Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think you will do?
Vote a Democrat, Republican, or Independent 7 77.78%
Protest 1 11.11%
Do something new for once 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 05:15 PM

3 posts, read 2,554 times

Advertisements

Currently the situation on racism is going out of control all around the country. Baltimore is in anarchy while black americans are being persecuted against by a select few of the police force. Is this really the kind of country we want to live in? Last time I checked we are all americans and our race does not matter in the eyes of the God/Gods we believe in. (I hope so) Protests will not solve anything, it will simply make the situation worse. I blame this country's recent failures in our internal affairs on our two major political parties. The Democrats and Republicans have ruled this nation since the beginning, there has been great successes but also terrible failures. These two parties have limited our choices in the way the country is run. They may be different from each other in the eyes of the ordinary person, however they are really the same thing when you compare them to different nations. The Third Parties in America should be given a chance for once, in order to fix this country we need more choices. The only choices we have right now is to Protest, pick a new political party to make our nation great once again, or do the same thing we have for 300 years.

This is not me trying to convince anyone to do anything different, I am just giving you an idea. An idea to do something different the upcoming Presidential Election, your choice could change our country forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 07:19 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Old 04-30-2015, 07:31 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayren Rowe View Post
This is not me trying to convince anyone to do anything different, I am just giving you an idea. An idea to do something different the upcoming Presidential Election, your choice could change our country forever.
Its not going to matter to do something different since you have the same mentality in Congress. Chopping one tree down in a dead forest is futile, so we are right back to picking the lesser of two evils most of the time. We all saw how it worked out for Obama. Republicans spent both his terms waging War against the President, instead of trying to help the Country move along. Big money is not going to allow sweeping change, and right or wrong, that's just a fact. There is "Hope" but there is going to have to be a lot more misery than we have yet seen. Until the working class gets so fed up with the big money running Washington, look for a lot of the same. Change is not going to be peaceful, not will it be achieved by voting. Its gone too far, too long, and you can't fight big money by voting for one man or another. Just my opinion.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:41 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
As they say, if you cannot graduate grade 2, why move on to grade 3? A better option would be stay at 2 or go back to grade 1.

A third party? Some anti-police 3rd party led by compromised leaders like deblasio who will advocate for soft policies against criminals? Why and how can they be different and magical to solve the snowballing race problems?

Ask yourself, did the recent race tensions arise from police going after innocent law abiding blacks? Yes, there was that case where a rookie nyc cop shot an innocent black in the dark, which he deserves whatever the law orders for him. Other than that, all the protests have been about black criminals being pursued by the police as they should have been.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:07 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
I hope Ralph runs again...is he still alive?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:50 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Wait a sec. A small percentage of people in Baltimore are rioting. Don't claim that the city is in anarchy.

Protests are difficult in the short run, but great in the long run.

Oh, and Ralph Nader is not only alive - he has a new book out and I recently went to hear him speak to a packed room at B&N.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:45 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Republican all the way, every time. I'll never vote for a democrat because they are either slobbering at the mouth to take my guns away or they support those who are. I made that mistake when I stupidly voted for Obama the second time around. I won't make it again. As a proud 2nd Amendment zealot, I have no qualm stating that I don't even look to see who the Republican candidate is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: