Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 09:30 PM

34,019 posts, read 17,050,952 times

Advertisements

I saw many homeless hustlers in NYC today, as always, and while I donate elsewhere, I never, ever, ever give someone on the street money. I too, see the same hustlers, pulling the same scams, repeatedly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 09:36 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Every single one of those guys standing at the corner in NYC collecting money for the homeless are all running scams. It's amazing the city has not go after these guys, maybe this keeps those guys out of prison.
Yea! Like the guy on the J train with the can of Pringle's and the shopping bag with juice and sandwich inside.
State's he is collecting money for the shelter trade change, or dollers for food, I use to give him.a doller every time
Never took food, But boy he got very up set when he had to give a homeless.person a sandwich and not one but
Two juice, he was tripping because he knew the women was not going to give him a red cent,ha,ha,ha...😂. 😂
Then I saw him again around 10:00 pm. Last stop on J Train. He was counting the money had a fat stack.💲💲💲
I knew then he was a con artist never again did I give him money, he also makes smart remarks when people don't
Give money.😨😨😨

Old 06-07-2015, 09:56 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,714,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
Of course. That was very nice of her to buy a cheeseburger for a black homeless man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
Sarcasm at its finest.
What about the white homeless man holding the door at Brooks Brothers. Shouldn't someone buy him a pastel plaid shirt??

Old 06-08-2015, 05:55 AM

279 posts, read 521,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
What about the white homeless man holding the door at Brooks Brothers. Shouldn't someone buy him a pastel plaid shirt??
Maybe, but then again I've never see such a scenario at any Brooks Brothers' location.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:58 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,714,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on the avenue View Post
Maybe, but then again I've never see such a scenario at any Brooks Brothers' location.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:45 PM

292 posts, read 702,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy00 View Post
OP, wants to fell better about himself, now he (or her) can post his kindness on facebook for the world to see! but, be careful, case you might get some health conscious who will blast you for help ending the homeless dude live sooner by feeding him that fatty, high cholestrol burger.
Uuum, the dude is homeless. I would think his main priority is to survive each day than to stress about his LDL levels from a meal, he rarely gets. Just my two cents.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
Yea! Like the guy on the J train with the can of Pringle's and the shopping bag with juice and sandwich inside.
State's he is collecting money for the shelter trade change, or dollers for food, I use to give him.a doller every time
Never took food, But boy he got very up set when he had to give a homeless.person a sandwich and not one but
Two juice, he was tripping because he knew the women was not going to give him a red cent,ha,ha,ha...😂. 😂
Then I saw him again around 10:00 pm. Last stop on J Train. He was counting the money had a fat stack.💲💲💲
I knew then he was a con artist never again did I give him money, he also makes smart remarks when people don't
Give money.😨😨😨

Yep and that is why I don't give them 'ish. I would rather give the people are perform; the Spanish band that plays the accordion and sings, the African drummers and the younger dancers; it's showtiiiiiime! lol. At least I know they are "working" for theirs. Can't knock their hustle.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
Their was a program a while ago that interview homeless people,and most stated,that they make more money
Begging then working and some homeless people get social security checks they rather live in the street's
Because they don't have to pay bills.they don't go to shelter's because they like their freedom, You never
Know they hide there money stash on them inside those dirty bags.the homeless people or not stupid...🏡...🏩...🏨
Exactly! Some prefer the lifestyle and rather "hustle" the working folks for their earned money. I uses to feel sorry for them but many of them are scammers, especially the ones who use their children and try to gain more sympathy by their children beg. It's disgusting. I feel bad for a few but it's hard to figure out who is authentic. I just keep my money, lol.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:50 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyalltheway View Post
Yep and that is why I don't give them 'ish. I would rather give the people are perform; the Spanish band that plays the accordion and sings, the African drummers and the younger dancers; it's showtiiiiiime! lol. At least I know they are "working" for theirs. Can't knock their hustle.
Yes I agree with you the young teens,doing show time I enjoy watching them. Some people don't I always give
To them. They make some good change ,I seen one counting and told me at times they make 100.00 to 200.00 dollars,
A day I told him not to count his money in front of people.But it's not begging they work for it.About a month ago
In the J train they have poster's ,banding them from preforming show time. Those teen's are very skillfull rolling
Down the asile and swinging that pole while the train is riding.And not banging in to anyone.At least I have not.
Seen it happen,I whish I could help them...IT'S SHOW TIME ! ...⌚...⏳...⏰...⌛... I'm going to miss that...😥..

Old 06-09-2015, 09:28 AM

113 posts, read 127,033 times
My wife and I routinely argue about this. Shes a good-hearted person and she wants to give a few dollars to every person begging on the streets. What she doesnt realize is by giving them money it just gives them no reason to go out and work. Why should they work for min. wage when they can make three times as much standing on street corners looking for people who are soft touches. I work 3 jobs just to pay our bills, it burns me up to give any of our hard earned money away to people who are lazy. Of course theres a smalll percentage of them who really do need help and cant work, but the majority of people I see are able to work and are just too lazy to find a job. Theres social services out there for people who truly need help, where are the social services for middle class people who are struggling to make ends meet. *** that, make them work for it like the rest of us do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: