Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 03:20 PM

4 posts, read 9,684 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
since i am a child i am so fascinated from New York, gosh my dream is to live and work there since i can think off...
And like dream can come true, mine will come true probably soon...

Anyways i need to get myself prepared. I have a little one 3years old and i am getting ready to finish my Associates Degree Nursing, Registered Nurse.

My questions, where is a good place to live around new york, is it with kids better outside New York? What about private schools? Very expensive?

Does anyone know how the job opportunities are as an Registered Nurse?
I am a single mom, so there would be just one budget , is therefore living in New York or arround, possible for me??And if yes, does anybody has some suggestions?

Every help is highly appreciated, maybe there a couple single Parent New Yorkers out there who wouldn't mind answering more questions of mine.

Thanks again
feelingshow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 05:55 PM

5 posts, read 12,061 times
Hey Feelingshow!

From what I can tell, it seems your probably visualizing the Manhatten area of NYC. In New York Im definitly 100% sure that your definitly not going to find a problem finding a job as a R. Nurse. But Manhatten is EXTREMELY high priced if your going to rent an apartment depending on the neighborhood. I`m suggesting that a great place for you would probably an area in Brooklyn or even Staten Island, there great places to raise your son, and are right by Manhatten.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:48 PM

Hello RMF0120,
thank you so much for your suggesting.
I will definitly keep that in mind.
thanks again and have a merry xmas .

Old 12-09-2007, 01:54 PM

8 posts, read 22,590 times
Hi, I am new at City Data Forum, and read your question. I guess you are a U.S citizen even though you don't live in NY.

How can anyone afford to live in New York anyway?

I guess the jobs in NY aren't paying that much, and for foreigners with a Masters Degree in International Relations and some few years with workexperience from projects and administration,like myself, are there any possibilities for someone like people in my position? I guess I just have to find out :-)

Old 12-09-2007, 07:16 PM

957 posts, read 3,346,500 times
Umm, sorry, but your post is confusing. You say since you are a child, but then you go on to say you have a little one 3yrears old...Are you a teenager looking to move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelingshow View Post
Hello everyone,
since i am a child i am so fascinated from New York, gosh my dream is to live and work there since i can think off...
And like dream can come true, mine will come true probably soon...

Anyways i need to get myself prepared. I have a little one 3years old and i am getting ready to finish my Associates Degree Nursing, Registered Nurse.

My questions, where is a good place to live around new york, is it with kids better outside New York? What about private schools? Very expensive?

Does anyone know how the job opportunities are as an Registered Nurse?
I am a single mom, so there would be just one budget , is therefore living in New York or arround, possible for me??And if yes, does anybody has some suggestions?

Every help is highly appreciated, maybe there a couple single Parent New Yorkers out there who wouldn't mind answering more questions of mine.

Thanks again
feelingshow

Old 12-09-2007, 08:45 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,059,538 times
It's a grammar issue, not an age issue.
Instead of saying "since i am a child i am so fascinated from New York"
it should say, "Since I was a child, I have been so fascinated with. . . " or "Since early childhood I have been so fascinated with. . . "

Old 12-24-2007, 03:56 AM

Well, thank you so much for your posts.
I am very dissapointed instead of giving me helpful answers there are rude comments
I guess that was the last time that i assume people help each other.....
Thank you very much for pointing my mistakes out!!
Happy holidays and a happy new year!

Old 12-24-2007, 09:16 AM

119 posts, read 715,744 times
i don't see any rude comments. i was genuinely confused as well when i read that line.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:23 AM

I got it now, thank you!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,989,422 times
Feelingshow...you should look into Bed-Stuy or East New York...those will be the best neighborhoods for you and your 3 year old. I recommend renting the apt sight unseen and making sure you give first, last, the brokers fee, and 3 months security just to be sure you have secured the apt online.

Good luck...we look forward to having you in NY! =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: