Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:44 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
"This kind of stuff was less frequent under Giuliani/Bloomberg because kids knew cops would beat the crap out of them if they went wilding.

Thanks Deblasio.
Glad I moved to the suburbs"

Am I the only one who sees the problem with this statement? You say it as if it's a bad thing that the police aren't beating the hell out of people anymore.
You're not the only one. I just decided to ignore the foolishness rather than dignifying it with a response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 10:21 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
"This kind of stuff was less frequent under Giuliani/Bloomberg because kids knew cops would beat the crap out of them if they went wilding.

Thanks Deblasio.

Am I the only one who sees the problem with this statement? You say it as if it's a bad thing that the police aren't beating the hell out of people anymore.
There's a happy medium there somewhere. That kid in the white t-shirt looked like he needed a little soul slapped out of him. If his parents wont do it then maybe a couple of 190 lb cops taking his narrow butt down and throwing him in the back of the squad car would do him some good.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:35 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,805 times
These southern protestants need to stay clear of the high fructose corn syrup and salty fried food. Like the gremlins being getting wet the corn syrup and salty fried stuff makes them go absolutely bonkers.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:51 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
It was on Flatbush and Fulton, which is the border of Fort Greene and Downtown Brooklyn. Very $$$ area to live in now. Of course, it's not far from the bad parts of Brooklyn, and the schools there are still awful for the most part.
Ah okay. I know that area. Ft. Greene still has housing projects that are very nearby.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:31 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You're not the only one. I just decided to ignore the foolishness rather than dignifying it with a response
Smart man! lol.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:43 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:

Thanks Deblasio.

Sometimes kids need a good ass whooping every now and then. And obviously the parents aren't up for the challenge. So its either their teachers, cops, or delayed until they eventually end up in jail. Teachers can't anymore and cops soon won't be able to either. I'm pretty sure these kids will end up in jail one day or dead before their time. They most definitely will not excel in life, thats for sure. Born losers to loser parents.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:45 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Fulton Mall is a ghetto attraction. Its a damn shame considered it being surrounded by such nice neighborhoods.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:54 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Smart man! lol.
Yeah, basically I do the same for a number of posters/comments

Old 05-15-2015, 01:04 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Sometimes kids need a good ass whooping every now and then. And obviously the parents aren't up for the challenge. So its either their teachers, cops, or delayed until they eventually end up in jail. Teachers can't anymore and cops soon won't be able to either. I'm pretty sure these kids will end up in jail one day or dead before their time. They most definitely will not excel in life, thats for sure. Born losers to loser parents.
But we now have free full day pre-k which will erase all achievement gaps and behavior problems early on. So it's all good in the hood. As for the folks in the video, especially the one recording. They should enroll him at LaGuardia HS considering his multitasking talent at shouting for the good Samaritan to be killed while simultaneously filming.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:27 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Not really true. Many of these parents do beat their kids.

But what good is it going to do to beat the kids when the parents themselves set such horrible examples? The Baltimore Mom applauded for slapping her son? She is a single mother of six, never married and has her children by MULTIPLE fathers. She had no job. She had her own issues with the law. Her son who she caught throwing rocks has already been in trouble.

But it's not like mom set a good example. Would letting teachers spank these kids do any good?

No. In fact the teacher would have to be suicidal to spank these kids. A mob of them could be waiting outside the school to kill the teacher. Or maybe the ghetto parents would do it.

So yes they may very well end up in jail or dead. But you won't solve the problem by hitting them.

Miss mother of six and never married and getting knocked up by multiple dudes needed to use birth control and/or abortion until she was stable enough to have kids. What's needed is more planned parenthood and that can be tied to existing social services. The system can be restructured in such a way to legitimate help people as opposed to enabling single mothers to repeatedly have children that they cannot take care of.

In fact the lower birth rate is a factor in why crime in NYC has gone down. Less unwanted kids plus the fact ACS takes away neglected and abused kids has reduced the number of kids who grow up in extremely unwanted circumstances.

Oh and miss mother of six is being investigated by CPS for child abuse and an inability to provide for her children (six kids and no JOB).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City