Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 11:42 AM

19 posts, read 30,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Who's ready for a 2 foot bli$$ard?
I am no fan at all

Old 01-25-2015, 02:37 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanslim View Post
I am no fan at all

You chose the wrong job bro. LOL Who is ready for a possible 3 FEET OF SNOW now? We'll get a day off in April probably.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:08 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,968,478 times
I seen all the 2014 hires complaining over the past week, they have no ifeaaaaa what's coming lol let's get it boys!

Old 01-25-2015, 05:15 PM

186 posts, read 308,017 times
I have been complaining that we have had no ot. Be careful what you ask for. Lol. Bring it on i say!!!

Old 01-25-2015, 07:11 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,392,384 times
Yup our next day off is going to be April. Say bye bye to your families, you'll see them in 3 months lol

Old 01-25-2015, 08:17 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,377 times
Couple of questions for you Sanmen.

When you first started was it hard adjusting to the job & the hours? Also, Does it seem like you get used to the heavy lifting, or is everyday a challenge & do you come home with a sore body?

Idk, I guess I'm a little underweight or out of shape myself, 5'11 in the upper 140's & I think it's because my body's still changing (recently turned 18) but even when I reach the age where I'll be able to be hired I still don't think there will be a dramatic difference. I'm not a scrawny little weakling lol, I got up to 250lbs pulling on a machine once, but I'm certainly not on the level of you guys The New York's Strongest.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:09 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,392,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post

When you first started was it hard adjusting to the job & the hours? Also, Does it seem like you get used to the heavy lifting, or is everyday a challenge & do you come home with a sore body?

Idk, I guess I'm a little underweight or out of shape myself, 5'11 in the upper 140's & I think it's because my body's still changing (recently turned 18) but even when I reach the age where I'll be able to be hired I still don't think there will be a dramatic difference. I'm not a scrawny little weakling lol, I got up to 250lbs pulling on a machine once, but I'm certainly not on the level of you guys The New York's Strongest.

5'11" and only in the 140s...you is scrawny lolol.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:39 AM

154 posts, read 230,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post

The hours aren't to bad, what's bad is the bouncing around. As a junior guy in bk south my shift hours change from day to day. It's very hard to get a good nights sleep. Convenience is not always the best choice especially for Staten Island guys .the closer you are to that bridge the more you will bounce like a Ping pong ball. As far as lifting you get use to it. But talk to senior guys about that . This job will break your body down little by little through out your 22 year career. And don't worry about you weight , there are plenty of smaller guys in my garage and they do fine. And you will gain weight on this job like everybody else.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:19 AM

19 posts, read 30,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
You chose the wrong job bro. LOL Who is ready for a possible 3 FEET OF SNOW now? We'll get a day off in April probably.
When you've done these winters ten times already, you sort of get tired of the bullcrap. It's only fun when there's snow on the ground in the beginning of the storm. Once it's been cleared and the Department starts doing clearing and scattering, we'll then that's for the birds.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:50 AM

233 posts, read 535,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torper10 View Post
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with having an education. Anyone who thinks otherwise was not properly raised. It's seems that a lot of you could use a little brush up with some American history. I recommend studying our founding fathers , particularly john Adams.

Correct, there is nothing wrong with having an education. Liberal arts majors are not what you need to make a living. These sociology, anthropology, history, english, latin, philosophy, and psychology bachelor degrees end up being a waste of 4 years. If you want to make money and live above the rest, in this day and age you need an engineering degree. It's 2015, will being a John Adams historian or a chemical engineer make you more? I'm just glad a SanMan falls in the middle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City