Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 12:12 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
I agree with you to an extent. I don't think anyone going to claim going through some of the housing projects in Brooklyn are not dangerous by anyone standards. There people always asking which NYCHA building to select for safety concerns. It only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone.
If NYPD was truly about "fighting crime", then they would target these projects to get the vermin out.

Many of the people who live there are good people trying to survive and living orderly lives.

When Bratton was LAPD commissioner, he used stop and frisk for REAL criminals not just any black or hispanic male walking the streets like Ray Kelly did here.

I notice that NYPD never target REAL criminals, but everyday joes just minding their own business going about their day. They are clearly afraid of the gangbangers who run these projects and REAL CRIMINALS who SHOULD be targeted.

Maybe if NYPD spent more time killing and brutalizing these people instead of men selling loosies and other useless trinkets to survive, then no one would have a problem with neither stop and frisk nor chokeholds.

Also, Akai Garvey is dead because of Bloomberg policies to not fix the elevators nor provide lights for the hallways or stairways. The cop who shot him was a scared coward, but if the lights were on in the stairway, then the man would be alive today.

Again, DeBlasio has to clean up the mess of someone who never should have received a third term to run this city to begin wit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 12:19 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
To be honest I think income inequality is a greatest threat to this city and country more than Vladimir Putin's nuclear aiming Russia, or some crazy Islamic extremist.
This country cannot continue on the course it's on without extreme repercussions being felt.

Obama lied. There is STILL a recession. He's been saying there isn't a recession since 2010.

What's funny is that NYC has the SAME amount of homeless that you see on the streets of Los Angeles, except that NYC's homeless is more hidden. If NYC didn't have the organized shelter system you see here, then this city would look WORSE than Los Angeles, because we're too closed in. LA is more spread out and most people drive, so they never have to actually "see" them if they don't want to.

You can't do that here.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:57 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
If NYPD was truly about "fighting crime", then they would target these projects to get the vermin out.

Many of the people who live there are good people trying to survive and living orderly lives.

When Bratton was LAPD commissioner, he used stop and frisk for REAL criminals not just any black or hispanic male walking the streets like Ray Kelly did here.

I notice that NYPD never target REAL criminals, but everyday joes just minding their own business going about their day. They are clearly afraid of the gangbangers who run these projects and REAL CRIMINALS who SHOULD be targeted.

Again, DeBlasio has to clean up the mess of someone who never should have received a third term to run this city to begin wit.
This was under de Blasio and at least partially because of Columbia's expansion plan, but the NYPD targetted the real criminals and gangsters of the Manhattanville projects. They even broke down walls with battering rams. It was hardcore.

Keep in mind any police force merely follows what they are ordered to do from the mayor and police commissioner. Bloomberg and Kelly cared less about the projects. It was under de Blasio and Bratton that this huge raid took place, carrying away 103 people.

Early-morning raids at Harlem housing complexes net more than 100 gang indictments | 7online.com

Old 02-08-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
To be honest I think income inequality is a greatest threat to this city and country more than Vladimir Putin's nuclear aiming Russia, or some crazy Islamic extremist.
I don't. It's not popular to say it but most working people have always been poor. They are managed by an upper middle class, and the true rich and top government officials are at the top.

Every society runs this way.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
This country cannot continue on the course it's on without extreme repercussions being felt.

Obama lied. There is STILL a recession. He's been saying there isn't a recession since 2010.

What's funny is that NYC has the SAME amount of homeless that you see on the streets of Los Angeles, except that NYC's homeless is more hidden. If NYC didn't have the organized shelter system you see here, then this city would look WORSE than Los Angeles, because we're too closed in. LA is more spread out and most people drive, so they never have to actually "see" them if they don't want to.

You can't do that here.
The country cannot continue to run on this course? It has run on this course since independence, and there have yet to be extreme reprecussions.

One reason why NYC has the organized shelter system is because homeless would DIE in the COLD WINTERS of NYC if the city didn't have these SHELTERS. LA is warmer and shelter is not quite as urgent (still not saying homelessness is fun but it is generally more managable with better weather).

Old 12-22-2015, 12:06 AM

4 posts, read 6,713 times
De blasio is a Liar and A master manipulator. He only cares about his "public image", he talks lies about what he's doing, but what he's really doing is misusing government funds and letting the people at the bottom have to suffer or else they get shut out. This is the truth. He's a Liar
And if he really had good political structure he would of implemented better policy's that would NOT leave Good families Stranded in this Disgusting system for so LONG! THESE Shelters collect a minimum of $3,900 a MONTH... which is Almost TRIPLE the Amount it would be to put families in descent housing anywhere in the 5boros... All his agenda does is fatten the pockets of shelter owners, and causes plenty of Corruption. I sat and watch The mayor visit my shelter, the shelter hired 15 maintenance staff for the purpose of the cameras, then the extra staff LEFT, and even took BACK the make-shift tree they JUST had installed in front of the building! Listen He's made so many mistakes and miscalculations, I can mark at least 20 that would get anyone else in deep water!!! I've seen the most FOUL things in these shelters and this is my first time being homeless EVER! if I make a complaint they transfer me to a WORSE spot. DHS are puppets that get HRA money for a good "act", because all it is... Is ACTING! But since it's all "picture" smiles and politics, I have to deal with this sucker mess they call Legitamate Housing. I am a college educated injured father. I've never did anything wrong. I'm also a So called certified Nycha resident who's waiting on a imaginary list for my name to pop up... WDF 😓😥
What has to happen before we as good American citizens are pushed over the edge. God help us💯

Old 12-22-2015, 02:13 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Liberals are fixing it by giving more immigrants working papers to help with filling cheap labors the city needs and these immigrants don't need any assistance unlike poor Americans that need TLC.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:42 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,885,695 times
Most of the homeless are lazy or crazy.

Old 12-24-2015, 04:18 AM

186 posts, read 220,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If the homeless and the poor gets pushed out of NYC, income inequalities will look better as the middle class becomes the bottom followed by upper middle class becoming the middle, then wealthy.
There is no middle class .. Its a myth .. If the poor leave .. then all you have left is the wealthy

Old 12-24-2015, 10:14 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
No one has anyone to blame for income inequality but those who are crying about income inequality! Even the poorest of poor people have access to FREE education, food and housing. I myself grew up poor in a single parent household with a mom on welfare. I went to school and got my education. I was determined to not live the type of life my mom and I did while I was a kid growing up. I knew for a fact that I wanted to do well in life and worked towards that goal. I now have my own small business and also work for a very reputable fortune 500 company.

For the most part, everyone is in the situation that they chose to be in for one reason or another. You can't drop out of school, get pregnant/have children at an early age, get into drugs, alcohol, crime, etc.. then blame your situation on "income inequality" when you find yourself working at a fast food restaurant at the age of 30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City