.

For the most part, I like interacting with my new neighbors versus my old neighbors. Everyone seems cordial and professional and they must if their rent is $1,400.00 a month and they're single. People that have that kind of rent to pay as a single are all professional and we'll mannered...for the most part.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:32 AM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You should record them if it's that loud and play it back for her. Maybe she'll get embarrassed and tone the love-making down a bit for you.
This is not a kind of neighbor I can have coffee with.

I did threaten her with calling the police and a Mental Institution a few years back. I was pissed because when I rented my apartment, my renter called me in the first week to tell me she had already gotten on his grille.

I had to come in and straighten her out. I plan to move to a different apartment soon, and I think my threats should suffice. Although I woundn't hesitate to go ahead and really cause her problems.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:35 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
This is not a kind of neighbor I can have coffee with.

I did threaten her with calling the police and a Mental Institution a few years back. I was pissed because when I rented my apartment, my renter called me in the first week to tell me she had already gotten on his grille.

I had to come in and straighten her out. I plan to move to a different apartment soon, and I think my threats should suffice. Although I woundn't hesitate to go ahead and really cause her problems.
That sucks.....best of luck.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-05-2015, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 20,186 times
how are you in NYC rest? birthday, Christmas? neighbors invite?

Old 01-06-2015, 10:41 PM

478 posts, read 774,067 times
He'y Q41, you actually live with people who make less than 75k? What, do you live on the "wild side?"

...and the colored girls say, "doot do doo, do do, do do.."

Old 01-07-2015, 06:01 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,774,713 times
Building wife and i live in for the past 4yrs has 6 total apts, we all say hi to each other but dont hang, or even know most peoples names lol. The couple that lives directly across from us however we hold each others deliveries if one of us is not home/sign for stuff.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:18 PM

913 posts, read 2,273,022 times
@MisterStereoMan - Yeah, i do live with neighbors who make under 75K. The lowest in the building is 45K because that was the minimum requirement to even qualify for the apartment. The person could make more than 45K, but that was the minimum range. So far everyone is nice except for the people who told me they smoke weed.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:01 PM

478 posts, read 774,067 times
But don't you enjoy a little diversity? Perhaps someone earning less than you is an aspiring actor, a writer, a painter, a protester, someone with a disability, one that could happen to anyone even you or me, perhaps an immigrant who is hard-working and may one day make 10 times what you do. Why must everyone be so shiny and polished? And if someone were to lose their 75k job and go on unemployment, are they suddenly the unwanted and unwashed in your eyes?
p.s.I wouldn't qualify for your place by a long shot -- I consider myself lucky.

Last edited by MisterStereoman; 01-07-2015 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: