Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 07:13 AM

25,364 posts, read 36,926,332 times

Advertisements

Only one parent has the legal right to continue or terminate a pregnancy, as SHE chooses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 01:34 PM

93 posts, read 109,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Only one parent has the legal right to continue or terminate a pregnancy, as SHE chooses.
Eventually this planet will be so overcrowded people will need licences to have a kid and not just spray unwanted babies around

Old 11-17-2015, 10:29 AM

25,364 posts, read 36,926,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hand View Post
Eventually this planet will be so overcrowded people will need licences to have a kid and not just spray unwanted babies around
Unfortunately it will come too little and too late.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:56 PM
gqa

175 posts, read 152,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You ejaculate. You assume responsibility.
Your reasoning is why so many kids are eff'd up out here and on the streets. So many, not all, of these women are having kids for selfish reasons that have nothing to do with love because you can tell by their actions. Men and women both have responsibility here but you would think with the abundance of evidence that women are usually left with the child and the hardships the child and mother go thru regardless if the man Pays child support or not. Women can't continue to complain about their hardships when they very willing to have multiple kids with losers. Our society and community will continue to suffer when we have a majority of children raised in single parent homes especially when women are the single parent. I know for a fact many of these women plan to have these children alone and have no need for a man except four C.S.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:26 PM

26 posts, read 40,126 times
Default How child support works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I hope she got a raise to match the decrease in child support. Otherwise the child is the one who is hurt. How is it fair to shift more responsibility to her just because your son, who never got behind, wants to save a few bucks?

It' the law and besides that he has full visitation which includes weekdays as well as weekends. He has to pay rent/food and other things. They do have to come out of the park sometimes

Old 11-30-2015, 05:14 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,733,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crrsj4 View Post
Update on child support. The courts ruled in favor of modification according to the letter of the law and my son was granted legal and joint custody of his son. The system does work when you can prove your case. Child support is based on current income. He never was in arrears and stayed current.
I find it interesting the Magistrate made such a ruling. It's been my experience that to reduce child support the Court needs the mother's consent. Change of circumstances didn't matter. It was all up to the mother to agree.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:43 PM

415 posts, read 511,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The income declined VOLUNTARILY.

How is that for reading comprehension challenged?

Poor kid.

The original poster gave an update which informed us that support was lowered per guidelines.

So, I was right and you're stupid. Seriously: you're freaking dumb. Really dumb. I guarantee you've around an 85 IQ.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:29 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,202,319 times
Quote:
My son's job reduced his salary and hours, his child support stayed at the rate of his previous income. The courts stated that because he has the potential to make his past income he must find full time employment. He is currently completing some college courses to better his chances for a higher salary. He is working and going to school. Has anyone heard of this? Any answers to this. He sees his son alternate weekends and every Tuesday for a sleep over. No arrears.
Quote:
Update on child support. The courts ruled in favor of modification according to the letter of the law and my son was granted legal and joint custody of his son. The system does work when you can prove your case. Child support is based on current income. He never was in arrears and stayed current.
Quote:
It' the law and besides that he has full visitation which includes weekdays as well as weekends. He has to pay rent/food and other things. They do have to come out of the park sometimes

My brother worked full time (40 hours a week), went to night school full time 4 nights a week and took care of his two sons full time. So your son is taking some courses, working part time and not having full custody of his child. Something says your son is lazy and his mother approves of it. Or else you would Get your son out there working, going to school, raising his child FULL time. Part time is all he is right now of everything.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:34 PM

415 posts, read 511,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
My brother worked full time (40 hours a week), went to night school full time 4 nights a week and took care of his two sons full time. So your son is taking some courses, working part time and not having full custody of his child. Something says your son is lazy and his mother approves of it. Or else you would Get your son out there working, going to school, raising his child FULL time. Part time is all he is right now of everything.
How dare you call this persons son "lazy"? Seriously - who the **** do you think you are?? What a judgmental piece crap you are.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:02 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,202,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
How dare you call this persons son "lazy"? Seriously - who the **** do you think you are?? What a judgmental piece crap you are.
If the shoe fits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: