Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 08:18 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
i lived in williamsburg in 2012 and terminated my lease. this is a bronx discussion and you come here about brooklyn and doing the typical transient bs. i'm just putting it in it's place for cd readers to understand what brooklyn is and isn't and to not be fooled by biased marketers like the cohen real estate mafia and jay z, who want your top dollars for a fake taste of ny in an enclaved midwest college-like neighborhood surrounded by ghetto. also to discuss other boroughs which may be grossly underrated and to objectively discuss it. you have no hope, you are stuck in your brooklyn dreams. enjoy them. different people like different things.
I only chimed in because for some jealous reason you started comparing the Bronx to Queens and Brooklyn. All of which was complete BS. Do your own thing. If you hate Brooklyn for other personal reasons, that's another story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Which was what I meant by "brand."
Everything is a brand. Some are just worth more than others.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:22 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I only chimed in because for some jealous reason you started comparing the Bronx to Queens and Brooklyn. All of which was complete BS. Do your own thing. If you hate Brooklyn for other personal reasons, that's another story.
Yet, you are the only person who has used the word "jealous," and their close friends "hate" and "personal."

Utterly ridiculous things to say. The architecture in Williamsburg IS garbage.

Even a few years ago, when I was teaching at Fordham and would walk around different areas - just from curiosity - I wondered why nobody developed anything, beautiful buildings.

And I admit that I left that job because I hated the area as it was. Could not take that Fordham Road walk with the "element."

Old 09-03-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
you mean webster ave?

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8334...7i13312!8i6656

you obviously haven't been there lately or you're all young white midwest transplants who were told ghost stories of the bronx as kids who cannot even entertain the idea of living amongst blacks and hispanics. i bet you're the type who won't even go south of metropolitan ave in brooklyn 10 minutes after sunset.

have a look at crime statistics, and really ask yourself if you're thinking objectively or if you have some race bias.

Bedford-Stuyvesant - DNAinfo.com Crime and Safety Report
Concourse Village and Mount Eden - DNAinfo.com Crime and Safety Report
Yeah, he's racist.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:26 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,224 times
Quote:
I said Bronx has more potential than Queens and Brooklyn in terms of long term gentrification via it's superior existing infrastructure and geography, and the developers and mREITS surely agree with me via their recent investments. I am not acting on jealousy, perhaps you are projecting that. I never dogged on Queens or Brooklyn until you showed up with your Brooklyn hubris.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Yet, you are the only person who has used the word "jealous," and their close friends "hate" and "personal."

Utterly ridiculous things to say. The architecture in Williamsburg IS garbage.
Why does it matter that the architecture is garbage? You got Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Prospect Heights, Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights, Crown Heights, Bed Stuy, Cobble Hill, Carroll Gardens and Prospect Lefferts that have plenty of architecture. Parts of Flatbush, Midwood, and even ENY have architecture too. Williamsburg gives Brooklyn another element.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:28 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,224 times
Quote:
Yeah, he's racist.
would you move to a non-white section of brooklyn, outside of little manhattan aka nw brooklyn, which is 1/10th of the borough? probably not. you probably don't think half of brooklyn even exists outside north of park slope.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I said Bronx has more potential than Queens and Brooklyn in terms of long term gentrification via it's superior existing infrastructure and geography, and the developers and mREITS surely agree with me via their recent investments. I am not acting on jealousy, perhaps you are projecting that. I never dogged on Queens or Brooklyn until you showed up with your Brooklyn hubris.
Then I'm saying these REITS might be overpriced or at best just looking for safety. They already made their money off Brooklyn.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
would you move to a non-white section of brooklyn, outside of little manhattan aka nw brooklyn? probably not. you probably don't think half of brooklyn even exists outside north of park slope.
I would live in all the neighborhoods listed except Bed Stuy and Crown Heights.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:32 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Why does it matter that the architecture is garbage?
Because anyone other than a transient 20-something from that third-tier university, funded by parental money, would intend to build a home and old, solid buildings are a vastly better choice. Along with decent infrastructure.

Do you mean what the architecture represents ?
Well ... that IS what it represents. That tendency, lifestyle, whatever. Transience, $$$$ for real estate speculators from Great Neck, little beyond that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City