Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 09:02 AM

168 posts, read 349,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
DeBlasio's rabble-rousing of the underclasses didn't hurt him apparently. Maybe it is time someone fires up the people who actually work and provide.
I'm a liberal. I work two jobs, 6 days and nights a week. What else ya got? That "conservatives work hard, liberals just collect welfare, have a thousand kids and do drugs on our dime" meme is old, tiresome and patently untrue. I wish you reality-challenged conservatives would stop parroting it. It might make you feel superior, but it makes you sound ridiculous to rational people who aren't crouched in a bunker, wearing a tinfoil hat, stockpiling weapons and canned goods, and listening to Alex Jones.

See? We can do it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 09:43 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Yeah, promising to give the underclass other people's money is a good way to buy votes.

Quote:
DeBlasio's rabble-rousing of the underclasses didn't hurt him apparently. Maybe it is time someone fires up the people who actually work and provide.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:03 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
No more Repubs and Dems. We have the Liberal and Conservative parties now, that's what it really is.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-22-2015, 10:16 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrish View Post
I'm a liberal. I work two jobs, 6 days and nights a week. What else ya got? That "conservatives work hard, liberals just collect welfare, have a thousand kids and do drugs on our dime" meme is old, tiresome and patently untrue. I wish you reality-challenged conservatives would stop parroting it. It might make you feel superior, but it makes you sound ridiculous to rational people who aren't crouched in a bunker, wearing a tinfoil hat, stockpiling weapons and canned goods, and listening to Alex Jones.

See? We can do it too.
Ugh... Right to Alex Jones and all that nonsense as if everyone who disagrees with modern liberalism is a crackpot. Your response makes me not want to bother, but here goes.

If you are a stable member of society, liberal or not, then DeBlasio wasn't focused on whipping you into a frenzy. Don't be so sensitive. If I was talking about people like you, my words would have made that clear.

Sure, you probably voted for him, but not because you viewed him as the second-coming of Obama with hands laden in free stuff, cheaper rent, the ability to conduct criminal activity at will, etc.

Although I often must confront doubts, any thinking person knows that the typical liberal is not a communist like DeBlasio who believes that the underclass should be supplied with endless handouts. This is why I did not use the word "liberal" in my statement. Guiliani is doing the same - rabble-rousing the low-information voters on the right. They are of the same vein, yet I have no problem admitting that I prefer that the tide of useful idiot right-wingers rise up en masse over the "gimme gimme gimme" class. Since I am forced to choose between two groups that want to take freedoms from me, I will always choose the one that focuses on freedoms which I do not personally partake in. That is the plight of the modern American voter, like it or not.

For what it is worth, the only time I see an Alex Jones diatribe is when someone posts one on Facebook. I have no clue from where he broadcasts, telecasts, podcasts, or whatever it is he does to get his cult "message" across any more than I know which channel the liberal-equivelent Daily Show was/is on. You won't believe this I am sure, but my main source of news is the Huffington Post. I prefer to read my opposition's spin. There is no point in entering your own echo chamber unless your critical thinking skills are as well developed as a project dweller's worth to society.

Know your enemy better than your friend, and completely ignore the fringe elements until they have justified the use of physical force upon them. That is my philosophy.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:10 AM

931 posts, read 801,144 times
You can't argue with liberals. They believe their own hype. They think they're always right. Liberals don't believe in self accountability. It's always someone else's fault. Never theirs. Point out the truth, throw facts in their faces or ask them real tough questions that goes against their thinking, mindset and ideology that backs them into a corner, and they start name calling. They call you a bigot, racist, feminist, you name it, they'll call you it. A bunch of class acts...not!

As the philosopher Socrates famously quoted "WHEN THE DEBATE IS OVER, SLANDER BECOMES THE TOOL OF LOSERS"

That quote sums up liberals.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:12 AM

931 posts, read 801,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yet Obama was elected twice by the public to be the President
So was your buddy Bush. So what's your point?

Old 02-22-2015, 11:36 AM

168 posts, read 349,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
You can't argue with liberals. They believe their own hype. They think they're always right. Liberals don't believe in self accountability. It's always someone else's fault. Never theirs. Point out the truth, throw facts in their faces or ask them real tough questions that goes against their thinking, mindset and ideology that backs them into a corner, and they start name calling. They call you a bigot, racist, feminist, you name it, they'll call you it. A bunch of class acts...not!

As the philosopher Socrates famously quoted "WHEN THE DEBATE IS OVER, SLANDER BECOMES THE TOOL OF LOSERS"

That quote sums up liberals.
Give me a break. You rely on parroted propaganda, stereotypes, made-up email forwards and memes. We stick to facts, research and science. You blame everyone else for the messes you create, then take the credit when the people you blamed clean up your messes. You're frauds, liars and hypocrites. You don't believe in paying taxes, yet you still want to use all the services taxes pay for. You claim to be against government intervention, except when you DEMAND government intervention into the personal lives of anyone doing something you don't personally believe in. You think you're right, so anything you don't believe in is wrong, and anything wrong should be illegal... therefore anything you don't believe in should be illegal.

PS: The fact that you think a fake quote triumphantly "proves" your hackneyed argument actually proves mine. You repeat whatever you hear, and never bother to check if it's true before you pass it around. Then it becomes "the truth" and you keep quoting it as "proof." Socrates never left behind any writings at all. Nothing. Not a single direct quote.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:39 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,216,678 times
Quote:
Define "underclass."

Old 02-22-2015, 11:42 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,216,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrish View Post
Give me a break. You rely on parroted propaganda, stereotypes, made-up email forwards and memes. We stick to facts, research and science. You blame everyone else for the messes you create, then take the credit when the people you blamed clean up your messes. You're frauds, liars and hypocrites. You don't believe in paying taxes, yet you still want to use all the services taxes pay for. You claim to be against government intervention, except when you DEMAND government intervention into the personal lives of anyone doing something you don't personally believe in. You think you're right, so anything you don't believe in is wrong, and anything wrong should be illegal... therefore anything you don't believe in should be illegal.

PS: The fact that you think a fake quote triumphantly "proves" your hackneyed argument actually proves mine. You repeat whatever you hear, and never bother to check if it's true before you pass it around. Then it becomes "the truth" and you keep quoting it as "proof." Socrates never left behind any writings at all. Nothing. Not a single direct quote.
Love it

Old 02-22-2015, 12:09 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
So was your buddy Bush. So what's your point?
Well that shows where the nation was at both times.

But to be fair, the first time Bush didn't win the popular vote. He won the electoral vote.

Both times Obama won the popular vote. The majority of voters wanted him in office twice. It's where the nation is politically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City