Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 07:53 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,918,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
In other places the hatred and rudness and phoniness will be in silent.
Excellent point, and one that has occurred to me many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 04:46 AM

493 posts, read 511,279 times
The co-op is very poorly run and we constantly have people addicts coming in the building. I wont even go to the laundry room alone b/c you dont know whos down there. It also takes months to get anything fixed. I have been working estates out for selling. However, nothing in the building has sold it just ends up being rented.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:30 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,225,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Seems everyone is moving to Florida.
And about half come back.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:30 AM

1,998 posts, read 1,879,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalkiki View Post
The co-op is very poorly run and we constantly have people addicts coming in the building. I wont even go to the laundry room alone b/c you dont know whos down there. It also takes months to get anything fixed. I have been working estates out for selling. However, nothing in the building has sold it just ends up being rented.
You might want to speak with a real estate lawyer who has co-op experience for what options you have. I know you will be limited in buyers if the finance of the co-op is questionable, banks will flag the building as do not lend to. Some co-op offer buyout to shareholder or you can try to sue them for negligence. You need to read the financial statements of the co-op to understand how much debt they are carrying and how many unsold apartments they might be holding on to.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
You might want to speak with a real estate lawyer who has co-op experience for what options you have. I know you will be limited in buyers if the finance of the co-op is questionable, banks will flag the building as do not lend to. Some co-op offer buyout to shareholder or you can try to sue them for negligence. You need to read the financial statements of the co-op to understand how much debt they are carrying and how many unsold apartments they might be holding on to.
They are in major debt. Currently, there are 16 units being rented out of 50 units all together (that i know of since they a rented by the board). The building bought out a few people but have been holding on to all the appts and just renting them. However, im sure some other people in the building are renting secretly but I just dont know. All everyone does is complain.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:10 AM

1,998 posts, read 1,879,335 times
Quote:
They are in major debt. Currently, there are 16 units being rented out of 50 units all together (that i know of since they a rented by the board). The building bought out a few people but have been holding on to all the appts and just renting them. However, im sure some other people in the building are renting secretly but I just dont know. All everyone does is complain.
Only a lawyer can save you now. Make sure to get one that is competent and has legal experience with co-op. In addition make sure to get a free evaluation of your case and a lawyer that charges a one time fee when completed ($1-2k for helping you sell the apartment).

Old 03-09-2015, 07:50 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,026,664 times
Sell the place.

Make believe the hype about the wonders of gentrifying Harlem are all true and try to find some sucker who believes it.

I looked back at your old posts where you couldn't even get a gas pipe re-installed. Sounds like a time to clear out...market is supposed to be strong.

(Yeah 125th and Lex still sucks.)

Old 03-09-2015, 08:10 AM

897 posts, read 1,251,874 times
You are making a lot of excuses OP...

Just sell the place and move on, life is too short to be miserable. After 13 years in NYC I moved to Denver and never looked back. Wasn't easy, nor free, but well worth it.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Sell the place.

Make believe the hype about the wonders of gentrifying Harlem are all true and try to find some sucker who believes it.

I looked back at your old posts where you couldn't even get a gas pipe re-installed. Sounds like a time to clear out...market is supposed to be strong.

(Yeah 125th and Lex still sucks.)
Yess i just got gas a month ago so 13months with no gas (Electric bill was 300 in winter almost 500 in summer b/c of the burners and toaster over going). Still waiting on a new front door I got locked in my house 6 times in the last few weeks. I had already spent 7k of my own money to fix this place. My grandfather already told me they wouldnt fix anything for him. I bought a new stove, fridge dishwashed. Re-tilled bathroom kitchen re did the floors. That was my savings I need them to approve someone to let me sell to get out of here. I dont have enough extra cash lying around to get up and move with out selling here first.
I will find a lawyer thank you.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:50 PM

555 posts, read 616,157 times
Quote:
Yess i just got gas a month ago so 13months with no gas (Electric bill was 300 in winter almost 500 in summer b/c of the burners and toaster over going). Still waiting on a new front door I got locked in my house 6 times in the last few weeks. I had already spent 7k of my own money to fix this place. My grandfather already told me they wouldnt fix anything for him. I bought a new stove, fridge dishwashed. Re-tilled bathroom kitchen re did the floors. That was my savings I need them to approve someone to let me sell to get out of here. I dont have enough extra cash lying around to get up and move with out selling here first.
I will find a lawyer thank you.
may i ask the building address and doyou have the unit listed? if so how much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: