Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 07:48 AM

30 posts, read 61,258 times

Advertisements

You don't need lots of money. Just hang out with Asian friends. You will eventually meet an Asian girl through them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 08:21 AM

7 posts, read 11,444 times
Lol

Old 04-09-2015, 10:32 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,819 times
Pan Asians in general have a lot in common with Southasians (desi's like you and me) culturally.

There is a big distinction, however. We need to know whether or not the Asian women you're going after are the ones that have arrived in the USA recently, or if they are the ones that were born & brought up in the USA. The difference culturally between the two is very similar to what you'd see in desi women.

A desi example:

Aishwarya Rai = Indian from India
Mindy Kahling = Indian from the USA

I'm pretty sure Mindy Kahling mainly dates white guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Menon View Post
Hello,

I am an Indian guy with a stable job in Financial Industry working in NYC for the past 3-4 years. I am not sure what it is I am attracted to Asian women a lot. I find them very personable and like the way they talk. It seems like every guy out there has an Asian girlfriend except me. I have tried talking to them few times it didn't work. Are Asian women into Indian guys? If so could you guys suggest me a nice way to meet an Asian woman in NYC?

Thanks

Old 04-09-2015, 10:36 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
This is a funny thread man!

Old 04-09-2015, 10:39 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
I had a couple of chances in college with East Asian girls specifically Chinese/Taiwanese girls but I never really took it anywhere. Looking back I think it was the college setting that helped them be attracted to me because otherwise it seems it's pretty hard for a non-white or non-East Asian guy to get East Asian girls. Your screwed if you have a fetish for them and don't happen to be White or East Asian.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:55 AM

True, but it is New York we are talking about. The city is so big & crowded that there is always room for exceptions & outliers to the "rules".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I had a couple of chances in college with East Asian girls specifically Chinese/Taiwanese girls but I never really took it anywhere. Looking back I think it was the college setting that helped them be attracted to me because otherwise it seems it's pretty hard for a non-white or non-East Asian guy to get East Asian girls. Your screwed if you have a fetish for them and don't happen to be White or East Asian.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidebk View Post
You don't need lots of money. Just hang out with Asian friends. You will eventually meet an Asian girl through them.
Good advice. Show a real visible interest in their culture (or cultures depending on which one) and social circles and your odds will only increase.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:31 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
Good advice. Show a real visible interest in their culture (or cultures depending on which one) and social circles and your odds will only increase.
That can appear creapy if you're not smooth. A corollary would be to show how much you love pizza and pasta while trying to hit an Italian girl. I recall this white dude whom all the Asians knew was a Asianphile since he would chat up every Asian girl he comes into contact to at work. But he was still able to score himself a piece of yellow tail because the girl wasn't good looking at all and had trouble getting decent looking guys without fetishes to hit on her. So if you've got yellow fever just keep trying. Eventually some fish is gonna take the bait. Though as an Indian guy I agree with everyone else that you need $$$ and have to be highly educated and well spoken to stand out.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:54 AM

Wouldn't it be important also to know whether Mr. Menon is shooting for the ABCD or the FOB version of the Asian women (to give a desi analogy)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
That can appear creapy if you're not smooth. A corollary would be to show how much you love pizza and pasta while trying to hit an Italian girl. I recall this white dude whom all the Asians knew was a Asianphile since he would chat up every Asian girl he comes into contact to at work. But he was still able to score himself a piece of yellow tail because the girl wasn't good looking at all and had trouble getting decent looking guys without fetishes to hit on her. So if you've got yellow fever just keep trying. Eventually some fish is gonna take the bait. Though as an Indian guy I agree with everyone else that you need $$$ and have to be highly educated and well spoken to stand out.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:57 AM

282 posts, read 350,494 times
Why would anyone want that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City