Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 02:00 PM

102 posts, read 145,833 times

Advertisements

As a WASPy guy in NYC I came to the opinion that the white girls in town are terrible people. Obviously, I did not meet all of them, but those that I did were superficial and bitchy.

I'd had a lot of experience with white girls in the south and midwest and the difference could not be any starker. Immigrant Asians are the best the city has to offer these days imo. Independent, well-educated, keep themselves in shape, and not as self-centered as the "native" girls. Everyone is looking for something different, though, and there are always exceptions to the group. But these days I don't expect to find anything good in the white girls here.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:19 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is very true to a certain . It's the women who are attracted to certain types of men and they usually land then or net them. For the past few years here in NYC is see plenty of larger women with smaller guys or guys who are very attractive. Again nothing wrong with that. First off the attractive guy does not really like larger or unattractive women but just wants an easy lay, while the larger or unattractive women gets an ego boost for landing a good looking man to be with her. Again I briefly dated a transplant from LA, she is black and on the large side. In LA she never had a boyfriend, but when she moved to NYC she had more men than her fingers can count. Sadly I wasn't her type.
I'm a little confused. If you dated her, how were you not her type. Was she settling. What made you feel this way.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:35 PM

Skinny girls are a lot of work. That's not a white thing either that is just in general. For me personally, I'm attracted to the facial features of skinny women. But that is where the attraction ends.

Personally, I don't believe that skinny women truly want men like me, of any race. I think they want men who actually appreciate their physique, which is understandable. I'm not saying that a guy like myself won't hang around. But I am suggesting that the temptation to step out with the thick girl is always there.

I don't know about chubby chasers. For me personally, it is about a nice face and a woman that just happens to be bigger than most. I couldn't be with an ugly fat girl. Sure you caught me with some ugly skinny girls back in the day. They had a nice personality. But I didn't come around to big girls until my early twenties in college.

I was sick of the skinny girls BS. The fat girls were always nice. I had a few opportunities I passed on. Then I was hooked up with a girl that had a little weight, more than most. I wasn't really attracted to her though. Then I pursued another chubby girl and another. I finally met my wife a few years later. But even if I were out there again, I couldn't be with a big girl for the sake of being with one. I'm just not diametrically opposed to it, like most men are.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:48 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Skinny girls are a lot of work. That's not a white thing either that is just in general. For me personally, I'm attracted to the facial features of skinny women. But that is where the attraction ends.

Personally, I don't believe that skinny women truly want men like me, of any race. I think they want men who actually appreciate their physique, which is understandable. I'm not saying that a guy like myself won't hang around. But I am suggesting that the temptation to step out with the thick girl is always there.

I don't know about chubby chasers. For me personally, it is about a nice face and a woman that just happens to be bigger than most. I couldn't be with an ugly fat girl. Sure you caught me with some ugly skinny girls back in the day. They had a nice personality. But I didn't come around to big girls until my early twenties in college.

I was sick of the skinny girls BS. The fat girls were always nice. I had a few opportunities I passed on. Then I was hooked up with a girl that had a little weight, more than most. I wasn't really attracted to her though. Then I pursued another chubby girl and another. I finally met my wife a few years later. But even if I were out there again, I couldn't be with a big girl for the sake of being with one. I'm just not diametrically opposed to it, like most men are.
I'm no "chubby chaser", but I think girls with this type of build are so unattractive.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I'm no "chubby chaser", but I think girls with this type of build are so unattractive.
Not my thing either. Personally, I think everyone starts off from a similar place. White, blonde hair, blue eyes, slim. If you're black she might be light skinned, but still slim. This is what the media feeds us. This is how were socialized.

But life experience takes us in a different direction. Those images in the media, I didn't have a lot in common with those girls. So you develop a unique attraction to those that reciprocate your actions.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:08 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,247,324 times
Quote:
Not my thing either. Personally, I think everyone starts off from a similar place. White, blonde hair, blue eyes, slim. If you're black she might be light skinned, but still slim. This is what the media feeds us. This is how were socialized.

But life experience takes us in a different direction. Those images in the media, I didn't have a lot in common with those girls. So you develop a unique attraction to those that reciprocate your actions.
there are 2 extremes tho.. that girl in the pic is way too skinny, but there's a line, that most guys won't cross regardless if they closet case of a larger girl. Beyond 5'7" 150lb is too much for me and most people i know.

media goes both ways.. saying nice big ass is attractive, as they push via entertainment and kim kardashian. i find that just as gross as the anorexic.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
there are 2 extremes tho.. that girl in the pic is way too skinny, but there's a line, that most guys won't cross regardless if they closet case of a larger girl. Beyond 5'7" 150lb is too much for me and most people i know.

media goes both ways.. saying nice big ass is attractive, as they push via entertainment and kim kardashian. i find that just as gross as the anorexic.
It does go both ways. I think we're in an age where the media is trying to have something for everyone. But I know growing up the standards were very slim and extremely narrow. Back in the eighties, nineties. Even if it is not for me, I can appreciate the fact that there is a different standard being upheld, for those that are into it.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:19 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,247,324 times
Quote:
It does go both ways. I think we're in an age where the media is trying to have something for everyone. But I know growing up the standards were very slim and extremely narrow. Back in the eighties, nineties. Even if it is not for me, I can appreciate the fact that there is a different standard being upheld, for those that are into it.
i like a good medium.. and it's not good that the media won't reward girls for being nourished, have nice healthy rosy cheeks and in good physical shape.. cos those girls always feel insecure that they aren't skinny enough or their chest and ass isn't big enough. media only pushes extremes.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
i like a good medium.. and it's not good that the media won't reward girls for being nourished, have nice healthy rosy cheeks and in good physical shape.. cos those girls always feel insecure that they aren't skinny enough or their chest and ass isn't big enough. media only pushes extremes.
I think that comes down to the power of a dollar. Women say that they want to see healthy women in the media but then continue to support media that does not show healthy women. Then you see the same women trying to squeeze into an outfit that is entirely too small for them. One could blame the women that are going out for these positions but then you can also blame the fact that women continue to support the same media that fat shames them.

Then you have this whole idea of giving moral support to those women that are that size naturally (or at least claim to be). It is like they have co-opted the energy of the "Black lives matter" movement or taken up some LGBT cause or some civil rights movement for people that are truly discriminated against. When that has been the standard since the sixties, how are they being excluded? So the media is screwed either way.

Someone is manipulating someone on some level, but these are apple and orange arguments that are very difficult to prove one way or the other.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:52 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
I'm a little confused. If you dated her, how were you not her type. Was she settling. What made you feel this way.
I had sensed it and she could not tell me. I had to get the answer out of her. No she was not settling. If your a woman and moved to NYC a city that has the world at your grasp, are you going to settle to be with an average Joe? No! Mind you she is not pretty herself, just cute in the face but she weights 250. I think what changed her is the amount of attention she got from guys here compared to back home, and probably gave her an huge ego boost. She was that into me because I lacked some sort of physical attraction. Here in this city for a good portion of women, physical attraction is very important and deal breaker if they like a guy or not. Now I'm up front with any woman now if they find me attractive or not. It makes no sense wasting, time, money and energy on someone if they don't really want to be with you but hiding it deep down inside due to lack of attraction which wont lite chemistry. This is very common for most of my all my male friends in this city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City