Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 02:58 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times

Advertisements

And who is the ME ME ME ME guy but the guy who would trash the Constitution so he can get to work on time?

It's the same guy who went to work while people were being hauled off to concentration camps and complained he had to wait while a slow long railroad car filled with people hindered his quick drive to the office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 03:07 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Demonstrations are of limited utility. Yes, we have freedom of assembly and at times it is good for people to come out in a numbers.

However, 30 lunatics always screaming about this thing or that thing gets old real fast. Professional protesters who protest anything and everything run the risk of making fools of themselves. Sadly, many cannot even process this due to mental illness.

Many of these people are people who cannot work because they are mentally unfit. If they got the medication they needed perhaps they could be productive.

I found many of them who complained about everything could be stopped by one simple sentence. What do you want done about this? This actually stumps a lot of protesters (not all, some of them can articulate things).

Old 01-09-2015, 03:10 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
I am sure everyone knows there's an issue between certain communities and the police. I just don't think the issue can be resolved in Grand Central Station. The larger protests did bring attention to this issue, but now it's up to politicians, community leaders, lawyers, police union leaders, etc to do the rest.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:11 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
And who is the ME ME ME ME guy but the guy who would trash the Constitution so he can get to work on time?

It's the same guy who went to work while people were being hauled off to concentration camps and complained he had to wait while a slow long railroad car filled with people hindered his quick drive to the office.
I must have missed the day the Nazis hauled off people to concentration camps in the United States. Dude get a clue. Seriously, your embarrassing yourself.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:12 AM

575 posts, read 672,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This wasn't necessary and it won't be enforced. After all, disorderly conduct laws already make these Grand Central (and elsewhere) die-ins illegal. Yet, de Blasio has decided not to enforce the law.
Not enforce the law? Sounds like La Casa Blanca.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:19 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
I must have missed the day the Nazis hauled off people to concentration camps in the United States. Dude get a clue. Seriously, your embarrassing yourself.
Apparently you miss a LOT.
Is anything more boring and tedious than the "It can't happen here" crowd.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:24 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Don't make it illegal to do a die-in. Just make it legal to trample anyone who does.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:15 AM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Apparently you miss a LOT.
Is anything more boring and tedious than the "It can't happen here" crowd.
Not that scenario.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:19 AM

116 posts, read 220,987 times
I think those "die-in", gatherings are stupid. Wouldnt be surprised if some of those "protesters" were shills.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:01 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
However, 30 lunatics always screaming about this thing or that thing gets old real fast. Professional protesters who protest anything and everything run the risk of making fools of themselves. Sadly, many cannot even process this due to mental illness.
In the news, you only hear about the crazy ones. Most are not like the ones you labeled when I visited Grand Central. They are well hygiene people of all ethnicity. For the most part they conserved their energy for screaming when the TV cameras were on (I assumed most of the video cameras came from their own group who wanted to document it as propaganda). While they were not filming, the protesters held signs as a way to protest silently.

Grand Central still allows homeless people to use their bathrooms as their personal cleaning and grooming area. I don't think they are being unreasonable for asking protesters to take their movement somewhere else and not to cause a major disturbance to employees, customers, and tourist who visit grand central.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: