Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 06:47 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blu09 View Post
I did not get the apartment. They sent out a generic letter THE SAME DAY OF MY INTERVIEW saying they had a lot of applicants and they'll keep me on the waiting list. I want to know why my application wasn't considered. They knew how many applicants there were! They knew thattimere they asked us to come in for the interview! I'm so mad that yet again, I wasted time and money on this housing lottery. If it was my income, the letter should've stated that!
Why are you guessing about income ? You are either in the range or you are not. Look it up.

They also consider job history, credit rating, history as a tenant ...

People apply for dozens of lotteries, it takes many attempts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 11:32 PM

14 posts, read 16,154 times
Sorry to hear that. I ended up skipping my interview and going to work. I much rather get paid than waste my time to be disqualified anyways. Let's hope we have better luck next time.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:30 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
There's no way in the world you're gonna get the apartment OP. Your income has to be in the range that they stipulate. Doesn't matter what your living situation is.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:09 AM

42 posts, read 84,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Why are you guessing about income ? You are either in the range or you are not. Look it up.

They also consider job history, credit rating, history as a tenant ...

People apply for dozens of lotteries, it takes many attempts.
I'm guessing because the letter provided no explanation as to why I wasn't chosen for an apartment. I've applied to over 40 affordable housing lotteries, 2 interviews, 0% luck.
I did call them today and they told me they only had ONE apartment available and hundreds of applicants. Absolute waste of time and money (spent 11 dollars making copies and printing out documents) good ole NYC public library charges $.15 a page... I hope he was lying, for my sanity

Old 03-06-2015, 10:54 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blu09 View Post
I'm guessing because the letter provided no explanation as to why I wasn't chosen for an apartment. I've applied to over 40 affordable housing lotteries, 2 interviews, 0% luck.
I did call them today and they told me they only had ONE apartment available and hundreds of applicants. Absolute waste of time and money (spent 11 dollars making copies and printing out documents) good ole NYC public library charges $.15 a page... I hope he was lying, for my sanity
The income levels are clearly posted in the requests for applications, unless this is something new where they "wing it."

It's important to be familiar with those - otherwise, waste of time for everyone.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:43 AM

42 posts, read 84,818 times
I was within the income requirements, that's the most important part, being able to pay the rent.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:05 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:

I want to know why my application wasn't considered.
Sorry you missed out. But I doubt you will ever know the real reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City