Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 06:09 PM

515 posts, read 875,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
Not every McDonalds everywhere has regular melees. I take my daughter to MCD's regularly where she has a wonderful time playing with children of every race. The problem is the thug culture in Brooklyn. Basically if I were Mcds, I'd flex my financial muscle and put a ransom on the heads of the thugs acting out in my restaurant. Get 'em off the street and in the joint. It would be a service to the community. Brooklyn would be a better place for it.
You should be a decent parent and take your daughter to the park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 07:28 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
It's only going to get worst. Told you guys a long time ago, a segment of our society are falling down and there is no saving them, it has reached thepoint of no return. "Let's take it outside" is not even valid anymore.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:30 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
There is white people in that McDonalds all the time. I highly doubt they would've bothered them.
They usually won't bother you unless you draw attention to yourself. Or do something foolish. Usually.

Last edited by Aeran; 05-15-2015 at 09:39 PM..

Old 05-15-2015, 09:35 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansean View Post
I don't know if the "good samaritan" was a fool. He's probably a stand-up guy who cares about his 'hood and his people. You know, the kind of guy white people say they wish there were more of in these 'hoods. What he WAS was untrained, and not cognizant of the tactical situation. In such a sitch, you call the police and step away. now..if that young girl was in imminent danger of severe injury or death, and intervening was the only way to save her..*shrug

it depends on your level of balls/courage.
It's touch and go in situations like these. The one lone person who stopped a group of bikers from continuing to punch the Asian guy in the black SUV awhile back successfully intervened. I think that was in the Bronx. I guess ghetto girls are scarier than a group of grown men bikers!

Old 05-15-2015, 09:57 PM

274 posts, read 298,015 times
You gus think things are bad now? Just wait. We don't hold parents responsible and very soon much of the cops' power will be further diminished because god help you if you make an arrest on a person of color these days.

People ask why I live in the suburbs. Because we don't have %#* like this going on with lawless streets where there is 1 cop for every 500 hood rats. Oh and NYC residents can't own a firearm so good luck protecting yourselves from these animals.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:03 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
It's touch and go in situations like these. The one lone person who stopped a group of bikers from continuing to punch the Asian guy in the black SUV awhile back successfully intervened. I think that was in the Bronx. I guess ghetto girls are scarier than a group of grown men bikers!
It happened in Washington Heights, a neighborhood in northern Manhattan and not in the Bronx. People these days assume Brooklyn is about free range, organic, locally sustainable, farm to table, gluten, and corn syrup free diet, but in reality Brooklyn loves it's McDonald's.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:33 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
There is white people in that McDonalds all the time. I highly doubt they would've bothered them.
Not judging from the video. I saw NONE...the crowd was 100% black.

Last edited by Kefir King; 05-16-2015 at 06:43 AM..

Old 05-16-2015, 07:23 AM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
You gus think things are bad now? Just wait. We don't hold parents responsible and very soon much of the cops' power will be further diminished because god help you if you make an arrest on a person of color these days.

People ask why I live in the suburbs. Because we don't have %#* like this going on with lawless streets where there is 1 cop for every 500 hood rats. Oh and NYC residents can't own a firearm so good luck protecting yourselves from these animals.
Isn't life grand? We can sit back while all the people who disdain and constantly speak ill of the dreaded suburbs watch their liberal utopia fall apart around them. I couldn't imagine not being able to defend myself with a firearm if needs be. The people who willing place their safety in the hands of the cops they hate more than anything else in the world are absolutely mindboggling to me. It's like being in a zoo. I am fascinated by their thought processes which are completely alien to me.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:32 AM

499 posts, read 793,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
This kind of stuff was less frequent under Giuliani/Bloomberg because kids knew cops would beat the crap out of them if they went wilding.

Thanks Deblasio.
Glad I moved to the suburbs.

As much as I don't like DeBlasio, this statement is ridiculous. Funny how short some people's memories are:

McDonald's Fight Is Third For Greenwich Village McDonald's (VIDEO)

Old 05-16-2015, 07:48 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
It tickles me that you actually believe that. It really does. Does NO ONE here realize that the crime rate is MUCH lower now than it was then? What, because now people can record and post these fights online means its happening more? There people are here, on this site, RIGHT NOW, who are just agreeing with this as if it isn't one of the most uninformed, bias statements...on this page of the thread, anyway.

Durr, DeBlasio, you fault!

Come on.
Good points. Yes, Giuliani started a great trend that Bloomberg continued, but its not like we're in 1990's NYC, crime-wise, though some of de Blasio's policing "reforms" makes me question how much he values our progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City