Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2015, 01:18 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times

Advertisements

what is the area around the Barclay's Center area like in Brooklyn(Atlantic/Flatbush Aves)? I am considering getting tix for a concert there on a Sunday evening. I would probably take the #2 train from 238th street in The Bronx after work. does the 2 stop there or do i have to transfer? After the show i would probably take access a ride back to Riverdale

are there places to get a snack or dinner in the area? how far into Brooklyn is it? Im familiar with the Jay Street Boro hall stop on the A and that's pretty much it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 01:31 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,033,370 times
The area is perfectly fine. Yes, taking the #2 is your best bet, no transfers required just stay on it all the way to Atlantic Ave-Barclays Center. If the #4 is nearby it is also an option, also no transfer required to the same station.

There are restaurants along Flatbush going east that are varied and at different price points, have no specific recommendations though. There is a Shake Shack directly across the street from Barclays Center as well. Also some decent, but pricey food options inside the Barclays Center, if I must eat at the arena I usually get the fish tacos from the Calexico stand.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:31 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,914,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
what is the area around the Barclay's Center area like in Brooklyn(Atlantic/Flatbush Aves)? I am considering getting tix for a concert there on a Sunday evening. I would probably take the #2 train from 238th street in The Bronx after work. does the 2 stop there or do i have to transfer? After the show i would probably take access a ride back to Riverdale

are there places to get a snack or dinner in the area? how far into Brooklyn is it? Im familiar with the Jay Street Boro hall stop on the A and that's pretty much it
It's safe, I go down there every now and then. Plenty of places to eat there, I always have a hard time choosing. You can look along Atlantic Avenue and Flatbush near Fulton or DeKalb.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:36 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
If you have the $$ I'd suggest taking an express bus unless you don't mind the long commute. To answer your question though yes the 2 stops there.

Your second question, of course there are places to grab a bite to eat, come on dude lol.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:05 PM

929 posts, read 1,659,453 times
Very safe for a busy downtown area. I usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings across the street from Barclays.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:20 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,579,327 times
Lots of places to eat. Recently had brunch at Elberta's which is just a few minutes walk down Flatbush Ave. A lot of options in different price ranges. So many places that it's hard to choose!!

Old 01-17-2015, 09:31 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Like others have written, the area is very safe and there are many places to eat. Some local "favorites" where I see people eating at are restaurants on Dean Street between Flatbush and 5th Avenue (right across from Barclays Center), which includes a falafel joint (Kulushkat Gourmet Falafel - Park Slope - Brooklyn, NY | Yelp), a pizzeria and an Italian restaurant. Plus, they are opening a Patsy's on that same block. There's also a Donut Plant on Flatbush a few blocks down from arena, Shake Shack as others have mentioned right across from Barclays Center, and multiple other options on Flatbush, 5th Avenue, and Atlantic.

But the good thing is that you're at the intersection at several restaurants with great eateries within each. You'll be in Prospect Heights, but on the border of Fort Green, Park Slope, and a little down from Downtown Brooklyn. Here's someone's list of the "top ten" restaurants near Barclays Center, which includes restaurants in several of the neighborhoods listed above, all within general walking distance of Barclays:

Top 10 restaurants near the Barclays Center - Brooklyn Eagle Sports

Lastly, Barclays Center is in North West Brooklyn, not that far from the Manhattan Bridge. To get a better idea, Atlantic Avenue Barclays Center Station is five stops into Brooklyn on the 2 (but 5 short stops), the third stop on the 4 train, and is the first stop in Brooklyn on the D and N trains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City