Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 08:54 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Menon View Post
Hello,

I am an Indian guy with a stable job in Financial Industry working in NYC for the past 3-4 years. I am not sure what it is I am attracted to Asian women a lot. I find them very personable and like the way they talk. It seems like every guy out there has an Asian girlfriend except me. I have tried talking to them few times it didn't work. Are Asian women into Indian guys? If so could you guys suggest me a nice way to meet an Asian woman in NYC?

Thanks
I know 2 women who are from Beijing, both are single and hot. Can I hook you up with one of them. They are also in their early 30s. Generally these women are nearing their shelf cycle in western terms, but in the east they are probably garbage by society standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 08:56 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,247,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I also work with them. I also associate with them from time to time and are even friends with some of those types of folks. Nope I don't know anything about a Protestant church. I was raised Catholic. But now an atheist. Plenty of your type of people you are talking about are lapsed in faith faith or don't take faith seriously. Surprisingly I got invited to a concert at Williamsburg music hall. I could not make it. But yes I'm very familiar with the lifestyle. As you can see can move around between world's and different subcultures, counter cultures, income stratas and at times even race. A good portion of people in NYC are unipolar and do not do this including yourself Mr. Johnson when it comes to culture, but again its safer and more comfortable to be amongst your own people. Being a true New Yorker is being multicultural and understanding different folks from different walks of life, income stratas, faiths and etc. If it offers any consolation I do have British heritage in my blood from 2 previous generations. I gotta visit London to see my extended British relatives. Same for the blue color wearing Scotts.
Well that is my point. Your circles may be different from others and people in the city live in enclaves meaning they stay within what they're comfortable with and generally live entire lives not exposed to the inner sanctums of the many subcultures of NYC. And yes, there is a somewhat significant "invisible" protestant group in the city who live lifestyles that are different to others. And I disagree with you, there are lots of religious protestants in NYC. Just look at the congregation population at Redeemer church which is in the 10's of thousands and Brooklyn Tabernacle. We do tend to stay invisible during the secular weekday and not so *present* like Jews and Catholics are.. I was not aware of this until I married my wife who is Korean 8 years ago. I am a native New Yorker of 4th generation Polish/German ancestry, and in the past only associated with atheists or catholics. I've learned that merely associating with people of different cultures and lifestyles at work is nothing like actualy being immersed in their personal lives and you won't see alot of things in the city when observing on a superficial level. There are lots of AMWF AFWM relationships in my circles. I would have probably never experienced this until I got into them in a more intimate way.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
Well that is my point. Your circles may be different from others and people in the city live in enclaves meaning they stay within what they're comfortable with and generally live entire lives not exposed to the inner sanctums of the many subcultures of NYC. And yes, there is a somewhat significant "invisible" protestant group in the city who live lifestyles that are different to others. And I disagree with you, there are lots of religious protestants in NYC. Just look at the congregation population at Redeemer church which is in the 10's of thousands and Brooklyn Tabernacle. We do tend to stay invisible during the secular weekday and not so *present* like Jews and Catholics are.. I was not aware of this until I married my wife who is Korean 8 years ago. I am a native New Yorker of 4th generation Polish/German ancestry, and in the past only associated with atheists or catholics. I've learned that merely associating with people of different cultures and lifestyles at work is nothing like actualy being immersed in their personal lives and you won't see alot of things in the city when observing on a superficial level. There are lots of AMWF AFWM relationships in my circles. I would have probably never experienced this until I got into them in a more intimate way.
Great. You are an church boy. Church in general has plenty of intermixing going and is nothing new. Have you ever been to calvary Baptist church hosted by Reverend Epstein? In that church I saw all sorts of mixes. Same could be said for the times Square church as well. But again Mr. Wasp. You are getting way off topic. The op should try Asian speed dating or go to Asian night spots in Midtown like in Koreatown.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:21 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,247,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Great. You are an church boy. Church in general has plenty of intermixing going and is nothing new. Have you ever been to calvary Baptist church hosted by Reverend Epstein? In that church I saw all sorts of mixes. Same could be said for the times Square church as well. But again Mr. Wasp. You are getting way off topic. The op should try Asian speed dating or go to Asian night spots in Midtown like in Koreatown.
No, I'm not Baptist and I'm not a wasp. I'm presbyterian but am not of anglo heritage. Again, there are subcultures that don't mingle even within. Same can be said of reformed Jews and Hasidic/Orthodox who don't associate much either.

And no, I'm not a "church boy" which in case you don't realize is a derogatory term. I'm an avg American with the right to worship my religion and if it wasn't for the kind of liberal demonizing of protestants, many protestants wouldn't need to make that part of their lives invisible to folks like yourself.

Lastly, you have just repeated what I have said. If you are not immersed in certain cultures and sub-cultures of NY, where asians and whites marry by both sexes, you won't see it.

This convo is relevant to the op because if he indeed would like to date an asian woman, he should probably research what social patterns and dating expectations they have. And no, you don't simply go to K-town and just randomly ask them for their number. That's like telling someone who's into Italian girls to go to little Italy and hook up. You'll get shot down that way. You also exhibit alot of ignorance, because by saying if you wanna find an asian girl just go to Ktown is the kind of thinking that makes you look foolish. There are Korean, Chinese and Japanese women who are very different. I would not generalize you as "African" which would be the analogy.

To the op, you may consider attending meetups based on culture. There is meetup.com and join a group that fits the interests of yourself and potential woman of a different culture and meet more people on a personal level, instead of the random bridge and tunnel style rapid fire speed dating strategy.

Last edited by ControlJohnsons; 04-11-2015 at 09:30 AM..

Old 04-11-2015, 03:01 PM

167 posts, read 305,979 times
Hang out in Astoria, or Flushing and just do stuff.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:51 PM

7 posts, read 11,443 times
Hello Bronx Guy, Please send them my way. I will be thankfull for you if it works out. My email is brooklinite8@gmail.com

Old 04-11-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Menon View Post
Hello Bronx Guy, Please send them my way. I will be thankfull for you if it works out. My email is brooklinite8@gmail.com
Dude. Don't post your email on here like that.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:26 AM

12 posts, read 17,460 times
Be a white man.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:22 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,460,687 times
Hang out on 32nd street between 6th and 7th a lot.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:18 AM

5,096 posts, read 4,956,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I'm sure no chic in her right mind really wants a little stub either.

You are such an unintelligent poster here. Asia, or East Asia in particular, is the most populous continent on earth, which hints at the potent stubs asian dudes have regardless of how big they are. What other magic functions does your fat stub (if any at all...) do that makes it more attractive to your "chic in her right mind"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City