Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 02:34 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
The media blames everyone except for blacks. I blame black women. There wouldn't be all these broken black families if black women had better taste in men.
while you're on the sideline talking sideways and thinking upside-down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 03:26 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
You should have your own TV show.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:47 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Maybe,,,just maybe I'd vote for Good Ole Uncle Al Sharpalatoni for President, almost any day over Hill Bill.

That's not saying much but i can't no way see anybody thinking about Hill Bill, not seriously.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:33 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
The average black person doesn't care about Sharpton (me included)

While all of you guys react, the media laughs at you all.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-18-2015, 04:23 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,411,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The average black person doesn't care about Sharpton (me included)

While all of you guys react, the media laughs at you all.

A thought just occurred to me while reading this thread at-large and then seeing your own posted response here (and we all know about the multitude of other present and past threads that are just fixated on the person of Al Sharpton). I am going to suggest to the American Psychiatric Association that, in the next edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (otherwise known as the DSM, the standard classification system of mental disorders used by mental health professionals in the United States) that they create a classification for a new disorder which can perhaps be called Sharpton Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (or SOCD). It is characterized by an overwhelming obsession with the person of Al Sharpton and absolutely everything he does or doesn't do and absolutely everything he manifests or has manifested in his life. If he sneezes or takes a leak or takes a dump or orders Chinese food or makes an off-color remark or goes out for lunch or dinner with friends or makes a political stance or talks on a TV talk show or releases a press release or picks his nose or puts on a pair of glasses or loses some weight or gains some weight or <etc. etc. etc. . . . ad infinitum>, there are some of our fellow humans that just throw a utter fit or have a mental meltdown or start foaming at the mouth. It is quite an interesting phenomenon. Should this phenomenon be disturbing to the rest of us or just somewhat amusing to the rest of us? Or perhaps both?

Some of these people may well benefit from some serious psychiatric help. I mean a good many other public personalities or celebrities in society-at-large, over the course of time, make or have made rather polarizing comments (even as a pattern or way-of-life for them) or take or have taken stances that everyone doesn't take as the most civil or polite nor agreeable to everyone . . . but do these fellow citizens of ours utterly fixate and obsess on any or all of THEM like they do on the person of Al Sharpton? For instance, Ann Coulter or David Duke or Bill Maher or Dick Cheney or Julian Assange or Michael Moore or Alan Dershowitz or Rick Santorum or Nancy Grace or Whoopie Goldberg or Rosie O’Donnell or Jesse Ventura or Newt Gingrich or Ben Carson and so many hundreds (if not thousands) of others over the course of time? Do they also fixate on the sociopathic and criminal characters of the Italian Mafia all the time (e.g., John Gotti, et al) or of the Irish underworld (e.g,, Whitey Bulger) or of the Jewish white collar criminal world (e.g., Bernie Madoff, Ivan Boesky) or multitudes of others who have perpetuated wrongful and evil deeds? Yet, for some reason(s), they utterly obsess over Al Sharpton like he is so very important to their own sense of mental health and well-being in their very day-to-day lives. Why does he really really really have such power and sway over them? You’d think that, in their minds, he is the Antichrist or Satan himself. Is he any more controversial and polarizing than Ann Coulter or David Duke or Bill Maher or Michael Moore or Rosie O’Donnell or Jesse Ventura or <insert name here>? Or is it just than some people are just utterly preoccupied, fixated, and even continually obsessed with the dimensions of race/ethnicity? Perhaps I should leave it up to the worldwide community of psychatrists, psychologists, and sociologists to figure out the etiology (causality) of this most-intriguing phenomenon.

Even as we speak, there are even a number of other ongoing threads on C-D.com fixating on arousing seeming enmity or hatred toward the person of Al Sharpton. I myself don’t have particular feelings about him one way or the other and I happen to be a Caucasian Jewish man and in my senior years now. I just view him as just another public personality / public intellectual. He is just part of the whole circus which is life-at-large . . . a passing event in my mental landscape. Why get so utterly passionate and vitriolic about him? With as much enmity and passion as Sharpton continually arouses in them, you’d think that he is tantamount to Adolf Hitler or Osama Bin Laden or Ivan the Terrible or Hannibal Lechter or the head of the Ku Klux Klan or Ted Bundy or the Zodiac Killer. As the Spock character on “Star Trek” would sometimes exclaim: “Fascinating! Most fascinating!” It is rather fascinating . . . or at least to me.

P.S.-- As an interesting point to bring up, Bill Maher and Ann Coulter are as different in their political, cultural/social, and religious/philiosophical stances as night and day . . . and yet they are very good friends and even have a fondness for and closeness to one another. You see, one can even be VERY VERY different from you and you can still accept their existence and not wish the worst harm upon them or look to perpetuate the worst harm on them yourself. Think about it!

Last edited by UsAll; 04-18-2015 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-18-2015, 06:59 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
You just wasted more time in Sharpton with that screed than this hater ever has. How ironic. Ps, summary? No way I was reading that novel.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:57 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
A thought just occurred to me while reading this thread at-large and then seeing your own posted response here (and we all know about the multitude of other present and past threads that are just fixated on the person of Al Sharpton). I am going to suggest to the American Psychiatric Association that, in the next edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (otherwise known as the DSM, the standard classification system of mental disorders used by mental health professionals in the United States) that they create a classification for a new disorder which can perhaps be called Sharpton Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (or SOCD). It is characterized by an overwhelming obsession with the person of Al Sharpton and absolutely everything he does or doesn't do and absolutely everything he manifests or has manifested in his life. If he sneezes or takes a leak or takes a dump or orders Chinese food or makes an off-color remark or goes out for lunch or dinner with friends or makes a political stance or talks on a TV talk show or releases a press release or picks his nose or puts on a pair of glasses or loses some weight or gains some weight or <etc. etc. etc. . . . ad infinitum>, there are some of our fellow humans that just throw a utter fit or have a mental meltdown or start foaming at the mouth. It is quite an interesting phenomenon. Should this phenomenon be disturbing to the rest of us or just somewhat amusing to the rest of us? Or perhaps both?

Some of these people may well benefit from some serious psychiatric help. I mean a good many other public personalities or celebrities in society-at-large, over the course of time, make or have made rather polarizing comments (even as a pattern or way-of-life for them) or take or have taken stances that everyone doesn't take as the most civil or polite nor agreeable to everyone . . . but do these fellow citizens of ours utterly fixate and obsess on any or all of THEM like they do on the person of Al Sharpton? For instance, Ann Coulter or David Duke or Bill Maher or Dick Cheney or Julian Assange or Michael Moore or Alan Dershowitz or Rick Santorum or Nancy Grace or Whoopie Goldberg or Rosie O’Donnell or Jesse Ventura or Newt Gingrich or Ben Carson and so many hundreds (if not thousands) of others over the course of time? Do they also fixate on the sociopathic and criminal characters of the Italian Mafia all the time (e.g., John Gotti, et al) or of the Irish underworld (e.g,, Whitey Bulger) or of the Jewish white collar criminal world (e.g., Bernie Madoff, Ivan Boesky) or multitudes of others who have perpetuated wrongful and evil deeds? Yet, for some reason(s), they utterly obsess over Al Sharpton like he is so very important to their own sense of mental health and well-being in their very day-to-day lives. Why does he really really really have such power and sway over them? You’d think that, in their minds, he is the Antichrist or Satan himself. Is he any more controversial and polarizing than Ann Coulter or David Duke or Bill Maher or Michael Moore or Rosie O’Donnell or Jesse Ventura or <insert name here>? Or is it just than some people are just utterly preoccupied, fixated, and even continually obsessed with the dimensions of race/ethnicity? Perhaps I should leave it up to the worldwide community of psychatrists, psychologists, and sociologists to figure out the etiology (causality) of this most-intriguing phenomenon.

Even as we speak, there are even a number of other ongoing threads on C-D.com fixating on arousing seeming enmity or hatred toward the person of Al Sharpton. I myself don’t have particular feelings about him one way or the other and I happen to be a Caucasian Jewish man and in my senior years now. I just view him as just another public personality / public intellectual. He is just part of the whole circus which is life-at-large . . . a passing event in my mental landscape. Why get so utterly passionate and vitriolic about him? With as much enmity and passion as Sharpton continually arouses in them, you’d think that he is tantamount to Adolf Hitler or Osama Bin Laden or Ivan the Terrible or Hannibal Lechter or the head of the Ku Klux Klan or Ted Bundy or the Zodiac Killer. As the Spock character on “Star Trek” would sometimes exclaim: “Fascinating! Most fascinating!” It is rather fascinating . . . or at least to me.

P.S.-- As an interesting point to bring up, Bill Maher and Ann Coulter are as different in their political, cultural/social, and religious/philiosophical stances as night and day . . . and yet they are very good friends and even have a fondness for and closeness to one another. You see, one can even be VERY VERY different from you and you can still accept their existence and not wish the worst harm upon them or look to perpetuate the worst harm on them yourself. Think about it!
You know I think we should seriously consider making SOCD a serious mental disorder. How about we start diagnosing some of our fellow CD members?

Old 04-19-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
You know I think we should seriously consider making SOCD a serious mental disorder. How about we start diagnosing some of our fellow CD members?
Yes, it is worthy of an in-depth longitudinal study perhaps funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) or the National Institutes of Health (NIH) or perhaps even the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). A most interesting and fascinating phenomenon, perhaps even being meriting of a brand new classicification in the DSM Manual of the American Psychatric Association. As "Spock" of Star Trek fame would say: "Fascinating! Most fascinating!"

Old 04-19-2015, 04:52 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
throw that guy in jail already just for the 4.50 million he owes in state , local and federal taxes . he has 3 million in liens against him.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
throw that guy in jail already just for the 4.50 million he owes in state , local and federal taxes . he has 3 million in liens against him.

OK, I can agree if it is a matter of someone being a willful tax cheat and to such a degree beyond the perfunctory (not simply missing out on paying some taxes as a mere oversight or misunderstanding of how the tax code is written). After all, I am a person who believes in "playing by the rules' and "law and order" on everyone's part. But then your crowd who think like you should as well get on the case of absolutely everyone who is a tax cheat and, if warranted, throw them in prison . . . whether it is Hillary Clinton or Chris Christie or Rush Limbaugh or Phil Donahue or Al Sharpton or Ronald Reagan or Donald Trump or Leona Helmsley or whomever.

Get my point? My point is that I don't think that it truly truly really really disturbs those who have a continual enmity towards Al Sharpton that "someone" or "anyone" (whomever that someone is) missed out on filing their taxes properly. I think it is just an example of how those folks will look for any or nearly any reason(s) at all to constantly bring down or berate Al Sharpton because they don't like what he represents or what they perceive him as representing in their own minds. I highly highly doubt that if Mayor Rudy Giuliani or Mayor Michael Bloomberg or Police Commissioner William Bratton or Bill O'Reilly or Liza Minelli or Donald Trump or Simon Fuller or whomever else was found to owe a host of back taxes, all of you who incessantly start thread after thread after thread over the great course of time about Al Sharpton (always aiming to paint him up like the Devil Incarnate . . . the very personification of evil itself) will do the same for ALL these other persons. Be honest wiith all of us and just come out and admit that you have a ingrained vendetta against the person of Al Sharpton and will jump on nearly anything at all to bring him down (e.g., if he picks his nose with the wrong finger, your crowd will read him the Riot Act and call for his public flogging). I'm not a stupid person. I am intelligent enough to be able to read between the lines.

Last edited by UsAll; 04-19-2015 at 01:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: