Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 05:51 PM

12,196 posts, read 7,169,414 times

Advertisements

Don't hate, just appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 06:59 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,269,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Don't hate, just appreciate.
Not hating. I respect Jeter, I respect Rivera. Probably would have respected the old-timers as well if I was around back then. All I did was ask a question. What other organization has come remotely close to having the same success historically as the Yankees?

Old 04-11-2015, 07:53 PM

256 posts, read 309,986 times
After this thread, I think we'll watch NBA game

Old 04-11-2015, 09:49 PM

814 posts, read 907,703 times
Ive been to the original Yankee stadium to watch game but in my opinion the most fun I've had was Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Not hating. I respect Jeter, I respect Rivera. Probably would have respected the old-timers as well if I was around back then. All I did was ask a question. What other organization has come remotely close to having the same success historically as the Yankees?
You asking about baseball? The Lakers in the NBA and Montreal Canadiens are dominant in their respective sports as well. If just strictly talking baseball, St Louis Cardinals has the second most titles.

I don't know what you're trying to go for, but just like life, you will have winners and losers. You will have millionaires and billionaires and homeless people and beggars. In a free society, you can't make everybody "equal." That's what communism strived to do, but we know how that worked out.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You asking about baseball? The Lakers in the NBA and Montreal Canadiens are dominant in their respective sports as well. If just strictly talking baseball, St Louis Cardinals has the second most titles.

I don't know what you're trying to go for, but just like life, you will have winners and losers. You will have millionaires and billionaires and homeless people and beggars. In a free society, you can't make everybody "equal." That's what communism strived to do, but we know how that worked out.
The Lakers have the Celtics as competition. The Canadians would be close, but they don't have more than twice as many Stanley Cups than the runner up, like how the Yankees have more than twice as many World Series trophies than the Cardinals. Also initially there were only 2 professional hockey teams, and than expanded to 6. It didn't expand to anything of scope until the '70 and '80s, so at the end of the day the Canadians aren't even close to being the 'symbol of inequality' as the Yankees are known to be. Many people believe inequality to be the number one issue in the US and the World. The Yankees are the 1%, and are the representative of the issues faced by our nation.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klara View Post
After this thread, I think we'll watch NBA game
That's a guaranteed loss for the hometown team. You might want to visit another city then. The Knicks are a disgrace to our city.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
The Lakers have the Celtics as competition. The Canadians would be close, but they don't have more than twice as many Stanley Cups than the runner up, like how the Yankees have more than twice as many World Series trophies than the Cardinals. Also initially there were only 2 professional hockey teams, and than expanded to 6. It didn't expand to anything of scope until the '70 and '80s, so at the end of the day the Canadians aren't even close to being the 'symbol of inequality' as the Yankees are known to be. Many people believe inequality to be the number one issue in the US and the World. The Yankees are the 1%, and are the representative of the issues faced by our nation.
So the Yankees should strive to lose just to please your philosophy of everything should be equal? With that philosophy, why should anyone work hard for anything? Why even play ball? Just give everyone 100 wins and award everyone a World Championship trophy and call it a day. It doesn't get more equal than that.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
That's a guaranteed loss for the hometown team. You might want to visit another city then. The Knicks are a disgrace to our city.
That's funny you should take that position. We don't want winners, remember?

Why should the Knicks strive to win? NBA should take half the wins from the Hawks and redistribute it to the Knicks to even things up.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:16 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,386,491 times
'09 wasn't even the same. I'm surprised Hank and Hal haven't already changed the name to "Bank of New York Ballpark." The new stadium has no atmosphere, the city is filled with non-NYers, the Yankees let likable players like Melky, Cano and Swisher go. A-Rod is a jerkoff, Teixeira is a bum and Beltran is a Met to me. Hank, Hal and Cashman are clowns. Why should someone want to sit in NY traffic at 6pm on a Thursday and spend $150 in the most expensive city in the country to be disappointed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City