Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 08:08 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,278,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Who said I admire ghetto trash? Feel feel to quote where I said it. You shouldn't complain - you don't live too far away like you said. So you knew what time it was when you bought. I knew I would be hearing gunshots when I bought.
Don't you want those shooting off the guns moved out of town? And not coddled by our mayor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 08:33 PM

33,886 posts, read 47,082,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Don't you want those shooting off the guns moved out of town? And not coddled by our mayor?
Nahh let them stay. I don't want the cops to start arresting innocent people when the city turns into a crime-free zone. Everybody has its place in this society - so let the criminals stick around so that the cops will have something to do.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-14-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Nahh let them stay. I don't want the cops to start arresting innocent people when the city turns into a crime-free zone. Everybody has its place in this society - so let the criminals stick around so that the cops will have something to do.
I was thinking that instead of arresting innocent people we could start passing out pink slips to officers as their services wouldn't be needed.

So I guess keep the ghetto trash as you could also think of it as a jobs programme.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:21 PM

33,886 posts, read 47,082,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I was thinking that instead of arresting innocent people we could start passing out pink slips to officers as their services wouldn't be needed.

So I guess keep the ghetto trash as you could also think of it as a jobs programme.

Everybody is a cog in the gear my friend. So I'll just sit back, listen to the gunshots, smile, and sip my beer. You should do the same. The system is beyond repair. Just be happy you can afford your home.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-14-2015, 11:03 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,892,174 times
The thing is if ghetto people are all congregated in certain areas it's actually dangerous for them.

In WW2 the Germans decided to liquidate the ghetto (kill off everyone in Europe's ghettos) . Jews, gypsies, gays, deformed people, and other undesirables.

This certainly could happen here and perhaps to some extent is happening here. The city was content to let Manhattanville projects remain horrible until Columbia University decided to expand and 400 police officers were sent in to clean house. This was done by DE BLASIO and BRATTON. De Blasio is a Columbia alum, he was probably more than happy to help with their expansion plans.

Quarantining thugs in the Rockaways? What if the city decides to go all out and use this land for NYC's prime beachfront? Where will they put the thugs, at the bottom of Jamaica Bay?

You actually have calls from certain individuals on this forum to more or less exterminate the ghetto. Under the right circumstances I could see it happening here.

And there's where the dangers are from keeping people outside the mainstream society. If they aren't integrated into the mainstream society, they are an other barely tolerated by the majority.

Would most Americans really care if the ghetto were killed off?

Moving them out of the city was done to undesirables in Europe and it was a prelude to slaughtering them.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:17 PM

401 posts, read 549,603 times
NYC is still very safe compared to where I lived in different cities that are well known for their crime rates. Yes, there are still sketchy NYC neighborhoods. I've worked in one of the worst neighborhoods in Queens and never felt unsafe, granted I was only in "bad" areas during the daytime.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Where will they put the thugs, at the bottom of Jamaica Bay?
Not such a bad idea. The mafia has been doing that over the past century.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Moving them out of the city was done to undesirables in Europe and it was a prelude to slaughtering them.
I was thinking they'd spread out across rest of the country like those that lived in their apartments before them. Not simply sit in these crap holes indefinitely.

Sounds like your more so thinking about moving them all down to Florida and then cutting off the entire peninsula from the continental US. Another not such a bad idea.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:46 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,695,269 times
Quote:
The thing is if ghetto people are all congregated in certain areas it's actually dangerous for them.

In WW2 the Germans decided to liquidate the ghetto (kill off everyone in Europe's ghettos) . Jews, gypsies, gays, deformed people, and other undesirables.

This certainly could happen here and perhaps to some extent is happening here. The city was content to let Manhattanville projects remain horrible until Columbia University decided to expand and 400 police officers were sent in to clean house. This was done by DE BLASIO and BRATTON. De Blasio is a Columbia alum, he was probably more than happy to help with their expansion plans.

Quarantining thugs in the Rockaways? What if the city decides to go all out and use this land for NYC's prime beachfront? Where will they put the thugs, at the bottom of Jamaica Bay?

You actually have calls from certain individuals on this forum to more or less exterminate the ghetto. Under the right circumstances I could see it happening here.

And there's where the dangers are from keeping people outside the mainstream society. If they aren't integrated into the mainstream society, they are an other barely tolerated by the majority.

Would most Americans really care if the ghetto were killed off?

Yeah I think its more so you yourself want them exterminated. Just like Hitler did right?

You'd be perfect with a job for the SS nyc division.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
And for the most part they still are in NYC. Time to break up the party. That's what makes it a ghetto in the first place. It is not a necessity to have them in society. It is actually a financial and cultural burden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City