Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 01:26 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,426,022 times

Advertisements

Too many to name but one stood out. Muhammad Ali. I was 13 years old walking by a hotel and happen to see him in the lobby. I went right up to him and shook his hand.

One time in LA I met George Burns in a hotel lobby. I was only 9 years old then and imagine when I told my school buddies that I met GOD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 09:28 AM

401 posts, read 551,730 times
No one really. But I've known people who said they saw Jude Law quite often in Greenwich Village about 5-6 years ago when they lived there.

Athlete wise, my friends have met a few Knicks players. Cousin has met Patrick Ewing and had a 3-4 minute conversation with him. Besides that, it's not uncommon to see celebrities walking around once in awhile. Near some dorms of NYU, I have heard it isn't uncommon to see a famous celebrity walking. It really depends where you are in the city I would say. If you are in a very wealthy affluent area, you are probably more likely to run into someone.

I have never lived in the heart of Manhattan so I can't really say. But almost every NYU student I knew well have met famous people. Heck, Adam Sandler plays ball at the NYU gym sometimes.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:30 AM

30,627 posts, read 18,203,012 times
We ran into Lauryn Hill in Brooklyn (Boys and Girls HS grounds) right after her "Miseducation" dropped in 1998.

Then there are the multiple politicians when touring D.C. (Ted Cruz and Mike Lee, among a few others).

Old 01-11-2015, 09:38 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
I walked into Richard Widmark.. in the eastend of Glasgow , who was walking round the area where his grandparents had come from it seems...He was alone. no car wearing a shortie light coloured raincoat, I couldnt believe what I was seeing on my way to school that day and no one believed me...

Old 01-11-2015, 11:35 AM

237 posts, read 329,844 times
I'm an actor, and I've worked directly with some celebs, but I'll exclude those people.

Years ago, saw Iman on 7th ave/49th.

Matt Dillon at a bar called Lucky Strike in the village(I was told he was one of the owners).

When I lived on 72nd/bway, Sean Astin took a **** outside my window.

Sting in Central Park.

In L.A, Denzel at a starbucks in the valley.

Liz Hurley at the Ivey.

I was at a bar called Piano bar in Hollywood a couple years back. Jeremy Renner was eyeing me up like I was a piece of tri-tip(I'm straight, apparently he isn't).

Actually, in L.A., I've seen too many to list them all. they're all over the place.

Only tourists give a ****.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:16 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,736,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Hillary and Bill Clinton.I waved,they both waved back.
I encountered them a few years back at the Stage Deli.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:18 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,736,872 times
Abba Eban at a camera store in midtown.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:12 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,036,696 times
George Segal was sitting a few tables away from me at brunch.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:55 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,763,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Stephen Baldwin (who was amused I didn't recognize him) at Starbucks
the late Princess Diana (outside Christie's Auction House when she was auctioning her dresses)
the late Gerald Ford (he was in the crowd at a B'way show)
Bill O'Reilly (near Rockefeller Ctr, he had this intense crazy look, he scared me!)
Donald Trump (outside Trump Tower, prancing around as if he owned Manhattan)
Michelle Pfeiffer (Soho, I didn't recognize her but my friend did and even said hello)
John Williams and Steven Speilberg (Tanglewood)
Lyle Lovett (outside the Sheraton at 53rd & 7th Avenue)
Forgot to mention Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones entering a restaurant my friends and I were dining at during the San Gennaro Festival. All I recall was how dark and shiny her hair was and how big her diamond ring was as she was brushing the back of Michael Douglas' head from time to time as they were chatting with the restaurant owner. They had a row of body guards surrounding their table as news spread quickly throughout the small restaurant that they were there.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:09 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,217,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynTurk View Post
Just like the title states.. who was the most famous person you've ever ran into? musician? actor/actress? t.v personality? athlete? Introduced yourself? acknowledged them? took a photo?

The crazy thing is since this is NYC god knows how many famous people you've probably walked passed and didn't think twice.
Saw Danny Aielo once in midtown, in the street

Rode the M10 Bus with the guy from the "Odd Couple" he had on thick reading glasses (the one who played the neat freak as Felix Unger).

Rode the elevator with Al Roker @ my work

met Mariel Hemingway and shook her hand @ my work (not on the street)

met Jamie Lee Curtis @ my work (not on the street)

Met Kareem Abdul Jabar and got a crook in my neck talking to him (extremely tall). My non profit was working with him at the time, so it was not on the street
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City