Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 12:04 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,181,006 times

Advertisements

Dania Ramirez!!!!

That woman is gorgeous!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:05 PM

34 posts, read 190,990 times
This is the range of what the majority of Dominicans in NYC/NJ will fall under:

Old 04-17-2008, 12:07 PM

Let me know if I misreprensested them in any way.
Thanks

Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,986,919 times
Those are the pics I was expecting of the REAL Dominicans..and the ladies are just as beautiful

Old 04-17-2008, 12:13 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,181,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Those are the pics I was expecting of the REAL Dominicans..and the ladies are just as beautiful
Yeah if anyone wants to provide more pictures of Dania Ramirez to prove a point, go ahead! I have absolutely no problems with that!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Oh, ok. I just wanted to make sure that what I see is the same as what other posters think they look like.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:56 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,001,737 times
Carolina Venya ta buenisima.

Translation:

Carolina Venga is hot!!

Old 04-18-2008, 06:10 AM

113 posts, read 382,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIBONEY View Post
There are historical reasons (not purely racial) as to why the majority of white/light in all of LatinAmerica are better off on average.
Then what are they. My mother is from Puerto Rico, her great-grandparents having immigrated from Galicia in the 1870's. I think if we objectively look at immigration patterns under Spanish rule (post-Bolivar) in the Americas we will see that their were very few immigrants recruited from West Africa while their were many (Spanish, Galicians, Catalans, Basques, French, Sardinians, Croats, Irish, Bavarians) RECRUITED from Western Europe.

The social order you speak of rose in response to this POLITICAL reality which was that Spanish policy in the Americas encouraged European CATHOLIC settlement.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden Assassin View Post
Then what are they. My mother is from Puerto Rico, her great-grandparents having immigrated from Galicia in the 1870's. I think if we objectively look at immigration patterns under Spanish rule (post-Bolivar) in the Americas we will see that their were very few immigrants recruited from West Africa while their were many (Spanish, Galicians, Catalans, Basques, French, Sardinians, Croats, Irish, Bavarians) RECRUITED from Western Europe.

The social order you speak of rose in response to this POLITICAL reality which was that Spanish policy in the Americas encouraged European CATHOLIC settlement.
I'll give you some easily verifiable facts:

-The Spanish criollos (descendants of Spanish colonist born in the Americas) were already in the top tier of LatinAmericas' socioeconomic/class order.
They were second only to the Peninsulares (Spaniards from Spain proper).

-The Native Amerindian and African slave population formed the very bottom.
The Spanish criollos (many times with Native,African Slave, or mixed leaders & armies) led the fight for independence from Spain.

-When the LatinAmericans achieved their independence from Spain, and the abolition of slavery came to be, these criollo families already formed the elite of society. Of course, here and there were others of African/Native or mixed descent. But the majority of the elite in society were formed by these Spanish descendants.

-Actually there was no West African immigration post-Bolivar. After the slave trade was ended, and abolition of slavery came to pass, there were no more West Africans imported as slaves or immigration.

-The LatinAmerican ex-colonies did receive and encouraged alot of immigration from the areas you mentioned. And yes, they discouraged immigration from Jews, Muslims, Gypsies, Moors, Protestants.

Regarding DR itself, it is more characterized by white flight (due to the Haitian invasions) than alot of immigration like Cuba or Puerto Rico.
Many of the elite white families of DR left to Cuba, Puerto Rico, or Venezuela.
Some came back, along with Cubans & Puerto Ricans.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 AM

By the way, I saw that the pics of Dominicans that displayed Eurodescendancy caused alot of comments.

Question, does anyone comment when Mexicans make a billion TV shows the show people that represent maybe 9% of the Mex. populatioin?
Or if a Mexican showed pics of their usual models displaying a white and/or castiza phenotype?

I am not attacking Mexicans in any way, I't's just a curious observation (I have my own theory).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City