Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:43 PM

205 posts, read 246,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
If the shoe fits.
this is so funny when the father is working and going to school and caring for the child he is lazy, but when a dirty bird is caring for a child full time and doing nothing else its "the hardest full time job in the world" its a 24/7 job,, please please please... and the dirty bird's are getting free housing, free food, free child care, what a joke you have some nerve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 10:52 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,624,543 times
So much for having kids. Marry an older woman...

Old 12-04-2015, 10:17 AM

26 posts, read 40,393 times
Quote:
My brother worked full time (40 hours a week), went to night school full time 4 nights a week and took care of his two sons full time. So your son is taking some courses, working part time and not having full custody of his child. Something says your son is lazy and his mother approves of it. Or else you would Get your son out there working, going to school, raising his child FULL time. Part time is all he is right now of everything.

Let's stop with the name calling ok, my son is also carrying full credits and he also puts in a full work week. The info I shared was about a child support ruling on an income that was reduced. My son has also moved on to a better job and yes I will support him when he's doing what's right, but the issue of concern was about the legal part of his case. Good luck to your brother I know of a few young men who are doing the same thing as being a full/shared dads they all need support as you may know.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:53 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,234,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crrsj4 View Post
Let's stop with the name calling ok, my son is also carrying full credits and he also puts in a full work week. The info I shared was about a child support ruling on an income that was reduced. My son has also moved on to a better job and yes I will support him when he's doing what's right, but the issue of concern was about the legal part of his case. Good luck to your brother I know of a few young men who are doing the same thing as being a full/shared dads they all need support as you may know.
I'm confused as you said earlier your son got reduced hours and was only working part time also that he shares custody with the mother. So are you saying now he is in school full time and working full time now? What is the custody agreement?

Old 12-04-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I'm confused as you said earlier your son got reduced hours and was only working part time also that he shares custody with the mother. So are you saying now he is in school full time and working full time now? What is the custody agreement?

Yes,he now has a new job and yes he's carrying full credits. His custody agreement is joint legal and custody, the mom has physical custody. He has his son weekly for one overnight and every other weekends from Friday until Monday, family helps with pick up and drop off

Old 12-04-2015, 12:36 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,234,522 times
Quote:
Yes,he now has a new job and yes he's carrying full credits. His custody agreement is joint legal and custody, the mom has physical custody. He has his son weekly for one overnight and every other weekends from Friday until Monday, family helps with pick up and drop off
Ok my apologies then. From the way your post sounded your son was working part time as well as going to school part time while only having his child part time and wanted to pay less for child support.

I think its great he's now working full time and going to school full time. I don't know what he pays for child support but I do hope it is a decent amount that that will help his child out.

My friends chid's father is currently fighting to pay less when he only pays $150 a month and hasn't even paid it in months. She's a single mother working full time and $150 a month is a joke of an amount to raise a child on yet he can't even pay that little. That's not even $40 a week.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Ok my apologies then. From the way your post sounded your son was working part time as well as going to school part time while only having his child part time and wanted to pay less for child support.

I think its great he's now working full time and going to school full time. I don't know what he pays for child support but I do hope it is a decent amount that that will help his child out.

My friends chid's father is currently fighting to pay less when he only pays $150 a month and hasn't even paid it in months. She's a single mother working full time and $150 a month is a joke of an amount to raise a child on yet he can't even pay that little. That's not even $40 a week.
Thank you. No way on earth would I support my son if he was not doing the right thing by his son. This is my first grandchild and I want the best for him from both parents. He has no arrears

Old 12-04-2015, 05:20 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,595,511 times
Quote:
His income may have been reduced but his child's needs were not. Now the mom has to pick up the slack.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:17 PM

725 posts, read 805,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
It's obvious he's handling it better than you, since he's not the one complaining and posting on a message board about it.

I know his income went down but did the cost of raising a child suddenly go down too?
The question is does the cost of caring for the child equal his old payment amount? If so then it is understandable for the rate to stay the same but if there was exact child support above the basis requirements for care then it is completely absurd for child support to stay the same. Capacity to earn a given rate is based on the market and not on a judges word.

Personally I find the whole concept of child support absurd when being separate from the mother is not his choice and being separate from the kid is not his choice. If you have physical custody of your kid you should be the one paying for his or her care. Yes ideally a father should support his child lavishly but that is determined by the job market which can suck. Criminalizing fathers for the inability to pay child support is criminal. If a child support case ever makes it to a jury, vote not guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: