Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 05:47 PM

112 posts, read 181,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Excuse me? We City Kids back then turned on fire hydrants in the Summers to escape HOT APARTMENTS, and ran around barefoot on City streets amid all the DOG POOP and drunks VOMIT. Parents SMOKING? ROFL
Should have added "While Pregnant"

Old 01-31-2015, 05:47 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshoe View Post
Yes, and that's why it is important that people who are physically able to be vaccinated get vaccinated. There are people who can't due to allergies or a weakened immune system. If you don't get vaccinated, you threaten herd immunity and put their lives at risk. You are treating their lives as expendable when you cavalierly suggest that people should just opt out because of how things were in the good old days.
As a poor, old, immunity compromised elderly person, WHEN did I give my permission to be used in your advertising campaign? PAY ME compensation! At any rate, I absolve you from protecting ME with your Herd Immunity.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:49 PM

664 posts, read 807,220 times
Quote:
Yes, and that's why it is important that people who are physically able to be vaccinated get vaccinated. There are people who can't due to allergies or a weakened immune system. If you don't get vaccinated, you threaten herd immunity and put their lives at risk. You are treating their lives as expendable when you cavalierly suggest that people should just opt out because of how things were in the good old days.
"Herd immunity" is BS.

If you're healthy, you don't need the vaccination. Nor do you pose a threat to the unvaccinated.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaDoll View Post
Should have added "While Pregnant"
I was an exception even back then getting my period at 10 years old. Not many 5th graders today will be physically able to get pregnant. lol Obviously, you are not from NYC and hold a prejudice against it.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:55 PM

112 posts, read 181,802 times
Quote:
I was an exception even back then getting my period at 10 years old. Not many 5th graders today will be physically able to get pregnant. lol Obviously, you are not from NYC and hold a prejudice against it.
I have serious doubt you even understand my post // Born in Brooklyn // currently live in Chelsea

Old 01-31-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTelevisionWriter View Post
And we rode in giant cars with no airbags, without wearing the seat belts.

And we ate full-fat EVERYTHING. And carbs. And real sugar.
Well, maybe, maybe not. Nana was a 1st generation Italian. Trust me. You will never find the things that she cooked on any Olive Garden Menu. Dandelion and bean soup? Tame for some things she cooked. Today, Vegans woiuld probably love what she (born 1900) cooked.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaDoll View Post
I have serious doubt you even understand my post // Born in Brooklyn // currently live in Chelsea
Born in West Village (Christopher St.). Lived in Chelsea (21st 7th) unti I graduted HS in 1966. Then moved out, got job, and lived on my own in West Village (Sullivan St.) until I married in 1974 when we moved to Queens.

Difference? I proably old enough to be your mother or even your grandma.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:11 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Small town mentality? I was born and raised in Manhattan. I grew up around MILLIONS of people. I rode subways all ALONE at 10 years old in 1958. I did not witness people dying in the streets from measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc. I do not remember Quarantine Signs all over on apartment buildings, or anywhere else. I am an OLDER Boomer who would have been a TEENAGER before these vacines came out. Cannot REMEMBER that?

Maybe you can fool others, but you cannot fool a NYC Native, and a Senior one at that.
None of this is proof that no one died. All it means is that you did not know of anyone dying of these diseases.

Medical coroner's determine the cause of death, not 10 year old children. No 10 year old child has access to the morgue and/or hospital, and none are qualified to determine causes of death.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTelevisionWriter View Post
People also die from the flu. And pneumonia. And food poisoning.

ANYTHING can be "serious" for those with compromised immune systems.
Which is exactly why for the safety of the public it's best to get people vaccinated against diseases which are epidemics. It's partially why they created vaccines in the first place.

You have babies, the elderly, diabetes patients, lupus patients, cancer patients, Aids patients, among others who have compromised immune systems.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Repped!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City