Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 01:13 AM

757 posts, read 1,103,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefrogs View Post
you know, you don't have to be in love with one singular female. there are other things and people worth loving in the world. i think a large percentage of individuals in large cities are single. ironically, you have identified things you need to work on: your height and your income to attract your mate. i think that you have the answer that you seek. you'll do fine. find love in other things. it doesn't have to exist in one singular female.
you really put yourself on a line when you ask the posters for advice. their advice may be harsh, but most advice in life comes with thorns.
The only people I love more than a female are my family and friends. Things? I can't love things. I can enjoy them, but I've never loved anyTHING in my life. Hobbies and careers are good for self-development, but they don't fill that hole. Maybe for some it does but it hasn't worked for me. People think I'm crazy for thinking this way, so be it. I'm on uncharted land, I don't expect others to understand a place they never been to before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I wish I can help, but I'm out here chilling in Miami, paradise on earth.
Have fun man

Old 05-27-2015, 07:06 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
You should add that it is a paradise if you got hella money to blow. Seems like a rather unsustainable place for a lot of us to make a living long-term. Salaries are way lower down there I believe.
I wouldn't live there, just visiting getting some sun. Salaries are lower but also are the prices. However Miami does have a lot of poverty. Like NYC you need to have at most BA to have a good or stable job. No matter what city you are in America, NY LA San Francisco, DC, Miami, Las Vegas. All these cities require large sums of money to live the good life. And NYC doent require. A large sum of money to live a good life?
The only benefit Miami has over NYC for me is that Miami cleared up my allergies and sinus, a constant. Aliment that plagues me in NYC 3 out of 4 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
In addition the area is overcrowded and no public transportation so you will be stuck in rush hour traffic in your car. Plus real estate keep getting more expensive with wealthy south american investors. You are also one hurricane away from getting wiped out.
LOL a NYC fan boy. Miami has public transportation, they have buses and commuter rail. I rather have a public transit system that is limited in scope but functional, NYC transit system is delayed, dirty, nasty, never on time and a relic of pre dawn 20th century. Miami is not as overcrowded as NYC which has over 8 million people and then some. As for Hurricanes? NYC nearly got whipped out by Sandy and the city was shut down. Half of Manhattan lost power for more than 2 days and was I'll prepared for such a DISASTER. On top of that massive snow storm that shut the city down and fear of terrorism. Not for nothing but you sound very ignorant and dont seemed curious about the larger picture of America. Nothing wrong with being insular, but it sounds like you are one of those guys who never leave Manhattan Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Not nice to Brag to the Op who is down and out. Should've invited him to join you on your trip
I told him he needs to get out and see things and travel. You really can't worry about love and enjoy loving yourself first. If you don't love yourself first, how can you go out finding love anywhere.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-27-2015 at 07:21 AM..

Old 05-27-2015, 08:29 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,417,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I wouldn't live there, just visiting getting some sun. Salaries are lower but also are the prices. However Miami does have a lot of poverty. Like NYC you need to have at most BA to have a good or stable job. No matter what city you are in America, NY LA San Francisco, DC, Miami, Las Vegas. All these cities require large sums of money to live the good life. And NYC doent require. A large sum of money to live a good life?
The only benefit Miami has over NYC for me is that Miami cleared up my allergies and sinus, a constant. Aliment that plagues me in NYC 3 out of 4 season.

LOL a NYC fan boy. Miami has public transportation, they have buses and commuter rail. I rather have a public transit system that is limited in scope but functional, NYC transit system is delayed, dirty, nasty, never on time and a relic of pre dawn 20th century. Miami is not as overcrowded as NYC which has over 8 million people and then some. As for Hurricanes? NYC nearly got whipped out by Sandy and the city was shut down. Half of Manhattan lost power for more than 2 days and was I'll prepared for such a DISASTER. On top of that massive snow storm that shut the city down and fear of terrorism. Not for nothing but you sound very ignorant and dont seemed curious about the larger picture of America. Nothing wrong with being insular, but it sounds like you are one of those guys who never leave Manhattan Island.

I told him he needs to get out and see things and travel. You really can't worry about love and enjoy loving yourself first. If you don't love yourself first, how can you go out finding love anywhere.
Good point at the end there for the other guy. New Yorkers that have the means do try to get away from time to time.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:25 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefrogs View Post
you know, you don't have to be in love with one singular female. there are other things and people worth loving in the world. i think a large percentage of individuals in large cities are single. ironically, you have identified things you need to work on: your height and your income to attract your mate. i think that you have the answer that you seek. you'll do fine. find love in other things. it doesn't have to exist in one singular female.
you really put yourself on a line when you ask the posters for advice. their advice may be harsh, but most advice in life comes with thorns.
Agree 100%

Old 05-27-2015, 06:21 PM

I didn't mean to offend anyone in this forum. The last three months have been extremely difficult. Too much stress has been weighing down on my psyche since the break-up, and it's made me bitter towards the world around me. I'm not trying to perceive myself as holier than thou or as someone who is more unique than others. I'm just trying to get a grasp of the world around me and find a footing. My judgment is foggy and I can't see anything in front of me right now, It feels like I'm in hell (in my head anyway). My future seems daunting no matter how I look at it, but I have no choice but to keep going.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:42 PM

624 posts, read 982,577 times
The self pity and attention seeking here is nauseating...

Old 05-27-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmatthew5876 View Post
The self pity and attention seeking here is nauseating...
Then don't comment

Old 05-30-2015, 03:57 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
I didn't mean to offend anyone in this forum. The last three months have been extremely difficult. Too much stress has been weighing down on my psyche since the break-up, and it's made me bitter towards the world around me. I'm not trying to perceive myself as holier than thou or as someone who is more unique than others. I'm just trying to get a grasp of the world around me and find a footing. My judgment is foggy and I can't see anything in front of me right now, It feels like I'm in hell (in my head anyway). My future seems daunting no matter how I look at it, but I have no choice but to keep going.
This is true you have to keep on going, I 'm glad you decided to take some advise as time go's on thing's will.
Get better you'll see, then pretty soon you're be telling us the good news. I don't know if you believe in praying.
I do and it helps to pray, God will look out for you. He look's out for me, And every one who believes 😇
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City