Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 12:45 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,459,900 times

Advertisements

We are planning a trip to NYC this spring. Mom has expressed a desire to eat at the view in times square. I've got to be honest, the food sounds pretty gross- way to upscale for this girl. I was wondering if anyones dined there and would like to share their thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 05:46 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,326,603 times
I would not go there for the food, honestly, since there are better places for the money that you will spend at the restaurant. It's atop the Marriott Marquis, and you can get great views at the Mandarin Oriental at Asiate; howver, The View is a holdover from when revolving rooftop restaurants were the rage. If you want something more simple, you can stick with a vegetarian menu, as it is difficult to have to many issues with the ingredients/sauces. Asiate is $95 for the prix fixe menu, whereas The View is $84, but Asiate is a fine dining experience, not so much a tourist attraction. You get a good view, excellent dinner, and I'd just make plans to head over to Top of The Rock for 360-degree views of the city, since you will not see too much from a revolving restaurant during dinner, unless you do not have any conversation, or look at the food. The rotating backdrop is lost during dinner, in my opinion, especially once service has begun.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City