Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 03:07 PM

35,248 posts, read 17,133,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The suit should have been dismissed. The lady went hiking and climbed a small mountain afterwards.
The Court system is craven. It lacks courage to dismiss meritless suits at an early stage. Parties settle because the cost of proceeding through discovery and then moving for summary judgment is astronomical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 03:49 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,747,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
the cost of proceeding through discovery and then moving for summary judgment is astronomical.
let's not forget that the root of all this is evil is the universal truth that lawyers are complete scumbags

Old 12-11-2018, 07:19 AM

16,157 posts, read 6,899,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
let's not forget that the root of all this is evil is the universal truth that lawyers are complete scumbags

You have misspelled the word lawyer. It is spelled " L.....I.....A.....R ".

Old 12-11-2018, 10:09 AM

35,248 posts, read 17,133,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You have misspelled the word lawyer. It is spelled " L.....I.....A.....R ".
Thanks. </sarcasm>

The problem with blaming this on lawyers is at some point, in most proceedings, the lawyers are working for free.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:33 AM

16,157 posts, read 6,899,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Neither do I. I was being sarcastic.

I hope this lawsuit is dismissed, otherwise it's a disastrous precedent to set. The minute word gets out that NYC is doling out millions to anyone who sprains an ankle on city land, that entire state will be broke in no time.

*edit* Nevermind, I see that the city was still dumb enough to pay out $95,000. It's no five mils but I guess she'll take whatever she can get.

Just remember............Karma.....Karma.......Karma... ........
The future is able to answer many concerns of the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City