Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 01:33 PM

57 posts, read 138,126 times

Advertisements

So low and behold I was called today to go look at a traditional studio apartment.

So this studio will be in one of the older buildings I'm assuming?

Does this mean I will be nearer to or farther from the train station?

And this building may have infestation issues based on what allnaturalkiki said above?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 10:56 AM

Just signed my lease for a studio in parkchester South.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,131 times
Congrats! We just submitted our app for a 1 BR and are hoping for a speedy approval.

Best of luck and keep us updated on the process/how it goes!

Old 04-30-2015, 02:15 PM

493 posts, read 511,572 times
I think you will be fine. I don't know what building your in but if you keep it really clean you shouldn't have any bugs for a while.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeShouldBeAffordable View Post
Congrats! We just submitted our app for a 1 BR and are hoping for a speedy approval.

Will do! Thanks!

Old 04-30-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeShouldBeAffordable View Post

And good luck!

Old 04-30-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalkiki View Post
I think you will be fine. I don't know what building your in but if you keep it really clean you shouldn't have any bugs for a while.
Thanks.

I just moved my stuff in today but I'm not going to officially move in for a couple of weeks maybe.

I know the secret to getting rid of roaches lol but waterbugs are a whole different animal. would hate to have a problem with mice too.

I'm liking the area I'm in though. Walking distance to the train and all the stores.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:19 PM

493 posts, read 511,572 times
If you don't hate cats. I would recommend a cat bc there is a bit of a mice problem in the complex. Don't know what floor your on but higher floors usually don't get waterbugs. Most of the people in my building have roaches but i have none. I put essential oils around the perimeter of my home. Clean anywhere like the sinks, toliet, drains, with ammonia.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:23 PM

503 posts, read 898,505 times
Quote:
If you don't hate cats. I would recommend a cat bc there is a bit of a mice problem in the complex. Don't know what floor your on but higher floors usually don't get waterbugs. Most of the people in my building have roaches but i have none. I put essential oils around the perimeter of my home. Clean anywhere like the sinks, toliet, drains, with ammonia.
yikes, good luck with that

Old 04-30-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I'm allergic to cats

Damn I don't want mice or waterbugs lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City