Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2015, 09:42 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,971,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Does that include those who grew up in NYC Metro area suburbs?
Hmm good question. I find suburban white women from the area pretty solid.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:20 PM

484 posts, read 557,966 times
Want a way to meet quality women in places where you can talk without shouting, don't have to buy anyone a drink, and the odds are that you'll be the only straight guy there, surrounded by ten, twenty or thirty women?

Any of one of these suggestions would work:
1. Wander into a yarn store. Ask a few questions.
2. Register for a beginning knitting or crochet class.
3. If you've got very little money, get a pair of knitting needles, one skein of yarn and watch a few Youtube videos about beginning knitting. Go to a knitting group and ask for help with your project.
4. There are weekly knitting groups that meet for free in bars and coffee shops across New York. You can drop in on a few of them, and if you don't see anyone interesting, leave and come back the next week. Or go to a different one.
5. There are also entire knitting conferences where you could be the only (or one of the very few) straight guys among thousands of women.

How to find knitting groups/conferences? There's a social media center for knitters and crocheters at www.ravelry.com Register there and then look for the New York City knitting groups, they are all over the city.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:02 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,340,191 times
Take a class at Mimi For Me Yoga in Jackson Heights. There are a lot of women and just a handful of men. They are nice, down to earth, and range in age and race/ethnicity (White, Black, Latina, N. Asian, S. Asian). No BS, no pretense. Even if you don't meet someone, you will get an excellent workout.

Mimi For Me Yoga | Jackson Heights, NY 11372

Old 12-13-2015, 01:34 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,894,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsogradbrad View Post
I have a very hard time believing this.
Well, among all the races of women, white women seem to have the strongest preference for their own:

How Your Race Affects The Messages You Get « OkTrends

This has been observed in other dating sites as well.

Before you argue that "that's just online dating, it's very different in the real world", I'll say that yes, you may have better luck IRL but I think online people express their true preferences because the fear of being politically incorrect and called out for it is far lesser.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:38 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,340,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
Well, among all the races of women, white women seem to have the strongest preference for their own:

How Your Race Affects The Messages You Get « OkTrends

This has been observed in other dating sites as well.

Before you argue that "that's just online dating, it's very different in the real world", I'll say that yes, you may have better luck IRL but I think online people express their true preferences because the fear of being politically incorrect and called out for it is far lesser.
Additionally, people probably have concerns about their raising mixed race children in a world where that isn't fully acceptable yet.

Last edited by queensgrl; 12-13-2015 at 01:58 PM..

Old 12-13-2015, 02:27 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,202,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lots of white women in NYC, mainly the transient or transplant types are very pretentious. They came to NYC to move up in the world, want the best of the best of everything and so forth. It really makes me sick, however that's them. Nothing wrong with that, but after reading a book called dateonomics, career educated white women have the world stack against them and it does not look promising if they keep on holding out, and go with Mr. Ivy who is sleeping around 4 other women and has an Asian girlfriend.

While the native white women to a certain degree are highly stuckup, and get caught up in a vicious cycle of in and out of relationships baggage along with adolescent mindset. Not that much different from Latina and black women from NYC.

If you want a white woman, my best bet is to go outside of NYC, just be cautious of white women who are born here, and white women who moved here.
I love how you judge a whole race of woman on probably only a few experiences.
If someone would say this about another race people would cry racism but you say it about white woman...hmmm no worries.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:55 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,318,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsharp01 View Post
I totally agree with you ElysianEagle, and anybody who doesn't believe you, has never lived in Manhattan, White Women if you are non-white are much harder to hook up with, and I personally think that if your a good person of a miniority group and they don't want to hook up with you, well it's ok, as a lot of times she might not be worth it anyways, who wants to be with a materialistic woman, when your money's gone, she's gone, good luck with that sort of woman. Plus many aren't traditional, if you marry her you'll probably have to order out a lot. Many are not even lady like anymore, they're like guys now.
and some have really dirty mouths, I mean I was at Washington Square Park last Summer and I could hear these young white girls just being very explicit about relationships and cursing, very unlady like, they have forgotten how to be a lady. I believe feminism is going to ultimately ruin American Women, I don't think it will work for them, am not against women having a career, I encourage it, I don't hate women, I just think they're going too far, hopefully not all.
I'd agree with this in general. I don't use online dating for the time being but, when I did, was surprised by the percentage of white women in the NYC area that explicitly stated a preference for white men. It was high enough that I could not afford (mathematically) to exclude all of them, as that would take a lot of potential matches off the table.

Anecdotally, you'll the the same phenomenon as pretty white women here in the NYC area will most often be seen with pretty white men. That said, the population here is large enough that the number of exceptions will be fairly high even if that doesn't represent a large percentage of cases.

I have found NYC to be a rather social city, so taking that first step (which is not something I am very good at) can really help. Despite my experience with racial and ethnic preferences, I still maintain that I'm the single largest impediment to my success with the ladies as I haven't been as assertive in making introductions, chatting, asking for a card/contact info, etc. This method may fail in most cases but there are so many people here that one's success rate could be well below 1% and they're still in a happy relationship.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:36 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,840,687 times
as a gay man I can officially say that they are the ugliest demographic ever (in my opinion) and before this comment gets yanked, the whole thread should get yanked since it's racist anyway. But yeah, white women? oooof.

Last edited by Aquarius37; 12-13-2015 at 05:45 PM..

Old 12-13-2015, 05:47 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,318,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
as a gay man I can officially say that they are the ugliest demographic ever (in my opinion) and before this comment gets yanked, the whole thread should get yanked since it's racist anyway. But yeah, white women? oooof.
Why do you feel this way?

Old 12-13-2015, 07:14 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,057,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Why do you feel this way?
Who cares? Every post I remember reading from this guy is full of hate about something. IMO It's best to ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.